Computers Ipod Help.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by KaYasha, Nov 12, 2005.

1. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Okay, I was listing to my ipod and I went to change the place into a song to another part I like.
    One I pressed the center button my ipod froze. It will not move, turn off, change songs, or even show that it on lock or not.
    I plugged it into my computer to hope that maybe it would respond, but it does not.

Does anyone have any help with this issue? My ipod is still under warranty and I have the box and all, I just wanted to know if it could be fixed before I have to send it back in for a new one.

Thanks.

(Also I hope this is okay to put here. An ipod is computer related..)

1 person likes this.
  2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Hmmm...Could be a harddisc crash, things like that often happen to harddrive based mp3 players.

Have you tried to reset the ipod? If that won't work, all I can tell you is to send it back and get a new one.

Or just get another MP3 player, like iAudio or Sony HD-5 :p

- Teddz

1 person likes this.
  3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Personally, that's the main problem with HDD Mp3 Players. Hard Drives aren't exactly meant to be used with an application like an iPod. They get banged up, and the pin screws up.

This would be the only consolation I give the iPod nano. It's flash based, which *really* truly means that there no moving parts. Meaning, that if you drop it. You'll break the screen, but you won't lose the data stored in its memory bank.

read: GET A FLASH PLAYER IF YOU MOVE THE PLAYER AROUND QUITE A BIT.

1 person likes this.
  4. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Ask for a replacement.

Apple is becoming famous for releasing faulty players. Their ipod Nano, for example, is very prone to have scratches on their screen.

So change your ipod. Unless you have tampered with it, i'm afraid it's the only choice.

Oh - don't try to open it, the battery might explode on your face. It's happened.

5. Teddz

You mean Apple I assume?

Sony make their HD-NW 1 - 5 MP3 players, which are really stable. Sadly, their program sucks.

Trust me. They SUCK.

- Teddz

6. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

perhaps you could try leaving it on until it runs out of power, then try recharging it and seeing if it responds.

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Eugh, I hate proprietary software. Someone needs to make a great MP3 player that doesn't need any support but a simple Drag & Drop. Some people are smart enough to be able to be organized to just do that.

8. Teddz

The fact is, Izzy, despite having that method, people think "oh...it would be cool to add that function onto the program, or how about this and that".

For something this simple, it turns into a piece of mixed **** soup.

- Teddz

9. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

My Samsung player does that. Also plays .ogg :) Such a thing is a must for me since hardly any digital music makers have Linux in mind. Since my Samsung acts as a removable mass storage drive, I can drag files over in any file manager I choose and then listen to them :) (and even drag them back afterwards hehe)

It can also be used with Windows Media Player like other players (and must be for DRM protected WMVs) so one really doesn't lose anything.

Beware though, not all of their players act that way. The Napster branded ones for example require some weird software. For the most part though, they are nice and open.

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Yeah, I just took the plunge and got myself a Samsung YP-F1 512MB. I love the fact that it's small (it's a clip-style mp3 player)...which makes it perfect for what I want to use it for...snowboarding.

I love the fact that all it needs is a simple driver, and I have myself a small storage device instead of having to boot up software.

Got my lil sis the 1GB version. =]