Food I bet you'll never eat at another fast-food restaurant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I read this article in the newpaper today, and thought it was pretty interesting (and a little gross :p)

I guess I'm lucky, because 90% of the time I don't get ice in my drinks. :p

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

*pukes*

Ohh....did we HAVE to mention it's in florida?:p

Meh, I'll most likely forget this anyways. I hardly eat at a fast food anymore...

-Seishin

3. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

thats just repulsive..

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Right, and the burgers meat are made from HUMAN FLESH ZOMG!

- Teddz

5. Reisti Skalchaste

No, they're too cheap for that. I hear cardboard is popular, but prices on that have been going up lately too... :p

Anyway it's simple, no? Just ask for a drink with no dirty, dirty ice and hope the rest of the food is cleaner :p

6. Orion

Orion Gears

I will never eat McDonalds, again.

*Pukes over bridge railing with Seishin*

Anywho, that's just repulsive like Blue said. How can toilet water be cleaner than your frikin' ice?! I think someone should get sued for that... :anger2:

Of course, and yet we still eat it. :p

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

and mythbusters found out their toilet seat was cleaner than anywhere else ...

maybe the cups were contaminated.. but then again.. it's Florida, and she did flush the toilet once..

I hate pop now anyways.. prefer no ice too..

8. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

*Comes over to Shijin and Sheishin with a coke*
    "Here you go guys. I remembered to get you extra ice."
    *Sheishin pukes again*
    me: "..."
    Yah. It kinda changes my mind about getting ice in my drinks.

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I like being able to pour my own drink from the machine and deciding whether I want ice or not, most of the time I would forget to say 'no ice' on the rare occasion I get one, and most times it's full of ice.

10. Reisti Skalchaste

My guess is because their pop machines don't get the harsh chemicals that the toilets do. I mean, obviously you wouldn't want to be drinking from a machine that's had Lysol or something poured into it. :p

In any case, it's obviously not enough bacteria to make people ill, but it's still quite disgusting, and I can say that at least we do better at my job, because we don't have fountain drinks, and we (we being the better employees :p) are meticulous in our cleaning. I for one always make sure to spray sanitizer solution on everything before I leave.

11. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Already knew that. If you think that's bad, I'd hate what you'd think of numerous other things that happen without you knowing it. Like how many bugs and spiders you eat inadvertently through your life. But no, that doesn't deter me from fast food.

12. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Bacteria, shamckteria. Our mouths have more kinds of bacteria in them than the bottom of a trash can. My question is What kind of bacteria?

$10 says even though the flusher has less bacteria, the ones they have are the really nasty kind. If you've ever had 'fecal to oral' in your entire life then you know what I'm talking about.

[crunches down on ice] I've never gotten sick off of resturant ice before. 'Doesn't bother me any.

[the wert steals shijin's and rag's drinks] More for me :3

~W

13. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Oh god...Ill never eat McDonalds again...

*ten minutes later*

All this talk about science makes me hungry...who wants to go to McDonalds?

AAnywaays...we've all been using their ice....does it matter now? Its like having your burger made out of rat meat...or cockroach meats of evil...if its the best burger i ever tasted, dont tell me what it is.
    I could be eating the most morbidly prepared meal and think its delicious.

What you dont know, will not hurt you...unless the meat's infectious....

- Kaiyon

PS: hopefully, i havent ruined anyone's lunch or dinner..

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Oh, I know, though I've never had that before. :p

It's impossible to protect yourself from all bacteria, the key is to protect yourself from harmful bacteria. I can pretty much guarantee it'd be smarter to eat a restaurant ice cube than it would be to say, lick a toilet. :D

It's still pretty gross, and it does make you wonder about the quality of the rest of their products, not to mention the water in the area.

15. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Underway we're fed meat that's been rejected by the Washington State Penal system. Convics eat better than we do. At this point it takes alot to make me sick, no matter what it is.

~W

16. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

school lunch trays are the same way .. *pukes* i did the same science fair project in 7th grade. absolutely disgusting. ewww.......

17. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

I don't trust twelve year old girls as a source... I'll wait until some one with reliable equipment comes along. I dunno.... I mean sure she might have collected the toilet water correctly, but what about the ice? How did she know it wasn't say the cups, that had all the bacteria on them? I am impressed though. She gets an A in my book for knowing just the sort of thing that would win her the most attention. People feed on the fast food rumors as much they do the food. Have you ever noticed how many rumors there are out there? I mean saying there are bugs in the food at every McDonalds is unreasonable.... if that were so, then they would be squashed by the health department like those proverbial bugs... how ever I think the saying "one bad apple spoils the bunch" could apply here. I have been to some pretty lousy resturaunts, and some pretty good ones, of the same chain in the sam city (where I live). Big deal that there are more bacteria in the ice... you didn't hear of the girl drinking that toilet water afterwards did ya?

Eh as to the meat.... I'd worry more about cafateria stuff.... at my middle school I actually found live bugs in something.... I thought they were crumbs... until I saw them moving. Turned over some one else's "mini pie" and cracked the crust.... they were in it as well. Oh well got my protien for the day.

Edit: you think that's scary... check out the water fountains...
    Eh there are worse things to worry about, last time I checked you got the flu from people, not from ice cubes or water fountains. Besides we should be happy that our water is so clean... Oh and one more thing... if the toilet water was clean then all of the water was originally of that quaility or better.... it's the things that dispense it.

18. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

That's just SIIIIICK! :p

what ever, I'm not getting ice on my drinks next time :cool:

19. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

LOL...
    that's nothing...

you know the fryers?

they add a chemical called Magnasolve, it's used to clear the oil from Flour and other bits and pieces of residue, to extend the life out of it...

you know that beautful and fake orangy color of fried chicken? instead of a natural yellowy deep fried color? oh yea... it's that
    funny thing is... it's a dust... a roach fell into it, and instantly got petryfied in it...
    A ROACH, a freaking animal that survives an ATOMIC BOMB...

I could go on and on...

Like the meat that someone mentioned here... it's a 70%/30% mix, of not cardbox, but vegetable scraps grounded up nicely into a paste like substance with some enzyme, HEY! now you know why those patties never break up!

I only eat now in Restaurants and in fast food where I see when they shape up the pattie from a wieghted mount of RED COLOURED meat, like in flamers.

but I just do them darned burgers in my house now, 50/50 mix of pork loin ground and beef with some fats bits in it, add an egg, your favorite herbs NO LIQUIDS, form into 4" disc, about... 1" thick

and enjoy the best burgers ever, ou can glaze them when they are almost done, like 5~10 minutes before taking them out

20. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

LOOOoooL *doesn't like soft drinks, especially coke* and ...I never add ice to my drinks, icetea I buy is already in a can and refrigerated. Fast food tastes great tho XD