Multimedia ipod nanos are rubbish

Discussion in 'Computers' started by cure of saytan, Dec 13, 2005.

1. cure of saytan

cure of saytan New Member

i just want to say all of you thinking of geting a nano DONT i got one last week and since its so thin it broke there CRAP

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Multimedia or Music. Either way, Nano sucks. It's screen is incredibely SMALL, and the max it holds is 6GB, at $249. When the IPod Video has a "normal" (No screen compares to PSP's) sized screen, it takes pictures, music, video, it's only 50 dollars more than the Nano, and it holds 30Gigs!

-Seishin

3. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

They are Crap =/
    Butttt I bet some people buy em to smash em or because of the size
    Have u Guys seen that Saturday night live episode where the creator of the Ipod is doing a interview and says the nano is obsolete and pulls out a even smaller ipod then the last one is invisable because its so small

4. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

why... is this on the newbies thing...? anyway, i don't think that the nano's all that bad. [hell, if that's bad, then the whole iPod thing is terrible.] i mean, it's not that much different than the regular ones, except for the more compact size. so what if the max is 6GB [i thought it was 5GB ...] but not everyone need agazillion songs. and the 2GB being like what, 500 songs for around $200? hell, you should be complaining about the shuffle, then.

and who the bloody hell needs such a big screen, just to identify the song listings, or look at pics, etc? the screen's smaller BECAUSE it's a nano.

but each series of iPods are made for different people. if you don't like 'em, don't buy 'em, and don't rant on how terrible the things are just cuz you, or a billion other people had bad experiences with them.

like said, the price, being $200? [at least mine was.] and the others, at around $300? that's a pretty big difference. but though it might be a bit pricey, heck, for the least, there's 500 song openings!! and you could always erase other songs, etc.

and how did your nano break, saytan?

[... wait. why am i even here?]

5. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

i never liked I pods anyway, they're a gimic, why buy one when you can just have a regular mp3 player? I mean who is gonna listen to, what is it? 10'000, songs in a day, they're just pocket trash.

6. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

i agree....who has time to listen to that many mp3's....and in this modern world...we dont have time to listen to mp3's often....
    and i pods..they suck...id better just get an mp3 player..and thats it...

7. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

i don't know why this is here, but i've got a 15g ipod (3rd gen), and an iriver h10 (20 gig). they've both got problems, but overall they're great. the idea isn't to listen to every song on the player, it's so that you can listen to anything you want in a whim. not a feature you need, but really nice to have.
    when i had just a cd player i'd always go out and think, 'damn, i wish i bought xxxxx album instead of this one...'

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Actually, thinking about it, iPod nano's are great in theory. A small flash player that has almost no conceivable way of losing data. Trust me, I've *washed* (and consequently dried) quite a few flash and multimedia cards accidentally. They've survived, even if the cheapo mp3 player didn't...thus my data was secure.

Execution is different. It's thin and long, and therefore pretty structurally weak. Which brings to mind why Apple didn't make it all metal instead. Price tag is a little steep, but all of Apple's products are, but their mp3 players are constantly the best about price:size ratios. The screen (and everythign else) scratches easily.

Oh, and iTunes. YUCK. Proprietary software < Drag & Drop, even though iTunes really is innovative. =P

That said, great theory...but falls rapidly short on its execution. I just love the fact that it's a flash player. No hard drive discs and needles. That means I can really abuse it without the HDD dying.

Edit:
    About storage size...there's a reason for that also. I'd love to have an iRiver H50 just because I can fit most of my mp3 collection into it. That way, I don't have to bother deleting/refilling my mp3 player. However, they can also be used to store important data, pictures, etc. Which is a good reason to use those larger capacity players as well.

Oh man, having an H50 with all my songs connected to a coax to my car stereo. No more 300 CDs in my car! THAT is what I want. Or at least a head unit that can support a 4.7 GB DVD so I don't have to keep burning CDs. =P

I have a simple Samsung YP-F1 512MB right now. I paid $110 for it. It was an easy purchase because it's small, as far as it looks like a large clip. And it's flash, and it's for what I need it for. So, paying a little more for something that suits your current needs perfectly...it's an investment, not a waste of money.

1 person likes this.
  9. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I have a Sony NWHD-1, and despite the pressure on getting an iPod, I didn't.

Reasons? iTunes (They are somewhat worser than SonicStage), and that they are just unstable, mainly harddrives.

I don't like the fact that it's got a glas cover, it would be REALLY easy to be scratched.

Get a iAudio, iRiver or a Sony instead.

- Teddz

10. Orion

Orion Gears

Well, I know it's kind of late, but I'll say it anyway:

iPod Nano's aren't rubbersih. They're just like the rest of them. Trust me, i got mine today and I love it. :D

11. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

As an MP3 player Ipods are expensive and carry more room for more music than you could ever listen too. What the hell do you need 60 gigs of mp3's for? You couldnt listen to all those songs in a month even if you left it running straight.

Now as a storage device, or with the newest iPods- a portable entertainment system, they're better suited for your money. The newest ones allow you to play videos on them which is rather useful. If they dont allow you to play your own vids off your computer it will only be a short time before someone comes out with a crack or a converter that will let you do just that. You can watch all of One Piece, Bleach AND Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex on one ipod whilst you're on the road.

That's pretty handy.

As an mp3 player = cr*p

As a media player = sweet~

Nanos are worthless and overpriced. Sorry Shijin. Forking out all that money for a little mp3 player with too much space is not kosher.

~W

12. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Still, wert, most ipods are still the least expensive in the GB:$$ ratio.

13. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

like the rest of them. except for these ones have: built in we break easy.

14. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I did have an mp3 player. I did not like it. Mine would only around 30 songs when you go on long car trips having just 30 songs gets really tiering. Plus my mp3 didn't have an option to pick the song that played. I just had to keep pressing next.

My ipod is a lot easyer. I can put more songs than I can listen to in a day so I don't always have to change the songs on it because I get sick of them or anything. It is easyer to pick the songs and I don't always to change the battery.

I like ipods I wouldn't consider them "pocket trash". Although I did have a small problem with mine, but it was fixed and all my songs were still on it.
    Thats all I have to say for now. haha

15. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

did u have regualar ipod or nano, cos nano is the shite one that breaks from anything

16. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

i dunno i think the nano is a little too small.... its a gitch item but i did find a decent use for mine. my car doesnt have a CD player in it so i bought anano and used that FM transmiter thing and stuck it in the tape deck of my car so its not just sitting out on a seat or something it works really well so far so... yep yep

17. Orion

Orion Gears

They don't "break from anything." They're just as durable as the regular iPod. Everyone has their beef with the nano, and I don't know why. Nano's are great. They're nice and small, more portable than a regular iPod, and they hold a buttload of songs. No more big bulky CD players and running around looking for CD's. Yep yep, iPod's are great.

18. Ангел вчера

So, can you use the ipod on a regular computer, or do you need an apple? Because I need something to put 6-700 songs on. Just wondering.

19. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

You can use iPods on PCs. There are now some other 3rd party software that can emulate iTunes if you don't like them as well. But, yes, you can use them on a Windows-based PC. =]

20. Ангел вчера

Oh, that's cool. I need an mp3 player with room for atleast 6 gigs. I am tired of using cd players, lol.