Initial D vs Fast and the Furious

Discussion in 'Initial D' started by Basher, Jan 19, 2008.

?

Which one is better?

1. Initial D

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Fast and the Furious

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I was talking about this with Gensai a while back.

We discussed which one is better and why.

What do you think?

I like Initial D. It's way better then the Fast and the Furious even if it has Vin Diesel and Paul Walker.

I like it because of the cars. I know nothing about cars. The grafic's with the race against the pro are awesome. And I like it because the story is more realistic.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The characters are better, seriously.

F&F is just made to cater to the US crowd of show-cars. I.D is made for the racing enthusiast.

3. Basher

I take that as in Initial D the characters are better.

Although I do like a song on Tokyo Drift. Teriyaki Boyz- Tokyo Drift (Fast and Furious)

I think even the storyline for Initial D is way better then Fast and the Furious. Takumi is a normal guy who has incredible skill in the hairpin curves of Mt. Akina to help his father out. He gets noticed due to his talent.

F&F fast cars. Get the bad guy.

Although they did do a little better with Tokyo Drift.

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Tokyo Drift was light years ahead of the films before it. Considering that the other two films were black holes in the space of moviedom...it didn't go very far. :D

Initial D had Impact Blue's Sileighty, Kensuke's FD RX-7 (with the awesome widebody in Stage 4), and fun races that took up episodes of time.

F&F was just catered to the import crowd.

5. Basher

So we conclude that F&F TD is okay?

Scary how true that is.

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I rate Tokyo Drift at about the same as I would an very good B-movie. It's also quite disconcerting in that a lot of the race scenes were actually in America as opposed to the outskirts and areas of Tokyo, IIRC.

Oh, there's a casting call in LA for cars to appear in F&F4. LOL.

7. manslayer

manslayer animatedbboywhatareyou

hey just asking but I'm looking for a song on F&F Tokyo Drift soundtrack does anyone know if the soundtracks are still being sold

8. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

INITIAL D!

way better music...

F&F:Mexico rush

9. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

D...d...d!!!

The great Imadori-kun says
    and Mikoto gives him a good smack at the face.

I didn't enjoy F&F I & II that much, but I haven't watched F&F TD. It seems that when it comes to drifting Western drivers are defeated by Far Eastern cerial box car drivers. :rolleyes:

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Interestingly, "Formula D" is fairly even on the Domestic vs. Import Car front. Formula D is the drift-circuit championship in America. I do believe a domestic car beat everyone last year.

11. manslayer

hm in way it's hard so me to decide which is better because mainly I think people in the US have all sorts of flashy cars so they can find out who street races who doesn't so that way if they if ask like random person they'll know who's in and whose out instead having a normal car and every other street racer has normal cars if they ask the worng person like an undercover cop they'd probalbly get into some serious trouble.But hey that's what I think maybe later on if I'm able to street race I'll find out why:cool:.

12. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Keep it on the track, son.

IMHO, the US is quite TAME with the exterior modifications, most of which do NOTHING that is benefitting to the car. Europe and Japan get much wilder. In Europe check out the Citroen C2's they come out with, and the family vans and big rigs that they customize in Japan.

We just have worse taste in general than they do. They can at least get things to match, we're very fashion colorblind.

13. manslayer

Hey my friend told that our cars can't go as fast as theirs do because they the dealers someone makes them go only about 250 at the most:anger2: and guess that might contribute to why were so color blind everyone elses cars go faster thatn ours why not friend a different way than to show off how good your car is.

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Not really, most cars are electronically limited to go a certain speed. This is because, though the ENGINE may be able to get you to a very high speed, the components of the car like the Suspension, TIRES (!!!!!), and radiator cooling your engine may not be up to the task. It's not only the engine making you go that fast, it's the rest of the car helping.

The aerodynamics - which is why you don't see trucks going a bajillion miles an hour, even if some of them are blindingly quick
    the engine - you need at least 300hp to get to 150 easily, IIRC
    the suspension - the damping levels [the bound/rebound of the shocks, to be specific] need to be able to go over road crowning, debris, and pot holes without getting the tires to leave the ground, or cause some other loss of control.
    the tires - if the tires are only rated for "T" (top speed of 118), then good look trying to get them to stop at 150+. The rubber compounds they use in the tires are fairly different from each other. Some tires focus on durability and some concentrate on grip. If your tires aren't made to cope with the high speed, then either they will blow (!) or you won't be able to stop. Either way, not a good idea.
    the brakes - if you can't stop fast enough, what's the use of going that fast? If you're going that fast, you don't want the brakes to get cooked before your car can stop...for obvious reasons. And let me tell you, the worst feeling ever is when the brakes are cooked. They're mushy and things that need to happen just *don't*.

Most German cars are actually speed limited to 155 because of this, again, unless they were built to do massive speed in the first place. Like the Mercedes/McLaren SLR. The car's made to be able to go +200mph, so the limiter isn't there.

While Initial D and F&F make street racing look "cool", keep it somewhere safe. In Initial D, they close off the area, which is why they have all those radios to talk to each other. And, seriously, the level of idiocy a "street racer" shows is sometimes off the scale.

Then again, I do drive a Honda Civic. With a large exhaust. And gold wheels. I guess I can be grouped in with that crowd. :D

15. manslayer

I guess that's a good point which is why I will as a gift to me get me a Nissian Skyline if I could.

16. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Presenting the R35 Skyline GT-R
    [​IMG]
    FYI, this is *supposedly* going to be one of the most untunable cars made thus far. And that's something, considering how large the tuning market actually is in Japan.

Well, I'll see what Mine's (a tuning company) does with it. And, it *does* go faster than a Porsche GT3 on the Nurburgring Nordschleife. For less money, MSRP. Then again, the first R35 in the US sold for about 125,000, which is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE markup on the car. Something like 40k markup.

Not a real fan of Skylines though. Rather get:
    [​IMG]
    ASL Garaiya. Teh hotness. Super small, super light, and not all that powerful. It's like a go-kart for the street. Not in production though. So I guess I'll keep dreaming of a Lotus Elise or Exige S.

ONE MORE FACT:
    Interestingly, the Bugatti Veyron's 253mph limit is apparently due to lack of space as well as Aerodynamics. It takes much more power to be able to bend the sound barrier enough to go faster than that.

17. Basher

:bleed:

18. manslayer

Yep the top one is one of many I wish to get thanks izzy for showing the pictures.

19. manslayer

Hey Basher what do you think of me and Izzys dream cars.

20. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I have too many dream cars to count. :D There's the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, BMW M3, BMW 135i, Weismann GT, Morgan Aero Max Coupe, Lotus Elise 111R, Lotus Exige w/ Honda K20A3 engine, Honda NSX Type-R...

The one car I would LOVE to drive everyday though is:
    [​IMG]
    Ferrari 599 Fiorano GTB

OR (especially because of the "cool" factor):
    [​IMG]
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage (But, the roadster version)