Cowboy Bebop Help Save The Cowboybebop Movie!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by WoQuiNonCoin, Feb 26, 2003.

1. WoQuiNonCoin

WoQuiNonCoin New Member

Hey - as otaku, we gotta work together to help spread the news about the independent Cowboy BeBop movie, because it effects the survival of anime in america, so please help! Thank you so much!
    ~Shiiseru-kun!

2. Cunning Servant

Cunning Servant New Member

Never heard about this... this is a new movie someone is making? Give us some additional info if you want people to support it. By the way, welcome to the M2A Forums!

3. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

What are you yacking on about..

KaME

4. WoQuiNonCoin

WoQuiNonCoin New Member

CowboyBeBop movie info

Well, CowboyBeBop's really an awesome anime.. go to bebop268170.com for more info, It's not my site, so i didnt want to put it up as mine..
    But the anime it self is kinda like a jazzy Outlaw Star with about 200+ songs behind it, and there all awesome. Be sure
    to check 268170 out.
    But no matter what anime you like, this WILL be important to the success of it!

5. Cunning Servant

Cunning Servant New Member

Look, I know what Cowboy Bebop is, I watched the entire series as it is, but what is all this "independant movie" stuff you are talking about?? The website you gave us is just a fansite, an EXTREMELY well made one, but it doesn't say anything about an "independant Cowboy Bebop movie". Are you talking about the Cowboy Bebop movie which had its screening rights bought by Sony/Tristar, or something entirely different?

6. WoQuiNonCoin

WoQuiNonCoin New Member

beBop movie

Yeah, im talking about that one.
    "Independent" means it's not going to be shown in the "big" theatres.

I gave you the site because you asked what BeBop was. 0.o

7. Marie-chan

Marie-chan New Member

Cowboy Bebop the movie!

im marie, i love cowboy bebop. itz a kick butt show & probably a kick butt movie too. so i marie-chan will support cowboy bebop the movie! come on anime lovers show some support for other cowboy bebop lovers out there. thank you!:mad: :confused: :anger2: :sad:

8. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Um its going to be released in Selected Theaters only.. and so what if its not going to be at every theater.. Anime never is..

get over it

KaMe

9. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I don't feel this movie will really have a big impact... I mean, don't you need to have seen the series to understand the movie (has not seen all of either yet)? That kind of limits its audience.

Anime is going to be a niche thing in western society for a loooooooong time, if not forever.

10. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I wonder, as I have done many times in the past, whether it'll get any kind of release on this side of the pond. Anyone got any international info?
    Here's hoping.

11. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I'm sure there will be.If you live in Europe(is that where you live?),
    with the recent boom in popularity,anime should be everywhere.I don't know for sure,but this is what I hear.I heard that Britain's Cartoon Network has loads of anime on it.Including Cowboy Bebop.It'll probably be released sooner or later.Hopefully sooner.

12. kanashimi

kanashimi New Member

??? i thought everyone knew about the Cowboy Bebop movie...

It's called Knockin' On Heaven's Door, and is set between episode 22 and 23 of the series. anybody here get Newtype USA, this huge magazine in japan that ADV translated and puts out?

anyway~there's an aticle in the february issue about the movie. it says it's about how " the Bebop crew are on the trail of Vincent Volaju, who's terrorizing Mars with a mysterious biological weapon. Intrigue and jaw-dropping action sequences abound, leading up to the intense Halloween night climax."

"In the beginning of the movie, we hear Spike mutter in his sleep. He talks about his archrival Vicious, but it could also describe Spike himself.

Spike sleeps a lot in this movie, and to borrow the words of the 19th century poet Lord Bryon, "slumber is the sister of death." Perhaps Spike's tendency to risk his life without thinking, as well as his fixation on sleeping and dreams, are linked together as metaphors for death.

In the same vein, Vincent says, " I am not afraid of death. I'm just dreaming a dream that will go on forever." He was talking about himself, but it fits Spike so well that the line could've been written for him instead.

Spike seems to peek into the abyss of death during every action sequence. He puts himself in so much physical danger and is so unafraid of death; it's like he's already dead and is trying to feel something again. He doubts reality, and this is brought to the forefront in the movie more than it was in the TV series.

'Do you know what purgatory is? It's a place somewhere between Heaven and Hell, where those who cannot enter Heaven do penance-in other words, Earth.' This is how Vincent explains the motivations for his crimes. This theme appears in Bebop repeatedly in various forms. The movie, however, brings it clearly into focus, and in that sense, the movie represents the defining essence of Bebop."

if you can't tell, i am very bored. man, my fingers hurt. but that's just part of the three-page article. anyway, it says it's coming out March 28, but i think this is the third time they've changed the date, and like someone's already posted, not all theatres will have it probably. all i know is that i'm gonna be outside whatever theatre DOES have it around midnight or whenever the hell it does come out! yay! camping!:)

13. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Very well put article for those who want info about the movie.. I have seen it already but still want to see the Dub Version because Frankly Bebop is one anime that is better in Dub.

But very nice informative post.

KaMe

14. rsvictor1976

rsvictor1976 Guest

I don't know about that KaMeKaZi. Some of the episodes I watched (Wild Horses) didn't make sense until I watched the subtitled version. I've been watching the whole series in sub and just started to watch it in dub now. I'm still not used to Spike's voice yet, but the others are well done.

Just my humble opinion.

15. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

What.. whats the not to understand about wild horses. Spike goes to get the sword fish fix by the old man who built it.. and meanwhile Jet and Faye are trying to catch some hacker pirates..

KaME

16. Moller

Moller Guest

Are you referring to the moive that sunrise made, where Spyke fights a terrorist with some chemical thing and the bounty hunter lady Elecktra? i heard it was comming out in Aug.

17. Orphidox

Orphidox Guest

For all your "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" (Cowboy Bebop Movie) info go to :
    www.cowboybebopthemovie.com
    It has all the info you'll ever need, including where the movie is being shown, lists a bunch of places.

18. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Cowboy Bebop the movie is sooo awsome, the main bad guy, Vincent, can crush Spike's rib cage with his bare hand... even with a bullet through his hand!!!!!!!!! So, sheck it out, it is really awsome.

19. Red Tail

Red Tail New Member

i read april 4th, but i cant get to any of the select theaters so i guess ill wait for the dvd or not see it.

20. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

You should deffinatly see it, it is like... sooo awsome, deffinatly worth the money for the DVD.