Movies Ineed advice On picking some great movies can you help????

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by keence, Nov 16, 2002.

1. keence

keence New Member

I just need a list of some great action movies, and horror movies...
    just put some down and mabey what they are about...

2. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

My Favorite Movies:

Alien (Horror, crew is attacked by myterious creature. A classic!)

Batman (20's Action, the begining of the Batman saga)

Batman: Returns (Gothic Romance/Action, Batman is torn between his duty and love)

The Fifth Element (Avant Garde action/romance, a taxic cab driver must save humanity from the embodiement of evil)

Stargate (Action adventure, a group of soldiers must fight an ancient egypian god)

12 Monkeys (Horror/Dementia, a mental patient claims he is from the future and must save humanity)

The Shadow (20's action, the story of a man trying to redeem his life of crime)

Beetlejuice (Tim Burton, a story of the afterlife from the eyes of two ghosts)

Edward Scissorhands (Tim Burton, an artificial man attempts to enter suburban America)

Some Kinda Wonderful (80's romance, a classic story of teen agnst and true love.)

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Armageddon - Space adventure, where a US team has to destroy a meteor before it destroys earth. (Who else would fight against a meteor other than Bruce Willis?)

Fifth Element - Artemis explained already.

A Knight's Tale - Not exactly "great" but it's fun. (Heath Ledger, and that chick from Hackers)

Psycho - The original, nothin' beats the old school horror.

Batman Returns - Batman vs. Catwoman vs. the Penguin. Allstar cast, couldn't really go wrong with it.

Desperado - It's Antonio Banderas. I forgot what it's totally about, but I like the gun fighting scenes. =P

I'll name others as I remember them. LOL. I haven't been watching "normal" movies for a long while.

4. Bau

Bau New Member

kiss of the dragon is cool
    princess mononoke is is cool to but its not action
    spider-man was fun to watch
    what about star wars the new or old ones

i think thats umm all... i know others too but there not action type.

5. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Evil Dead 1-3 are the best horror movies ever. They rule. Ring 1-2 are really good aswell. If you want action, watch any Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee films. Martial arts, always kick ***.

6. Little Washu

Little Washu New Member

Well I've always liked Speed as a good action movie and, Sleepyhollow,The Others,& Starwars Ep I & II (if U like Starwars that is),Don't Say a Word & Joy Ride are good movies too and....oh yeah I did like The Fifth Element, that was good too and all of the Halloween's just I-III none of that H2O crap, umm..Stigmata, ALI. That's all I can think of.

Bye 4 Now

~Washu

7. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

The Thing: Shipmates stranded in a vast expanse of PURE COLD ICE stumble upon the supernatural...and it takes them over, one by one.

Men In Black: Will smith fights a giant cockroach.

Hm....Nightmare Before Christmas

8. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Anything with Bruce Campbell in it, not anything with Will Smith in it, Star Wars (except for Episode I and II... blech), Stigmata...

9. Slydice

Slydice ave, Lex, morituri te salutamus

Spriggan

Metropolis

Tomb Raider

Princess Mononoke

10. Lt.Noin_195

Lt.Noin_195 New Member

Movies.... lets see umm... Jaws,Enemey of The State,Something Wickid This Way Comes,Vanilla Sky,The James Bond Movies,Eraser, City Of Angels, True Lies,Practical Magic,The Bone Collector...umm can't think of anything else.

~LaTeRz

11. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Forgot some...
    Fight Club (The main character is an insomniac and is, how one might put, 'owned by his possessions', until he meets a strange fellow named Tyler Durden who'll change his life forever)

Seven (Two detectives attempt to track who's responsible for grizzly murders happening right under their nose)

Thirteen Ghosts (newer one) (When a man's uncle dies, he is left a gigantic glass house and he takes his two children and housekeeper to check it out. Little do they know what's kept in the basement)

House on Haunted Hill (newer one) (Once an insane asylum, the house on haunted hill has been left for ages, until the wife of a successful theme-park owner asks to have her birthday party celebrated in said house)

The Usual Suspects (Actually don't remember what exactly this one's about, sorry >< Or at least don't know how to put it into words)

Resevoir Dogs (When a robbery attempt goes wrong, a rat is suspected in the group to have tipped the cops off. Now all they have to do is found out who the rat is)

From Dusk Till Dawn (The Gecko brothers known for their murderous rampage make their way down the US in attempts to cross the border into Mexico, and they hijack the mobile home of a holy man and his two children and kidnap the three on their way. They come to stop at a bar to wait for the brothers' friend that'll meet them there, but they have no idea what kind of trouble they're getting themselves into)

The Crow (Eric Draven and his soon-to-be-wife are murdered on Halloween night by a group of Hell-raising criminals, yet Eric has unfinished business. Draven is risen from his grave with seemingly immortality to see that justice is done to his murderers, and does he ever do so in style)

The Crow: City of Angels (Basically same as the Crow, though the main character, Ashe, and his son are murdered by a group of criminals working for the drug-peddling Earl Judah (Judah Earl? Can't remember ><). Though like Eric, Ashe's business isn't done in this world, and he, too, rises from his grave to see that Judah and his cronies pay for their sins)

Been a while since I seen some of these...

12. J-Morgan

J-Morgan Guest

Favorite Movies

My Favorite Movies- 1.)8 Mile 2.)Spider-Man 3.)Con Air 4.)Bang Bang You're Dead 5.)Blade 2 6.)Black Hawk Down 7.)Training Day 8.)Mission Impossilble 2 9.)Fast And The Furious 10.)Double Take 11.)X-Men 12.)Swordfish 13.)The Crow