Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by That guy!, Nov 2, 2001.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Here are a bunch of moves of Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu that I have found around. I'll be sure to cite where I got them from.

Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu: Flying Dragon's Honorable Sword Flow
    The main discipline of Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu; is basically a speed that goes beyond normal limits and is almost impossible to defend against.

Battou Jutsu: Sword Cutter Skill or Sword-draw Art
    By using the lack of speed from his Sakaba sword, Kenshin lets his opponent dodge his Battou-Jutsu, then strikes them with the sheathe of his sword as the opponent tries to attack.

Ryuu Tsui Sen: Dragon Mallot Flash
    The user jumps high above the target, then smashes down on them with their sword, and all the weight from the fall
    Ryuu Sho Sen: Dragon Rising Flash

When an attacker is falling downwards towards the user, they hold their sword in front of them, and drive it into the attacker's throat, using their own upwards force against the attacker's downward force.

Ryuu Tsui Sho Sen (combo move): Dragon Mallot Rising Flash
    A combination of the Ryu Tsui Sen and Ryu Sho Sen; the user jumps up into the air, slams his sword on a body part of his opponent, then concludes the attack by pushing his sword upwards at the neck of his opponent, if he is still standing after the Ryu Tsui Sen part.

Dou Ryuu Sen: Ground Dragon Flash
    The user slashes beneath the opponent, and uses the updraft created to throw the opponent into the air, helpless. Also assaults them with rocks and dirt from ground.

Sou Ryuu Sen: Twin Dragon Flash
    The user uses Battou Jutsu and when/if his sword is blocked, he uses his sheath to get in a hit.

Ryuu Sou Sen: Dragon Double Flash
    Attacks the nine vital points on the opponent with lightning speed and redundancy, never giving the opponent a chance to recover. Good against opponents with lots of stamina.

Ryuu Kan Sen: Dragon Wind Up Flash
    When the opponent is left open, the user swings his sword back, if positioned on the side, hitting the back of his opponent's neck. Ryu Kan Sen is not much of an attack, it is more of a counter.

Ryuu Kan Sen Kogarashi: Dragon Wind Up Flash Tree Blast
    Basically, a more powerful version of the Ryu Kan Sen.

Ryuu Kan Sen Tsumuji: Dragon Wind Up Flash Hair-spin
    The user maxes out the "God-Speed", and then curves his body to dodge the attackers weapon, before striking with a Battou-Jutsu in the opponent's lower body.

Sou Ryuu Sen Ikazuchi: Twin Dragon Flash Lightning
    The user attacks first with his sheath and when/if it is blocked, he draws his sword to get in a hit.

Hi Ryu Sen: Flying Dragon Flash
    The user draws his sword with his left hand, sending the hilt of it flying toward its target like an arrow.

Ryuu Kan Sen Arashi: Dragon Wind Up Flash Storm
    The user curls up into a ball and rolls forward, attacking with his sword extended.

Kuzu Ryuu Sen: 9 Headed Dragon Flash
    By using the ultimate God-Speed, the user attacks all nine vital points (head, both shoulders, both sides of waist, both sides and groin) at almost the exact same time, making the attack almost impossible to dodge or defend. A prelude to the Succession Technique.

Ama Kakeru Ryuu No Hirameki: Heaven's Soaring Dragon Flash
    Basically a super-fast version of a Battou-Jutsu, this move strikes too quickly for the human eye to see. It is the only attack capable of counter-acting a Kuzu Ryu Sen, and is the succession technique of the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu.

Translations of name from http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Temple/2572/sword.html.
    Explanations are from:
    http://www.thespectrum.net/hitokiri/techniquelist.shtml
    and
    http://www.animewar.com/kenshin/techniques.shtml

What's your favourite move of Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu? I'd have to say mine is Kuzu Ryuu Sen, because that thing is probably really hard to dodge.

[This message has been edited by That guy! (edited 11-02-2001).]

2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

These are bunch of a lot of moves, how can he remember them all !!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    Zanza

<<**zzzzzzz**>>

.:ORORORORORORORORORORORORORORORORORO:.

P.S. I am crazy :p !!

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I don't think that's even all of them. There're still all of the Battou Jutsu moves and so on.

But I guess Hiko probably beat Kenshin up until he memorized all of those moves. Also Kenshin stated in the OVA, " Hitokiri needs no Education". I'm guessing that this means that all he knows are sword techniques. But even more Kenshin knows all of the moves that his opponents use, and he can read when they are going to use them through their emotions(except Soujiro of course). To put it in other words, Kenshin is a true master swordsman.

4. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

From a master of Bushido (the Way of the Sword, for those of you not up-to-date on your samurai terminology), would you expect any less? As the Hitokiri Battousai (did I spell that right?), Kenshin lived by the sword, did he not? So, he should know plenty about the path he takes.

------------------
    KICKSTART MY HEART!

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

WHEEEE POST RESURRECTION!

actually Bushido is the way of the warrior, KENDO is the way of the sword xD

6. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

Just because I want to, I'm just going to answer That guy!'s question....

Amakakeru Ryu No Hirameki! ^_^

And a lot of others, maybe all of them :D

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

hrm this list is kinda wrong XD i have a better techniques guide written up somewhere...

hrm the Amakakeru Ryu No Hirameki actually is a Nidan Battou Jutsu. The first cut is done with the intention of not actually striking the opponent, Its intention is to split the air and create a void in which the opponent gets sucked towards the void and then the user pivots on his left foot into another strike which is much more powerful using centrifigul force to aid in the strike.

This sounds pretty damn impossible but as an interesting note, in theory this could work, not on the level shown but if youve ever watched a high powered rifle bullet being fired, from a sniper rifle, if you watch the bullet it splits the air as it moves because of the extremely high rate of speed. So in theory, if you were able to swing your sword with the speed of a magnum sniper rifle, read: IMPOSSIBLE, then you could concievably use this technique. However that is completely in theory and you talking about a HUGE amount of force and speed required which is impossible by human beings. Not to say Human beings cant put in huge amounts of force, a high level black belt in karatedo can kick with as much force per square foot as what happens in a car accident. THAT is pretty damn impressive.

8. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

You are right there Gensai, it is quite impresive to wath the Karate masters kick. I have a video of Karate masters from Okinawa and all I can say is.......WOWEE.

My favourite move...ummmmmmm the one he used to beat Shishio, I beileve its the one Gensai described above. IDK