How did you get interested in Initial D?

Discussion in 'Initial D' started by Ciel, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

For my University club's anime lineup, we would have a show that had various first episodes and members would get to vote on what they wanted to see. One of my friends took an Initial D episode, but he decided to show episode 14 instead of episode 1. This was in 1999.

I'll have to admit I didn't like it very much. It was about cars, he jumped in on the story and showed 14, which I thought was a bad decision. I mean, it is a very cool episode, but Initial D is a show which builds up from the first episode. I thought, a show about cars? with weird animation? no.

Then a friend of my brother's had some episodes on cd. I watched episode 1.. and you could say I didn't stop until I watched 1-14 on those cds. But then, I went nuts trying to get the rest, which I did! ^____^

Then later I watched Second Stage when I could, movies, ova, etc.. now Fourth Stage, which just rocks.

I've started watching First Stage again and I've found that there's so much to talk about!

Anyways, hope you all share ^__^ and if you haven't seen Initial D, you are missing out on a great animation and music experience.

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I remember at first I didn't want to watch Initial D because I heard that it wasn't the greatest anime from some people. But, then a friend of mine (TamaKameKami, some of you may know him), got me to watch it and my eyes were glued to the screen. Every episode is a cliff hanger that makes you want to see the next one right after, I must have watched it all in a day.

The music is another thing that got me hooked on Initial D. Even now, I still listen to the funky Eurobeat from the series.

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

How I got started? Wow...

I'm a car nut, and a lot of my friends are car nuts too. One day, my friends just borrowed something called "Initial D". At first, I wasn't interested because the animation was crap, and the subs were crappy (it WAS HK after all....).

Slowly, it started to peak my interest because of the racing. Shortly after Stage 3 came out, my friends borrowed that for one anime night, while I borrowed...Photon: The Idiot Adventures.

Well, I well and truly got hooked after seeing the 86 v. Evo III fight. Then...I still wasn't happy with the story, so I just watched Battle Stage.

Then Stage 4 came out, and in between the months the episodes came out...I realized that I should watch the rest of it. So I did.

4. geishaboy

geishaboy New Member

A mate of mine is really into Initial D, he got me into it. He ONLY likes the series becouse Takumi drives a toyota and he belongs to a toyota club.

5. Fujimiya Aya

Fujimiya Aya New Member

I'm not really a big ID fan, but I started watching it because my cousin got into the manga big time. He'd have me read each of the manga, and when the DVDs came out it was no different. I really like the music, and the story does get good as it goes on ^^

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

im a HUGE car nut, and ive owned 9 in the past... 4 years, including 2 FD and 2 FC and a couple Subies