Movies I just saw Episode II!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kuroi Kenshin, May 16, 2002.

1. Kuroi Kenshin

Kuroi Kenshin New Member

I went along to my local cinema in the hope of getting a ticket for a screening of Star Wars some time in the next couple of days. Expecting it to be sold out, I got there just before the very first showing and asked when I might get a ticket for the earliest available screening and to my surprise I was told I would be able to get into the first screening..Yaaayyyyy.
    And after seeing it all I can say is thank god. It was bloody brilliant. I didn't think Episode I was that bad but it wasn't a patch on the originals, Episode II is almost as good, which is definitely nice. I don't know what it is about Star Wars but every time that music starts I get all giddy. There have only ever been two things that have made me feel like that, the opening of Final Fantasy 8 and Star Wars but Star Wars does it to me every time. If you weren't certain about seeing this(I'm sure there aren't many of you) go see it as soon as you can. I don't want to give any details away about the movie but I will say this.

This may be a potential spoiler to some though I saw this coming after a comment that Obi Wan makes early in the film, on the other hand you might want to see it more for the knowing of this.

Potential Spoiler Alert!

During the film Yoda kicks ***. Force powers and Light Sabre battles ahoy! Amazing for such a little fella how he can swing a light sabre as he does.

Anyway the best recommendation I can give this film is that at the beginning everybody cheered and they cheered even louder at the end. Even me and I don't normally(ever) do that kind of thing. I'm very reserved ya know. Go see it now!

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Thats my favourite part!!! the whole audience applauded when Yoda, well did something we always WANTED HIM TO DO! AND HE ROCKED!!! thats the only time I applauded and went 'woo hoo!' I guess I'm more reserved then you Nick ;) I9 enjoyed it more then Episode I too. T
    heres a couple really funny lines in the movie too.. and THE ACTION NEVER STOPPED AFTER OBI-WAN JUMPED OUT THE WINDOW!!! to understand what I am talking aboot, you gotta watch it!

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Meh...could've been better.

Before I begin, don't get me wrong - Episode II was not a bad movie...It was fairly good.

However, about half the film seemed to work against itself. Here we have two completely different stories working at the same time (Anakin/Amidala and Obi/Clones), and flipping back and forth from them becomes tiring real quick. Until the two groups meet up about halfway through the movie, things are very disjointed.

The characters are still not as vibrant as the old three. Even given that Obi, Ani, Yoda and Amidala get plenty of screen (as well as the antics of 3P0 LOL!), I really didn't feel all too much excitement when the Dooku battle scene arrived. Additionally, as cool as Jango Fett was...his appearance was not fully explained.

The actors surprised me. Not a bad performance anywhere...not even Anakin as I predicted. The action sequences were amazing. And finally, the details, especially the city of Coruscant were great.

In the end, I can't wait for the final Star Wars installment, nor to own this chapter...but I still think it's the weakest Star Wars movie to date...

4. Chibi Meg

Chibi Meg New Member

I'm seeing it on Moday when I go to Rob's ^_^ I'll be sure to regester my opponion after that lol but I thought it looked quite good from the trailors.
    Ok and BakaMattSu niiiice Avatar ^_^

5. Kuroi Kenshin

Kuroi Kenshin New Member

Well how could the characters be as good as in the original trilogy but episode one and now two are more about back story and development than characters. All of the charaters here are undeveloped, they are the chracters you know as they are before you see them in the first three movies. Geaorge Lucas said himself that while the first film was not all it might be, it was very necessary for laying the groundwork. All of this is just a build up to episodes (3)4-6. And as a build up Episode two is excellent it answers alot of questions about how the characters became the charaters you know and, probably, love.
    The pacing may have been a bit uneven in the second quarter of the movie cutting between Obi Wan and Anakin/Amidala but it wasn't that bad and really within the context of the film couln't have been done any other way. And on the subject of performances the guy who played Anakin didn't stink as half as much as I though he would and Ewans accent didn't sound as twatty as it did in the first film. The best performances definitely went to the CG characters their accents and mannerism were all perfect although Samuel L Jackson even when playing a total spoon is still cool.

But hold on are you saying that Episode II is the weakest Star Wars movie to date? If you have seen Episode I you can hardly say that episode II is a superior movie to Ep II, can you?
    Anyway I'm looking forward to Episode III as well. I certainly expect it to be as good as the original trilogy. The groundwork has been set there is no need to introduce anything more so we will probably get a movie with the same style and pacing as the originals. Just straight into the middle of an epic war . heehee... I can't wait.

6. Dark Kaneda

Dark Kaneda New Member

yoda kicks butt........THE LITTLE GUY ROCKS!!!!clones are good 2!

7. Dark Kaneda

Dark Kaneda New Member

oh and c3po & r2d2 scenes are dead dead funny

*spoiler*

bit with the c3p0 head on the battle droids bdy is hysterical

ps.yoda still kicks butt

8. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

*spoiler alert*

Well...........................THE MOVIE WAS AWESOME!!!!!
    I thought that the introduction was great on Coruscant when Amidala and (grrrr, Jar Jar) went to Coruscant and Annakin met up with them. And then Amidala went to sleep and she almost got killed by centipede things but then Annakin went in and destroyed the things with his lightsaber. Then Obi Wan looked out the window to see a droid outside and he jumped out from the probably 1000 story building and flew around on the droid. And then the chase started as Annakin chased after Zam the Assassin. Well that's just one of the awesome parts of the movie, but the whole thing was action packed and excellent. And at the end of it I was yelling "YAAAAAAAA!!!!" when Yoda drew his lightsaber and went around at like Kenshin with a lightsaber and fought against Count Dooku. I liked how the movie tied in with the older Trilogy as well (especially with the Death Star plans at the end).

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

oh my Rob.. you are soo so subtle! lol. it took a friend the second time they showed the DS plans for him to realize what it was. I really liked the quick illusive plan on the wall, but noooo, they had to make it more obvious by placing it in Dooku's hands for everyone to see...

10. Dark Kaneda

Dark Kaneda New Member

yea that was a let down but c3po scenes were funny.....dont ya think?

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Yes, I agree that C-3PO contributed really good comic relief, just as he always has. :)

What I meant to say before was that the Episode II story was weaker than the rest....yes, even Episode I. It was like a flashy magazine ad where you can't tell what product they were trying to sell you. Very mixed.

12. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Maybe you guys cheered when Yoda fight Agains Dooku with the lightsaber but I laughed so hard. He or it is an old guy that walks with a cane but he still fight and does these moves like he is in his 20's

!!!!

13. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

pah!! episode one was the weakest one...ep2 on the other hand i must say was excellent im not a major sw nut but i loved this one everything was AMAZING!!!! i loved the whole love story mixed with the action you expect in SW it was soooo awesome! sigh im a sucker for a good love story and i was sighing through out lol plus everything was great too gee i just loved it thats all i can say

14. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I just saw it too!!!!

I thought it was really good. I thought the first half was a bit slow, too much lovey dovey crap between Anakin and Amidala(which I don't mind if it's placed right). But the second half ruled totaly. Jango Fett was cool. Dooku was cool. Yoda was cool. The bit where all the Jedis were fighting was brilliant. It did have a lot of superb action sequences.
    Ep. 1 was a bit weak, largely thanks to Jar-Jar and Anakin. I still think it's okay though, but then again, I am a complete star wars nut.

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Huh? Not too rashly judge or anything, but does it seem to anyone else that Lucas must have no love experience? The love portion was the worst put-together of the entire thing! IT was soo static seeming and juvenile...

The action was good...and Yoda had me laughing as well...I knew he fought, but I wasn't ready for his "agile" self...

Like I said, I didn't dislike it...rather I just felt the story hadn't been fully ironed out before it was made into a movie...

16. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

well the whole concept of the love thing was nice i thought... it was kinda umm i dunno bad in the movie...hey can i help it if i exaggerate a bit??