If the series continued??

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by *Fabee*, Aug 10, 2001.

1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

If the series continued..who do u think will be the main character??
    Kenshin, Koaru,
    Yahiko, Sano, Yahiko,
    Misao, Aoshi.

I believe that it would be Yahiko (but in his teens)...... [​IMG] i always smile at that thought [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Phat (edited 08-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Phat (edited 08-10-2001).]

2. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Interesting thought... I'll be honest that I'm a little more interested in speculation about the new OAV. I wonder what it's going to cover... if it's going to be like the 'final page of the manga' that I saw a year back on the internet somewhere (a supposed 'final page' to the series that was 5 years after the end of the series) anyhow, I hope it's as cool as the first OAVs!

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Hmmm, it'd most likely be about Yahiko in his teens. He'd probably find a girl to marry too. Then she'll probly die and he'll go around and kill everyone and be as ruthless as Kenshin was........that'd be a great fanfic [​IMG]

Yeah I know, the new OVA will probably be awesome. I hope it has cool music like the first OVA had too!

4. Zei

Zei New Member

Yeah i would say it would be centred around yahiko, as at the end of the manga he recieves the sakabatou from Kenshin, and yes UK the end of the manga is set 5 years later [​IMG]

5. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I agree being Yahiko the main character, but I totaly disagree when he kills, cuz he loved Kenshin as a brother and will remember his word about a sword that protect ppl, not killing them [​IMG]

6. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Do u think that Rurouni Kenshin series would continue???
    Well i do.....Have some faith

7. Zanza

Staff Member

Speaking of which, wasn't there something about continuing the series after the last OVA? Or did the OVA end it for good?

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

yah know i have NO idea how to use a spoiler tag soooo ill just use the good old fashion scroll down
    SPOILER!!!!

Kenshin and Kaoru die at the end of the Seishouhen OVA soooo there really isnt much to continue.

9. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Meh Meh if the Anime continued i would really stop watching it.

I mean the Anime not Considering the OVA

after shishio it went down hill.

If it continued with yahiko i guess it would be ok... but the problem with that was that everything was developing really fast and better guns and new techs were comming in

10. Zanza

Staff Member

I've heard there was going to be a continue with Yahiko.. unless that was a rumor.. :confused:

11. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Probably a rumor. I heard it too but then it wouldn't really be Rurouni Kenshin now would it?

12. Zanza

Staff Member

haha, true.. how about calling it something else, which is related to Yahiko?

Different name, but a continue to Kenshin! :p

13. Hitokiri_Gensai

well there was a short that took place after all the things in the Jinchuu arc, Kenshin fights Yahiko for the Sakabatou which he gives to him after a draw. But its only 45 pages long so i wouldnt call it a continuation of the series. its called Yahiko no Sakabatou if you can find it anywhere.

14. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of a series with Yahiko as the main character, that I would not. It could be very interesting to see how he is able to use his swordsmanship in an era where guns dominate.

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

well thats kind of the idea of Yahiko no Sakabatou actually. but youll have to read it for yourself if you can find it

16. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Well not only is there that, there is a Japanese OAV called Seisouhen that features :I don't know how to use spoiler tags so I will do what Gensai did:

Yahiko grown up with the son of Kenshin and Kaoru, Kenji. And they fight for the Sakabatou. I have it but it is only in Japanese.

17. sangotaijiya

sangotaijiya New Member

If Watsuki would've written a sequel story, it likely would've focused more on Yahiko, Tsubame and Yutaro. Kenshin and Kaoru would certainly be in it, but in more of an advisory role to the younger people at that point. If it continued long enough, we would see the eventual return of Sanosuke. As he is still rather young and in good shape, he would probably partner up with Yahiko and Yutaro and help them keep the streets of Tokyo clean. If it continuted long enough, it would turn to focus on Kenji and Shinya (Yahiko and Tsubame's son) and their rivalry for the mastery of HMR and possession of the Sakabatou.