hi dirk i'm a Big GoS fan too

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by redturbo, Nov 10, 2004.

1. redturbo

redturbo New Member

I just notice now that youre a big fan of GoD.Well im a big fan too!!!! :cool:

I only saw this version of Gatchaman but i loved every aspect of it.I can live with the backbeat background song and the opening theme is cool(way better than the BotP song in my opinion).
    One thing that i will never forget about GoS is the voice of Galactor(wich is also far better than Zoltar's). And the dubbing wasnt that bad and there were more scenes from Gatchaman on this show as you know.
    Too bad they didn't dub the entire show.

Ok, Dirk now you know you are not the only one here to love GoS.

cya.

Note: I noticed that you have a chan on IRC about G-force right? I saw it written on a post of yours.PM me with the server and well talk there.

1 person likes this.
  2. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Its great to know that there are some fans of GoS out there, with it being the "obscure" of the 2 US dubs. Now if only i were to get the Anime Network :confused: About the IRC channel, are you sure you worded your sentence right because i dont have an IRC channel on G-Force.........

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I'm happy Dirk finally has someone to play with now! :)

I will keep my opinion on the voices for the various incarnations of Berg Katse to myself. ;)

4. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

<Melek Taos nods in agreement>

5. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

LOL @ you guys. I personally think GoS' incarnation of Berg Katse, Galactor had one of the,if not the best voice actors in that series. Of course the voice was digitally enhanced (just like the reverb of the voices during transformation sequences) but the end results were excellent. In fact, i remember word for word the small speech he gave to a soon-to-be-dead commander at the end of episode 6 "The Micro-Robots" (or for BOTP heads, Big Robot Gold Grab):

"I am no longer your master, because tentative as of this moment you are no longer a member of my forces.How a military man of your calibur could be tricked in such a shocking,transparent way is beyond me. Servants of Galactor DO NOT fail. I have consulted Computor. You are to be destroyed along with your men, and at once.

The way he delivered this was sublime. It sounded so intimidating,while at the same time telling off the commander. Best voice clip ive heard of GoS yet.

6. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

The key, here, is the last three words. :)

Keye Luke did an outstanding job as Zoltar in Battle of the Planets. I appreciate the live, passionate acting involved. I just cannot get into the computer-enhanced stuff. That's probably why I have the opinion on the theme songs that I do.

7. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Hey, i respect you & everyone else's opinion just as much as you guys hopefully respect mine. It wouldn't be as much fun around here if we didnt take the oppurtunity to dissect each other's preferred series now would it? :) Thats one of the many reasons why i keep coming back here, no unnecessary, childish arguing or back-and-forth insults like in other message boards i've visited elsewhere. While GoS might be the minority here (anything besides BotP is, as this IS a BotP message board) im perfectly fine with that. Like devovamp once said in a thread of mine (man, she been gone a while. Nothing too surprising, as things are at a standstill as far as Gatchaman period go for the time being) I like all 3 incarnations of Gatchaman, except i like them for different reasons. Gatchaman: The original. 'Nuff said. Battle of The Planets: The Hoyt Curtin score and to see how much Gatchaman can be molded into something completely different, with mixed results. G-Force: The one that introduced me to it all. The nostalgia i share for it is unmatched by almost every other show from my childhood (which ive managed to watch again in some way). So there you go. This post wasnt necessary or provoked by anything at all, it just popped up in my head out of nowhere. Just like my rant on the G-Force backbeat a couple threads down :dizzy2:

Oh, and redturbo, here's a gift from one GoS fan to another (the rest of you guys already know whats in this link so it doesnt apply to you ;) :

http://www.afaddnetwork.com/afadd_music/wav_gforce2.wav

8. Meridian

Meridian New Member

My favourite G-Force voice actor was the woman who did the voices of Aggie and Peewee. Unfortunately I've forgotten her name....

But then, I love the Mallanox and Cybercon voice actor in Eagle Riders too :p

9. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

The name of the VA for Aggie & Peewee is Barbara Goodson, 1 of 2 reknowed VA's involved in G-Force (the other being Cam Clarke voicing yours truly ;) in what pretty much is consisted of a pool of amateur VA's who have never been heard from again. Same goes for the producers, Sparklin' Entertainment. I think its an understatement to say that information regarding GoS is VERY hard to come by. I sometimes get a good laugh wondering how much did GoS cost to make.

10. G-3

G-3 New Member

hello! just coming in to say hello to dirk and any other GoS fans too, thought i'm guessing there's not many from my look around on this forum,

i'm a huge fan of G-Force Guardians of Space! i actually like it more then i do Gatchaman, but don't get my wrong i do love Gatchaman too! but its just that GoS is what started it for me, i saw it on the cartoon network 10 years ago, and i think G-Force & Gatchaman are the best anime i have ever seen,

i can't watch battle of the planets, its too silly childish & cut up, plus everytime i see mark jump up in the Phoenix to give his orders or whatever, i always get the feeling he's about to break into the casey kasem top 40 play list, heh..!

but anyways, i wanted to ask dirk or maybe anybody else for some help, if they can, and or maybe i can help out other GoS fans,

i'm looking for some copies of the of G-Force Guardians of Space series, i used to have em all on tape , from the cartoon network, but since i moved house some years ago, i lost all but one, of my tapes, :( i have about 25-30 episodes, so if anybody here has 0 episodes i would be more then happy to make you a copy of what i have, but if anybody here has all the episodes could they please please please make me a copy!? and in return i shall make you your favorite member's shirt, you pick the number and size and i'll get to work, i've made myself the G-3 shirt (aggie/jun) and i made my older brother the "Ace/ken" shirt, i don't have a photo of it right now, but i promise you won't be disappointed :)

i would really like to see all the episodes of G-force again, it was a big part of my life, that i'd like to have back, as lame as that may sound , :p

thanks,

xo

oh p.s i'm not looking for any insults due to my like of GoS, over BOTP, so please don't start on me for that, my post was to ask & talk to other G-force fans, if thats ok, :)

11. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

OUCH!!! :eek:

Dirk, she's all yours... :D

12. G-3

G-3 New Member

heh..sorry about that, to each their own, right? ;)

13. Meridian

Meridian New Member

Welcome G-3 :D

I like G-Force. Although BOTP was my first love, I still like G-Force.

I have copies on tape, however they're not much use to you as they're all PAL not NTSC, and I don't currently have a way of copying them anyway.

Don't disrespect the BOTP though (grrrr) ;)

14. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Come to think of it, Sandy Friank arent known for Cartoons...

(Or anything other than repackaging other shows...)

I liked Gallactors voice too...(VAing the villain must be hard...and X even worse. Key Luke did a good job on both, I think)

15. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Wow, this thread got resurrected................

Anyways, welcome G-3! Good to have another G-Force fan in our midsts, but keep in mind that while there might be 2 different camps of fans on this board (with the GoS being the minority) we all still "live" together here in harmony, and respect each other.

G-3, I too am trying my damnest to acquire all of G-Force, with not much luck. Back in '95 I don't think recording all of G-Force in its handful of runs on Cartoon Network between '95-early '97 was a priority for many, and that's been the only widespread run of the show to date. And of course due to its obscurity and unpopularity GoS will never be released entirely on DVD. There's a total of 13 G-Force episodes on DVD currently, but not exactly in order. And it'll probably stay that way. I own "The Best of G-Force" compilation DVD which includes the 7 "best" episodes of G-Force, picked by this Jason Hofius guy. And the first episode from the Vol.1 BotP DVD.

The only hope for seeing all of G-Force again is:

1) If Turner (known owners of the GoS dub) decides to revitalize its fledgling "Boomeraction" franchise on CN's classic sister network Boomerang (former home of BotP, receiving its first TV run in over a decade) and bring G-Force to Boomerang, seeing as Boomerang is starting to cover the '90's era of cartoons now and for the most part, is a "Cartoon Network nostalgia" channel, seeing as it exclusively runs properties owned by Turner/Time Warner. (With very few exceptions)

2) If Anime Network (current holders of the airing rights to G-Force, who aired it for a short time last summer) decides to do something useful with G-Force and give it a full run, but like Boomerang this channel hasn't exactly made inroads around the country to everyone (WAY less than Boomerang) and the fate of the channel isn't looking too good nowadays.

3) The best solution: We gather the handful of GoS fans from around the world, headed by me, and forcefully break into Turner's vaults and "save" G-Force's original prints from captivity! Who's with me?

*crickets chirp*

Anyways, that's how it is pretty much as far as getting G-Force nowadays. But I won't give up in looking for it, and neither should you.

Hey Mark, would you like some ice for that BURN!!!! Haha, just kidding! :cool:

16. G-3

G-3 New Member

Meridian, your avatar is great! :D

i don't mean to disrespect battle of the planets, but just as BOTP were for you, G-force was my first love! :)

i was about 12 years old, the very first time i saw G-force on the cartoon network, it was "The Strange White Shadow/ The Giant Mummy That Summons Storms" and i didn't like it, so i didn't watch it again for a few months, but my older brother and sister became big fans that day, but i too would soon be in front of the tv, everyday at 5:00pm, and late at night at 1:00am watching with them, it was great! :D

i have no problem with the voice acting, as a matter of fact, i loved the voice acting, i thought Ace & Dirks voice's went really well with their characters,

but i'll do my best to not disrespect BOTP, and i hope all you BOTP fans will do the same for me,

i'll just refer battle of the planets to "those we don't speak of" *L* :)

17. G-3

G-3 New Member

thanks dirk, i'll still keep my look out, like i said if you want a copy of what i have left on tape i can make it for you, but let me know what you already have, and i'll look it over, how long have you been looking for the G-force series anyways? i found somebody who said she had the whole series and would make me a copy, but i haven't heard back from her in 3 weeks, so i dunno whats going on there,

solution #3 sounds real good to me, count me in!

18. Meridian

Meridian New Member

I think that due to some contractual sneakiness, that Sandy Frank owns the rights to G-Force now, not Turner. That's only a different vault to break into though...

19. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Ah, I forgot to cover that one. Even in the G-Force credits from back in 1986 you can see the copyrightor listed as "Sandy Frank Entertainment". Only a slight mention of Turner (some representative who's probably dead/retired) in the credits. Distributor appears to be King Features. (So i wonder if they hold some rights as well). And on "The Best of G-Force" DVD that I own the copyrightor of the episode content is also listed as Sandy Frank, so you may be right Meridian.

If Sandy Frank does indeed own G-Force then I guess we may have to kiss it goodbye considering its not really a priority for them and will always be in the shadow of their own creation, BotP. They're bound to probably burn the prints. Gah, there's so much conflicting information concerning the creation & ownership of G-Force that its driving me nuts! Would anyone care to e-mail Sandy Frank and ask a couple of questions about G-Force regarding ownership? If there's one person who I'm dying to meet in real life now, it has to be Fred Ladd, G-Force's "daddy". That is if he's still alive and non-senile. :(

G-3, I would appreciate a copy of any G-Force eps you have (do they have any Cartoon Network bumpers/commercials in them? I'm as much of a fan of circa 1992-1996 Cartoon Network as I am of G-Force.) but the thing is I do not own a VCR and won't be buying one anytime soon, not in 2005. I just got my first home video player (a DVD player) in almost 10 years this past summer! If you can find a way to convert those tapes to a blank VCD/DVD I would REALLY appreciate it. But i doubt most people have the technology to do so nowadays (which is understandable) so its alright if you don't.

20. gatch72

gatch72 New Member

which series do u have on PAL tape..if you are wanting them converted to dvd, i know of someone that may help you. if its botp, u can get the region 2 set pretty cheap now. and region free dvd players are easy to find.