Multimedia ipod nanos are rubbish

Discussion in 'Computers' started by cure of saytan, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Most of my friends got a Nano, and I don't see why they are "that" great.

But their software is much better than SonicStage...and there is apparently a much better software out, I think it's name was...anapod.

- Teddz

2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I aught to check one of these someday..

I bought a CD player recently that it plays MP3s, so I guess I don't need any MP3 players, but I am curious at how to use them!

3. Orion

Orion Gears

The new iPod is great. Very easy to use and very user friendly, kind of like Macs. :rolleyes: The rolling your finger around the center has got me though...

4. Teddz

I agree on the computers, cause I am thinking of getting a Powerbook...

But an iPod, who knows, if they release a 30 gb nano based mp3 players, I'd might go for one...

- Teddz

5. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

6. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I've had my apple iPod for over a year now, and its scratched and dentied, but it still works, so i don't mind. Its not pretty to look at, but it works just fine.

7. Sp1k3

Sp1k3 New Member

I didn't buy an Ipod Nano since I would rather pay the extra $50 for the 20 GB. My first episode with the click wheel lasted nearly two years with me until the hardware died. Now, I got the Ipod Video!

8. Teddz

I don't know, the iPod Video does seems tempting, but can it really beat the PSP or other media devices on it's video based technology?

- Teddz

9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

After experimenting with both for a while, I've come with some good facts.

Yes, the impressive 30Gb Ipod memory drive sounds unbeatable, but let's look closer.

When playing a video on the IPod video, if you somehow get over 60 minutes at regular brightness and full volume you're nearing a record. When it comes to video, the IPod's battery gets drained easily.

Going to volume, the IPod Video only supports headphones, while the PSP supports headphones and speakers (Headphones take a bit less of batteries)

The screen on the IPod video is nice and neat, but the PSP's is not only bigger, but clearer at regular high brightness. And the battery lasts around 3-3.5 hours from full battery, and that being all you're doing.

The IPod video is allright, if you have a car adapter and a regular adapter close by to get to the battery. But if that's the case, get a portable DVD player. They may seem out of fashion, but damn they're handy. Usual battery life is 5 hours, plus you can just add a car adapter. The usual screen size is 5'' wide screen, although 7'' is much more used. But when getting a 9'' or 10'', you're getting a great value. Also not forgetting that the sounds is crystal clear.

-Seishin

10. Fushigi Rockna

If your nano breaks it's because you're taking bad care of it.

I take good care of mine, but it doesn't have a case. It's always in my back pockiet. It doesn't have a single stratch on it. Just a lot of finger prints because it's stupid black ><
    I've even unfortunately dropped it a few times (the headphone cord got caught on things and YANK - -; Almost lost my ear there too.)

People that say iPods suck are usualy people that never even tried one or saw one up close and fooled around with it. I used to think iPods were overhyped and pieces of junk...priced way too high...but my dad went out and got one for Christmas (he knew I wnated an MP3 player...he just wanted to get me the best kind. =) Christmas is the only time he'll do that XD) and I had a hard time accepting it at first (which i still feel bad about =( ) but after just one day, i was smitten with the thing. I can't live without it now. XD

My friend also never liked iPods...till he 'hijacked' mine...and fooled around with it. next week, he bought himself one of the big babies.

I just wish my dad had gotten me one of the bigger ones, now. X3 I fear I'll run out of room soon...it's almost half way full XD
    But I like the nano's small size. it fits in my back jeans pocket and doesn't poke out and annoy me and it isn't bulky. There haven't been any problems with mine yet (well, it didn't like being in the cold that one day I was downtown during exams...it had difficulties working for a while, but after resetting it, it was fine. And it REALLY was cold out that dya, and I was otu ALL day, and it was in my jacket pocket, soooo...)

Plus, my dad got the extended warranty. So if it does break 9or when the batteries die) I'm safe. X3

11. Orion

Orion Gears

If the batteries die? Don't you have a charger? Or did that break or get misplaced?

12. Fushigi Rockna

No I mean if you outcharge them. rechargable batteries can only be charged so many times before they die for good. This is true for every rechargable battery, like the ones you get on portable DVD players, game boys, cameras, and the individual, removal ones. Unfortunately, the iPod ones have been pretty bad for this, and last to about 10 months or so. You then gotta send it in for a new one. if you don't get the extended warranty, you have to pay for the new battery.
    Or so my dad claims.
    That's one of the only downsides to the iPod.

Btw, iPod Shuffles are the crappy iPods. =P They don't even have a screen. XD My friend always compalisn about hers... XD

13. Seishin

Seishin Guest

True. I've had my PSP for almost a year and the battery is still doing fine. Besides, the PSP's battery is more replacable that of the IPod Video's, and cheaper.
    Worst invention ever. Do they even have a slot for memory extensions? I've been wondering. Since the only good thing going for them is the 89 dollar price, but the fact that you have to guess where you're at...

-Seishin

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Never underestimate an Apple Fanboy's thirsty need for anything with a small "i" in front of it. =]

That being said, the Shuffle would be cool to have for, say sporting around. I'd rather have an extremely small or no screen at all...just so I don't break something.

15. Teddz

I have got an iPod Nano now.

I like it.

But I still loathe the program :p

- Teddz

16. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

You Sold Out Teddz!!! You Sold Out!!!!!!

>=[

17. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

lol ... omg... a normal iPod is small enough to fit in your pocket (usually), it's not like you need it small enough to fit it into the comfort of the ass, as long as you can listen to muzik on it! even then its still a waste, my Mp3 player wil sufice enough and it's smaller than an iPod.

18. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I bought an iPod nano just today. Expensive 2 gig white one, cost me $250. Got a nifty green sleeve for it too (and a blue one, in case I get bored of it :p)

I later came home and found out they sell regular iPods with much much larger capacity and larger screens -_- I'd asked for the highest capacity one they had. This one's filled to just 109 megs from capacity and it's nowhere near all of my music. 322 songs out of over 1400- had to pick only the best and leave the rest.

Well, luckily, mine came with a long, long refund warranty, due to the fact they sold me a used iPod and didn't tell me, so if anything does happen, I can cash in and buy something else. :p

Whatever the normal warranty is, Radioshack covers it for a year after that. ^-^

19. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

To be honest Rag, you shoulda done research before getting it. =]

But anyway, congratulations on the purchase.

20. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Yeah, it's called impatience. :p When I left yesterday, I was just thinking about getting an MP3 player. Then I started thinking I'd get one when I had all the money I wanted for my vacation in July. Then I figured I'd have all that money regardless and from there it was a downward spiral. :p I went in and asked them which had the highest capacity, and they pointed me to the 2 gig nano.

Maybe they don't stock the bigger ones?