Anime Hello! in Japan.

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Taka, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Taka

Taka New Member

I'm Japanease

Nice to meet you. I am a Japanese university student. And it is comics and an animated cartoon otaku.
    One day I knew that comics were popular on the Internet abroad. I wanted to talk with such people and looked for a bulletin board.
    I am not good at English. Because I use translation software, I may perform wrong translation, but please forgive it.
    At this place, I want to talk about doubt from all of you and the misunderstanding about Japan. Thanking you in advance.
    The, by the way, favorite comic "Mr. magic Negima!" It is like "and "excellent detective Conan" and "Hayate no gotoku".
    But this is a particularly favorite book. Furthermore, I know several hundred kinds Animes and comics.

Please hear anything.
    You may ask me even a thing except comics.

Finally.
    This English sentence is wrong.
    I'm sorry. (I laugh)

下手な英語ですが、よろしく!!

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Hello Taka! Nice to meet you. :)

I'm BakaMattSu, one of the bulletin board administrators. You can call me "Matt" or "BMS" if you prefer. If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask myself or any of the team here.

You can find the complete list of the team here:
    http://www.boards.jp/forums/showgroups.php.

Your English is not bad. It is better than my Japanese. ^_^;

I have read quite a bit of "Mahou Sensei Negima". My sister collects a number of manga titles, and that happens to be one of them. Which characters do you like? I am a fan of Asakura Kazumi.

I have not read any of "Hayate no gotoku", but I did see some of the animated version. I found it off the wall funny - I should really see more.

My absolute favorite titles are "Saber Marionette J" and "Slayers". I guess I'm also a bit of a Hayashibara Megumi fan. :p

If you don't mind, could you tell us a bit more about yourself? What are you studying in university? What activities do you enjoy besides anime and manga?

(You can delete one of your messages by clicking on the "Edit" button at the bottom of it - the one with the picture of scissors. It will change the message so that you can edit it - you can remove it by pushing the "Delete" button that will appear on the bottom of the editing box)

Welcome to the boards!

3. Taka

Taka New Member

Thanks

Thank you for answering.
    Thank you.
    The person whom I like in Negima is SetsunaSakurazaki.
    I live in Japanese Kyoto. Does Kyoto know it?
    Setsuna and Konoka appearing in Negima are from Kyoto.
    Words of Kyoto and Osaka have a dialect. It is called Kansai dialect. A place of the school excursion to come out to five or six volumes of Negima is a neighborhood of my house.
    I want to show the photograph of the place that became the sample of comics this time.
    Kyoto is a temple, a Shinto shrine, a samurai and a town of the maikos.
    Of course there is not the samurai now.
    Only in an animated cartoon and a movie.

Friends like "Saber Marionette J" very much.
    I hear a story from a friend this time.
    I watched "Slayers" on TV very in old days.
    I do not remember it now.
    I am sorry that a talk is not possible by the topic.

I am envious of what can watch an animated cartoon and the masterpiece of comics studying in Japan from old days at a time.

It is strange that DragonBall and OnePiece appear in the same magazine. (I laugh)

I learn construction at a university.
    And I belong to the circle shooting a movie.

I played tennis at the age of a senior high school.

Because it is written in English, as for all these bulletin boards, what even one icon reads is serious. (^^;
    Please teach it in various ways from now on.

And please ask you a question more. (^^ b

Finally I am famous in Japan, but is not there "the east(東方 Touhou)" or "a video with a smile (nikoniko video)" the person knowing?

4. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Hey Taka, nice to meet you. They call me wert around here.

I agree with BMS, your English is way better than any of our japanese. I wish I had a good translating program like you have.

I haven't seen Negima or Detective Conan either, but I think my brother has the Negima Manga. I should read it sometime. You sound like a Shonen Jump guy. Dragon Ball and One Piece in the same magazine? That's mix of old and new. I remember watching Dragon Ball over 10 years ago on TV.

I'm also into Saber Marionette and Slayers, but I saw Slayers when they brought it over here to the United States and subtitled it for us. I remember watching that around the same time as Gundam Wing and Yu Yu Hakusho. We all had VHS tape cassettes of fansub organizations who provided them to us free.

So tell us a little more about yourself. You are learning construction, does that mean that you're studying to become an engineer? Are you learning to design buildings or to actually build them with brick and cement?

Were you any good at Tennis when you were a senior in High School?

~W

5. Taka

Taka New Member

Nice to meet you wert.
    Because I learn English since a junior high school in Japan, I revise even not only the translation software but also oneself. ^^;
    After all I may say that it is rude because culture is different.
    Because there is not it, please permit it the intention to say that it is rude laughingly.
    Because emotional display is difficult, as for the Japanese in particular, expression is difficult.

About ShounenJump, I seem to have misunderstood it.

The reason is because it thought that it is famous to have talked about Jump.

I read a lot of magazines elsewhere, but thought that I might be different from Japan.

I love Yu-Yu-Hakusho, too.
    The character whom I like most is Kurama.

As for the time when DragonBall was broadcasted, I am the same as Japan.
    When U.S.A. was the back than Japan, I misunderstood it.
    I'm sorry.

By the way, about a building.
    I study now to take the qualification of the design architect.
    I do steel reinforced concrete and wooden study to design the building, but it is a housing plan to study most.
    I study a problem between the houses of the neighborhood, environment and a design.

In other words the carpentering does not study.
    I move a head than an arm. ^^ b

I gained the physical strength because I played tennis.
    It was circle activity, but it is degree to sometimes do by a hobby now because the strength was normal.

I did rubber-ball tennis in the junior high school.
    Do you know the rubber-ball tennis?
    I use the ball of tender rubber.
    Because I am soft, I strongly take a turn and a wind-force.
    So the orbit of the ball changes very much.

A boomerang snake can beat on the day when wind is strong(It is a lie)(I laugh)(←It is a prince of the tennis of comics)

Do the all of you read animated cartoon and which of comics?

6. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Do you mean Manga?

Right now I'm reading Trigun Maximum and Get Backers (Gettobakkāzu Dakkan'ya?). I think my all time favorite Manga is Sorcerer Hunters (Bakuretsu Hunters?). It was the first series I read from beginning to end and I loved it. I also like Gunsmith Cats.

As far as Anime goes I'm watching One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto with a few other series. Mushishi is another of my all time favorites. For some reason I also enjoyed Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni. I hoped spelled those out right.

Design Architect? That's a great career. Very creative. A lot of math and angles. Will be be seeing any buildings that you designed soon?

~W

7. Taka

Taka New Member

zzZZZ

Because I was not able to translate your question well, I may mishear it.

I want to watch Sakurada Familia in the future.
    There is not the genuine building which I designed, but always imagines it now. :rolleyes:

I am very glad of talking in one's English that I wrote.
    Possibly a joke does not go for a difference of the culture, and it may be made a mistake in a meaning, but I am very friendly for all of you.

By the way, about manga.
    I think getting backers to be a splendid work.
    In addition, I really think the bleach to be manga like Japan.
    The RurouiKenshin is a samurai.
    The bleach is not a samurai. :D

Are there the all of you that I did not understand it by the words of Japanese manga?

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I am familiar with Kyoto. It is featured very often in movies and pictures of Japan. In fact, if I ever do go to Japan, Kyoto is my #1 on my list of places to see. Of course, there are so many things to see in Kyoto alone, I'm not even sure where I would begin!

Really? I wonder if I could guess which place it is. :)

I like that old and new appear together. I find many classic anime and manga titles have a great place in my heart that many of the new titles don't.

I am terrible at all sports, but I do like to play baseball and badminton (not very well, hehe)

I am sorry, forgive me. I forgot how complicated deletion can be. I made some quick screen captures outlining how to delete. I hope you can understand them.

1) Click on Edit at the bottom of your message
    [​IMG]

2) Click on the Delete button when the edit box appears
    [​IMG]

3) Choose the "Delete message" option.
    4) Click the "Delete this message" button.
    [​IMG]

Hmm... I'm afraid I do not recognize that. ^_^;;

I would like to learn more about it - do you have any web pages you can link about it (Japanese ones) ?

That is understandable and acceptable. If you are having trouble, you can use the icons for expressions. :p:D;):):eek::eek:

Japanese animation and manga has become very popular outside of Japan over the last 10 years. We're lucky today to have english-translated manga and anime available for purchase - it was difficult to import before. We can now walk into department stores and supermarkets and buy manga off the shelf (we couldn't find it almost anywhere before). That popularity is why there is also an english-version of Shonen Jump. :)

I am currently watching two series that are airing in Japan right now - Slayers REVOLUTION and To Love-Ru (To LOVEる -とらぶる-).

Slayers, because I love the series (I own every movie, ova and TV series on DVD)

To Love-Ru because... well... because it is Ecchi. :blush2:

I tend to watch anime instead of reading manga. I *am* reading through the american X-Men comics right now, though. I started with the old 1960s series and am working my way to the present - currently up to 1985. :p

I have a small but growing anime collection on DVD. I'll list the titles off, and maybe you'll see one we can both discuss (I'll leave out Slayers and Saber Marionette J, since I already mentioned them over and over). :D

Azumanga Daioh (あずまんが大王)
    City Hunter (シティーハンター)
    Death Note (デスノート)
    DNA^2 (~何処かで失くしたあいつのアイツ~)
    Excel Saga (へっぽこ実験アニメーション エクセル・サーガ)
    Lost Universe (ロスト・ユニバース)
    Lupin III (ルパン三世)
    Ranma 1/2 (らんま1/2)
    Rurouni Kenshin (るろうに剣心)
    Strawberry Eggs (あぃまぃみぃ!ストロベリー・エッグ)
    Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱)
    Tenchi Muyo! (天地無用!)
    When They Cry (ひぐらしのなく頃に)

I also own the last dozen story volumes of Rurouni Kenshin (Jinchuu).

I also love the works of Akira Kurosawa (黒沢 明,), Hayao Miyazaki (宮崎 駿) and also the movie Battle Royale (バトル・ロワイアル) - I should read the book someday...

9. Taka

Taka New Member

busy recently (ToT)

I feel glad that I had you write a long sentence.
    However, I cannot translate this today so that we have a part-time job in the morning of tomorrow early.

I write an answer in the night of tomorrow.
    I'm sorry.

It is complexed that there is difference in time. (^^;

By the way, my parttimer is bookstore! !  ^ o ^

It was helped by explanation with an illustration.
    Thank you.

10. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Hello!!!

Hello Taka! It is nice to meet new friends from Japan, I'm b-tuvs I also go by my other pen name b-Werx, I draw manga as a hobby (I'm an amateur manga artist) I hope I will be able to work with you on some of my manga projects in the future :eek:

I got lots to ask about some holidays, customs and events in Japan as basis for my stories and I can't wait to begin! :D

The anime shows that I enjoy watching right now are Sekirei (セキレイ), ToLOVERu (To LOVEる -とらぶる- ), Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (乃木坂春香の秘密) and Ichigo 100%. I just realized something, when you spell ToLOVERu in katakana it spells トラブル (trouble) :p

11. manslayer

manslayer animatedbboywhatareyou

So what is like in Japan and didn't you guys just had a holidy yesterday.Or was it last week.

12. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

You're from Kyoto? That's awesome! I'm living in Aomori right now!

13. Taka

Taka New Member

Sorry

I was not able to come for a long time.
    The reason is because my club activities were busy.
    I go for the photography of the movie from tomorrow.
    In other words I think that I cannot come for a while.

Hello b-tuvs.
    The book which b-tuvs reads talks about the love.
    And I was surprised at having many recent animated cartoons.

By the way, I think that the セキレイand Toらぶる is comics of the breasts . :D

Strawberry 100% are comics of underpants. :D

But I like these.
    I recommend these books.

The author of strawberry 100% draws a new comic.
    However, it was over in three volumes.

Please tell a lot of stories from now on.

Hello Yakamashi.
    As for the origin of your name, is Japanese; is because "is noisy?"
    I was surprised that you lived in Aomori. :eek:
    Can you speak Japanese?
    Because they have a lot of meanses, words do not keep Aomori with them even with me.
    If there is an opportunity, I want to meet you once. :)

I want to talk more, but there is not already time today.

I write the answer in the prose of all of you by all means.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

14. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Take our time. We know life gets in the way. ;) But just make sure you stay. :D

My real name is Karrie. I go by Basher, bashie, bash here. Or whatever name wert feels like throwing out. :D

As far as the anime and manga you have listed off I watch a few of them.

I have seen DBZ but who hasn't?
    I have seen some Detective Conan

I used to buy Shonen Jump but not anymore.

Welcome to the boards. :D