Internet problems

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lance Leingod, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but here goes.

For the last day of so, I've not be able to get on to any sites really. I use dial-up and the day before it started messing up for some reason, I pulled the line out for it so that it wouldn't dial out. It makes noise when it dials out and making me stay awake. I didn't really think about what would happen to it then and my dad told me about it. Saying that there's some program that gets it to dial out and after dialing out three times, it just shuts down. It wasn't really a problem, or so he said and he restarted it and I was able to get on the internet. Although, now I can't get on to almost any of my sites now. Any sites that have the domain name .com I can't get to. The only ones I've been able to get to is .jp which is used for this board and the free boards. When I told him that, he thought it was just that Negia had a problem on their end. We thought it was just that but after a day now, it still hasn't been fixed and we don't know if its them or something else. They usally get things fixed by the time I get on the next day but it still hasn't been fixed yet.

Have any of you had this problem before?

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Might be a browser issue, or perhaps a virus. At first I thought that it could have been your modem itself, but if you can connect to the boards then I'm not so sure anymore. Have you called your ISP about it? See what they say. It may be on thier end.

~W

3. Lance Leingod

I don't think its a virus because I'm using a different computer that is using the same dial-up so we thought it was Negia. I don't know what an ISP is but if you're talking about Negia, we haven't called yet that I know of. I'll call my mom at work and see if she has yet.

Its all just very confusing and we can't figure it out. I can come here but I can't go anywhere else really other than the free boards. It might be something with the domain name but if that's not the problem then we don't know what it is really. We don't really know what's causing it and if we don't know that, I don't know if we can fix it.

4. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Odds are good it's your ISP (Internet service provider), Negia. The same problem on two different computers pretty much rules out almost everything else.

~W

5. Lance Leingod

We finally found out the problem. It had something to do with a program or something that was being uploaded into one of the computers. When I disconnected the dial-up when it was still uploading, it somehow messed the dial-up. It won't work right until its finished uploading the program or what ever it was which it should be done by mid-day Friday (or today) or maybe some time today. We don't know when but it should get done some time in the next 12 hours maybe.