Manga Hunter x Hunter

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Basher, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

For those who don't know Hunter x Hunter is a great manga.

The manga does continue from the anime and OVA. The new story arc is called Chimera Ant Story Arc.

Storyline
    Many people in the world aspire to be hunters, for either the fame, wealth or special privileges. However, it is said that only one in hundreds of thousands can pass the test to be a qualified hunter. Gon’s journey to become such a hunter, and to find his father, who is acknowledged as the greatest hunter in the world, begins. Along the way, he befriends Killua, a member of a renowned assassin family, Kurapica, who is determined to become a Blacklist Hunter to capture the criminals responsible for his tribe’s deaths, and Lerio, who aspires to be a doctor.

The series is licensed by Viz with 18 (out in Jan of 2008) about 23 in japan.

The series has been on Hiatus due to the mangaka Yoshihiro Togashi being ill.

Yoshihiro Togashi is also the creator behind Yu Yu Hakusho.

I have recieved word that it will start back up in October. After a year long Hitaus.

Which is great news and this is why I am posting it.

It left off with chapter 248. Plenty of time to check it out.

2. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I'm an avid fan of HxH! I too am still waiting for the manga to go on! :)

First comes rock...

Jan.... KEN... :D

3. Basher

<3 I remember that.

I must say though if it doesn't start then I am done with Hunter x Hunter. Waiting over year is bad enough. Who knows if there is going to be translation after all this time.

I know he got sick really badily but the series is to good to let it go for so long. Fans will lose interest. Then no translations.

I really wanted the Chimera Arc to end to. It was getting really good.

4. luvweaver

I found some scanlations on a torrent site. But I think they were spanish, can't remember well :p. I got tired of them and deleted them :eek: yes, I know, I'm a baka baka baka baka. So if you find them I can retranslate them to english for you - but only the text, I'm not patient enough for graphics work.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I can't wait to see Gon training again to gain these amazing emission powers. Let's hope for the best! :)

5. Basher

Are you looking for a site with translations? I know something.

I can't wait to see it continue also. Gon has barely started to touch on his training.

Decided to check out the last chapter again. The final battle. Of course Killu has a new skill.

6. luvweaver

However there's something that bothers me in the manga: As Gon becomes more powerful, his enemies become more powerful, too! Frankly I find all this chimera arc hard to believe (even in a fantasy world like HxH), and it kinda ruins it for me. Specially all that "conquer the world" crap, I got tired of those after Saint Seiya and DBZ. Bleh.

I liked it much more at the beginning of the series where Gon had to rely on his wit,charisma and courage to conquer the obstacles (like Hiro does in the Heroes TV series). There was much more adventure and challenges.

For the chimera ant arc, I would have preferred more challenges where, yes, Gon met powerful enemies, but not as powerful as to conquer the world, but powerful as in "MAYBE you can beat me, but if not, I'll do this evil which will affect your or your friends!"

Let's just hope this doesn't become another DBZ.

7. Basher

For sure.

Although I have not been bugged about the Chimera Ant arc. I guess I thought that there were undiscovered creatures inside the world of Hunter x Hunter. Conquoring the world isn't to strange of a dream for somethings.

I hate where it is left off. "Let the battle begin"

Then wait for over a year. :(