J-Pop Has anyone ever heard of BoA?

Discussion in 'Music' started by koyal, Feb 21, 2004.

1. koyal

koyal New Member

has anyone were heared of a artist called BoA
    yeah thats the girl she's a really good singer i think . i really love that song EVERY HEART

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Which boa? There's two that are rather popular.

There's the band "boa" which does the opening theme to Serial Experiments Lain called "duvet". I believe it's an Australian group...or Austrian. Whatever. They're a full band. Another great song of theirs that made it into an SELain OST was "And Then She Kissed Her"...which was WAY before T.a.T.u.'s Lesbo-rock. =D

Then there's BoA, which is actually something of a shortering of the girl's name. She's a korean singer that branched into J-pop and English pop. She's got the very pop-like image, and she's rather good. EXTREMELY popular too. I've got a clip of her singing Silent Night with Britney Spears and other K-artists. I keep listening to "Rock With You" and "Double" right now.

3. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

the boa from Lain is a brit group i believe...

4. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Yeah, I've heard of BoA, the Korean singer. My brother has several albums of hers, including this remix album with a reggae remix of one of her songs (songs really cool). We also had several of her music videos, DVD's, etc. I don't really care about her though, cuz I don't like artists who are too popular. A singer friend of mine got to hang out with her and record a song, which I thought was cool. And according to her, BoA is extremely petite (which you can't really notice on video).

5. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

:glazed: It's two different musical acts.. argh. I just assumed that Jasmine Rodgers == BoA lol I gues I've never heard anything of BoA's then.. if I had, I might have realized that before now.

Well, I learn something new every day. Sometimes more than once a day.

6. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

Althought I've on;y heard three of her songs, but I really do like them. I've only heard to ones mp3 offers. My favorite is ID Peace B. It's a pretty good song.

7. Yonaki

Yonaki New Member

I heard a lot of songs by BoA (which stands for Beat of Angel, I believe?). Recently, I bought one her album, "Atlantis Princess" in Dallas. I love the album, but I'm still not done listening to it. Lol. ^.^;;

Be the One is probably my favorite out of all her songs. ^_^

8. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I love BoA! I own Atlantis Princess as well. My favourites from that album would have to be ID Peace Be and Be the One. However, My all time favourite is "The Love Bug", which she sang with M-Flo recently.

9. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

BoA.... I really dont like her. Her voice is too high pitched for me.

When I listen to Female Japanese artists for their voices... I listen to Tomiko Van, shes the vocalist of Do As Infinity.

Well, that's just my two cents on the matter.

10. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

i am not a really big fan of her but the strange thing is that i have someof her CDs lol.. she´s a korean girl not so popular in korea than in japan.. and most koreans say she doesnt sing real good.. you know.. and that she is really bad in english... (whispers* some one helps her alot on it) lol.. anyways... the best CD i like of hers is BoA Valenti.. yeah.. some of the nice songs in there
    misao

11. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I love BoA too! Arcueid actually sent me all the songs I have featuring BoA! I fell in love with the smooth singing style.

--MT

12. Kaori

Kaori New Member

hahahahaha

her japanese isnt all that either *laughs*

ah well, I don't really like her, but *shrugs* she's ok. However, I really like that song she did with M-Flo - the love bug

It's really catchy.

13. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Let's see. I got into BoA during her "Valenti" days...but promised myself not to listen more...but meh, after the trip to China, my cousin made me addicited. So here I am, with "Listen to My heart", "Valenti" and " Love & Honesty " Albums, bought in China.

But yeah she's good, and she can shake her butt too ;)