Help me!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Datenshi_Ryu, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Datenshi_Ryu

Datenshi_Ryu New Member

Fellow rurouni kenshin fans, i need help. i don't see rurouni kenshin anymore on cartoon network!!! It used to be on at 11:00 P.M on saturdays but now it's being replaced with....something besides rurouni kenshin! Is thier something going on i don't know about? If any of you know plz write!!!!!!!

2. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Do yourself a favor and stop watching that terrible, butchered, crappy version of RK and check out the real thing... (jap subs).

3. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

they cancelled it.
    since miguzi started toonami is on saturdays and it ends at 11pm.
    they put adult swim on at 11pm so no more kenshin :sad:
    i am so mad at them :anger2:
    thats why you don't see it

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

dont worry about it....honestly, your not missing much...unfortunetly the series wasnt that great. athough yes is Kenshin animated, its kenshin animated badly...episodes would swing from being incredibly well animated, to horrible animated..the first few episodes were ok, but after that things got sketchy quick. and the american version is even worse. the voicing is terrible and the amount of scene cuts isnt worth it at all...

5. HimuraKenshin

HimuraKenshin New Member

honestly u all should be glad kenshin isn't on cartoon network just go to a mall or any store that suncoast, or newbery comics and get the real good stuff

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

actually, since they are american releases, the intros and credits are usually in english, which isnt so bad. but hey...your still missing that good ole japanese text.

7. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

i actually like the songs better in japanese. it sounds prettier. hey is it weird to fall asleep to japanese music. like the slow songs and everything. because i always do.

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

well, for the most part, because japanese words are longer than english ones. the songs have to be sped up in English which usually results in crap.

9. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

yes it's not very good to turn a really good anime song from good Japanese to crappy american. :sad:

10. Sagara

Sagara New Member

I listened to some RK and OAV songs to get to sleep once...it was soothing

I wouldn't go to suncoast to get the episodes Datenshi_Ryu, Its way too expensive, Go on Ebay and look it up..I got Ep. 1-94 for $60. The price will say $20 but they add $40 for shipping and handling from China....they just do that to get more money....those bastards :anger2:
    It's only in subtitles but it was defitely worth my money

11. Hitokiri_Gensai

i wouldnt do that. those are bootleg copies and usually are low quality. i would just buy the episodes from straight from Japan. honestly, even tho they're cheap your just adding fuel to an illegal economy.

12. Sagara

Sagara New Member

thats what i thought when i bought them but they werent bootleg...its from a real company and manufactured in china

13. Hitokiri_Gensai

i hate to burst your bubble, but they are bootleg. regardless of the company, no anime that comes out of China is real. the only real stuff comes from Japan without exception.

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

alright, ive got a correction to make, if its from a single person not a dealer its more likely to be real then if its from a company or just really cheap.

16. Sagara

Sagara New Member

17. Hitokiri_Gensai

well, because it includes madarin subtitles it seems kinda fishy...generally, a true Japanese DVD set only has Japanese Audio and Chinese and Japanese Subtitles. Mandarin is a completely different dialect than most of the country.

18. Sagara

Sagara New Member

I thought it was a bootleg copy but the quality is really good...

but anyways, if it is bootleg i apologize for recommending it over the real stuff
    the last thing i wanna do is take buisness away from RK :sad:

19. Hitokiri_Gensai

well, thats the point of these companies. they sell high quality bootlegs for a low price, and usually and up sellling tons of such things. its not their aim to spread new anime or anything of the such, there aim is to make money.

say the whole Rurouni Kenshin Box set, the real thing, sells for 250 dollars and they sell 50 sets in a month, they make 12,500 dollars.

now, if this bootleg company sells their set for 9 bucks but sells 2000 sets a month, they make almost 18000 at half the cost for production.

the same thing happens with anitques from Japan, with an emphsis on swords.

a true Japanese sword from the early periods of production say 1300 usually costs between 10,000 - 80,000 dollars, depending on quality and preservation quality. now, many and i mean many, Chinese companies try to sell "japanese swords" for a much lower price usually between 500 - 2,000 dollars. but usually, they're crap. usually stamped blades with fake signatures and fake fittings, and are "antiqued" so they look old. they try to sell them as authentic antiques by falsely labelling them. now, unfortunetly, like bootleg anime, they sell mostly to americans who dont know a thing about japanese swords and buy them thinking they're real. while this obviously is a profitable business, its a complete rip off as well as a lie.

so, basicly, my point to all of this is, please, check things out before you buy something, especially if it seems "too good to be true"

20. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

*looks at e-bay*
    That's the real deal alright. *Has the stuff*

A lot of people make a business this way. They buy box DVD sets, and LOTS of them, getting a group discount. Then they sell 'em. 10 bucks is frighteningly low, though.

Also, bootleg or not, our beloved Watsuki still gets money.