Art im trying to make my own manga but i have no story.help

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vash the stampede, Apr 30, 2004.

1. vash the stampede

vash the stampede New Member

heres a few characters i made but i have no names for them.could you help me think of some please.and while your at it think of a story too.

Attached Files:

2. Tetsuo

Tetsuo New Member

Umm.. they all look the same o_O? You could just start off by trying to draw your own daily life. Boring story i bet, but you'll prolly realize if your up for the job for future mangas.

Dunno if it's of any help but anyway..

3. Fascination

Fascination New Member

Ah. But if you ask others to think up the story, it wouldn't be your own manga, would it? I suggest you design the characters again :sweat2:. Like Tetsuo said, they all look very much alike.
    How about you think up an outline of story, post it here, and we give you suggestions? That would be a lot easier for me.
    As for what kinds of story, I think I can suggest something. A story with wars and battles? With samurais? (not very original, I admit) How about a story on three friends who fight on the streets with gangsters? :sweat:

4. vash the stampede

i was thinking somthin like that i have an ok story now and i have a few weapons for them too want to see them.

Attached Files:

5. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I do agree that they all look very similar, but my first empression was a fighting sort of anime like Yu Yu hakusho or something. The long faces and scars reminded my of that sort of anime.

6. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

the characters.. are.. about ok.... they are basically the same except the front hair and where it looks...
    the weapons are awesome

7. Rem

Rem New Member

I agree the weapons are awesome. Wish I could draw weapons like that. You should look into mech, youd be good at it. As for the characters they all look the same. I think you need to broaden your perspective. They all look like Wolfwood, prehaps reading some mangas or watching diferent anime seiries would help you out. I suggest Chobits, bremen and Ghost in the shell for mangas, and cowboy be bop, evangelion and maybe outlaw star for anime series's.

I have sent you a PM, its got a link to something that will help you out lots. ^_^.

Also reading and watching manga and anime will help you with storys.

Good luck ^_^

xxx

8. Dante

Dante New Member

Meh... I'm not really even going to bother commenting on the art *doesn't feel like critiquing right now)*

Well as far as a story goes... watch movies, read comics/manga, play video games, flip through books, just take a look around. I tend to find it very easy to get inspired and get ideas just be glancing around at these kinda things, though, how ironic, it's easier when you don't really NEED it, or aren't thinking about it. :p

I, honestly, can't do character names before I do everything else. x_x I'll do background, clothing scheme, attitude, personality, all that **** before coming up with a name. :p And even then I'm no good at making names. ;P

9. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Let's see, all characters look the same in facial structure and eyes. Weapons are looking good, but i'd suggest you would make the hilt of the gun made in the same material as the katana. it IS a hidden gun afterall..

Just take the advice from other people and you should be fine.
    :anime:

10. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

The story could take place in an alternate demention where monsters, semons, or some evil organiztion is.
    your charecters would try to beast them.
    it could also be in this demention that your charecters are trying to protect some evil persons head from being used to be ressurected(that came from dragon knights).those are some ideas.

11. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Whatever the story is, you can't take the idea of somebody on this board and call it your own. For in the unlikely event that so and so's idea actually DOES pull off and make millions, it isn't even YOUR manga to begin with.

I agree with the majority, the characters all look the same, other then a few facial features and the hair. The weapons are cool though.

12. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

13. vash the stampede

i know they all look alike but its because there supposed to be brothers.thanks for the critique and thanx for the ideas too. i tried to post a pic of them in costumes but it wont work.

there it finnaly woked .

Attached Files: