Creative Writing How much empathy do you feel for your characters?

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by luvweaver, May 31, 2002.

1. Solid_dragoon

Solid_dragoon New Member

When my brother writes he feels what the character feels eg,when he/her gets stabbed in the back (literally),but I write like a fool.:dizzy2:

Jace:He's typing complete bull:eek:!

Drake:Shaddup and let him finish:mad: .

2. Musashi

Musashi New Member

Empathy is a tough thing to feel for the characters that you write about, but when you do you can understand their feelings and able to enhance the plot following that....I guess that it is positive that I also feel extreme empathy for my characters...

3. Kenster

Kenster Guest

Yeah

Yeah...
    Yeah i feel all those things about them, mostly cus its me writing about them, i imagne i'm them then when someone else talks i imane what they'd say if i was that person, but then i have to be a differant personallity though, that qiet hard hehehe.

4. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Wow..I never used to visit this forum, but happned that I was cheaking the "New Posts", and I have one thing to say:
    :D LOL!!

Nah not really.. I don't write much..actually it was twice and both of the are not even finished half way!! o_O
    But they are writing from a story that I imagined myself in the anime..I mean what part I would do in the story..but I gave up..it started to bore me and I don't have enough time to think and finish it..but to answer your question..yes, I - sometimes - feel what the character feels too, but not as much as I do in the story!!:D

Yeah, it was kinda stupid.. :p

YouRs,
    Zanza..[is really annoying!!] :catgirl:

5. Mika-chan

Mika-chan New Member

Hmm.... I say Complete Empathy. I feel what they feel no matter what the emotion is....^^

Attached Files:

6. Musashi

Musashi New Member

Hey, well I (sorry if my typing is off, I am on one of my schools comps, and it sux) Anyway!! I believe that the only way to write a superior story or fanfic is to feel empathy for your characters, becaus if u dont they will end up like Heero....lol :p

7. OverMaster

OverMaster New Member

Well,I've felt empathy even for The Joker when writing Batman fics,so make your own conclusions.

8. Dolly-Chan

Dolly-Chan New Member

I always feel empathy for my characters, especially because I put them through hell. ;)

When I finish a story and read it, I end up crying at sad parts and I'm always asking myself how I could make such things happen to poor innocent people...

9. Musashi

Musashi New Member

Well....that is empathy to the extreme, but that is also a sign that you gotta lay off on your characters, and let them grow up and not be insane.....anywayz.....:dizzy2: