"I am a Christian I don't fight over things like that"

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Basher, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I never laughed so hard in my life.

Someone said..."I am a Christian I don't fight over things like that"...to me. To Basher.

Isn't Christianity built on fighting over religious belief? Not to mention they prosecuted witches. Which to me is rather harsh.

Then she had the audacity to say I was rude. I am a lot more then that. And I am proud of it.

This all started over a dryer dispute. She then stopped my dryer. I said she was rude because she allowed her clothes to sit for 2 hours with an apartment building.

Will I do anything else?

Nope. Her poor beliefs and me laughing at her was more then enough. Plus it doesn't matter to me anymore.

Unless she wants to start something. Dealing with a terror like me would be far to much for her to handle. I on the other hand don't care if I do anything or not.

College is boring. People at UND are rather dumb. I am hoping our society isn't going to come with this generation into power. Honestly I so wanted to tell someone "if I asked for your opinion I would give it for you." I have never wanted to act in an unkempt matter like this before. Plus they are so easily to manipulate.

There are some at more of my level which I have to admit. But when people can't clearly think pass their actions then we are all doomed. People can't see pass A when there is clearly a B. This is college. I thought it would be much more intellectual then high school.

I have much more deep thought by myself. Probably why I don't go insane when I do nothing. My friend thinks I should have. She does. I find the concept rather unpractical. There is far better uses for my intellect then that.

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

You should have thanked her

You should have thanked her for the crusades, the inquisition, the dark ages, the ruthless persecution of free speech, free will, free thinking, and a rich history of hypocrisies, lies, deception and political manipulation.

Or maybe you should have asked her what DOES she fight over.

~W

3. Basher

So true

Good points.

She stopped my washier so my clothes were wet. I did laugh at her. It wasn't a big deal my friend took my clothes out of the dryer.

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I can't say I agree with the

I can't say I agree with the basis of your argument against her, as a matter of fact I find it offensive. I could go for hours with defenses against the "in the past Christians did this, therefore Christians are bad", but you could go to youtube and find them all there.

However, I also don't agree with how that girl defended her actions which were clearly Un-Christian by saying "I'm a Christian, I don't fight over things like that".

5. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Swatting at the Hornet's Nest with a stick. :)

Using your religion as a crutch for moral superiority?

And yes- Christianity is one of the worst offenders of 'crimes against humanity'. It's cold truth. This isn't the case anymore, their actions today are independent of their past, but you still can't exuse such a sordid history. The only way one can find a leg to stand on in that argument is if they use the word of god and the word of the pope as an excuse to travel across the world and kill a bunch of brown people, which legitimizes blind faith and simply following the "holy" man without thinking.

~W

6. Basher

We probably both could. :D

We probably both could. :D Learning mistakes from the past, reason why Christianity is spreed so far, and etc.

If I did something wrong I am the type of person to admit to it. Or if isn't bad cover it up or change it. :D

College got better. Just the freshmen year.

7. Basher

Isn't there still those who

Isn't there still those who think that way left?