if the animaters from walt disneysaw battle of the planets would the be able to fix

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Jun 9, 2003.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

Hey Battle of the Planets fans. You know, I have been wondering what will Rhino do to digitially-restored the series in the box set, but I truly understand that the film itself is very old. I was just wonerding, something that Sandy Frank Entertainment can look in to for the future. If i were them, I would show a comapny like Walt Disney, who are one of the greatest icons of animation, to take a look at the old tapes and kind of fix them up. Hey, I saw what they have done with their classics animation features and their drawings are good. I noticed that the animaters who work at Walt Disney can bring things to life. I honestly believe that if the animators who work at Walt Disney would see Battle of the Planets and how old the tapes are, with the technology that they have now, they could make Battle of the Planets look like a fresh, brand new cartoon show. That is only a suggestion because I have seen them do great animation with The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, and Snow White. What do you all think about the animators and Walt Disney fixing up Battle of the Planets? Eagle Claw out.

2. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

This will never happen. Think about it. The amount of money to restore the Battle of the Planets 16mm film to the quality you're talking about, if even possible, would cost an astronomical amount of money. A company like Walt Disney wouldn't even think about doing this unless they would bring in a large profit, and restoring Battle of the Planets would not do that.

Besides, I'm pretty happy with what Sandy Frank has done with the film. I don't think there's any reason to complain about what we have. We should consider ourselves lucky we have what we have already. The fact Rhino is going to release even more episodes is a blessing. Let's just appreciate what Sandy Frank is doing.

Mark

3. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I have to agree with Mark on this one. Also, Disney very seldon likes to promote outright violence. And I think we can all agree, BofP is very violent at times.

And the cult following for BofP is strong enough to move the Giants of Animation. They have their own problems right now with dealing with Pixsar.

Vic