Is the series good?

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by Sachiko, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

as the topic asked :catgirl:

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

DL, Ndore, and oodles of others happen to really like this series. I am one of them. :D It's a great series, if for the story and the mishaps of one poor Urashima Keitaro.

The anime's already great, and is worth watching at any time. But the manga is magnificent. A masterpiece even, though...I don't know...I'm pretty much advertising it like no one's business.

Anyhow, the manga is complete...whereas LH the anime is not. Well, it *is*, just not the way the manga is...where it was completed much better and cleaner.

All i all, yes...in both forms, the series is good. Though, I'd be aware that it is pretty fan-oriented. Especially the manga.

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Yup, it's W007

It's one of your guy surrounded by girl type anime's, though this time the guy is a totaly clutz... and you can tell that that could lead to some, errrr... mix ups. Urashima Keitaro is given the job as Kanririn in an all girls dorm, and also he is working really hard, but failing entering Tokyo University. He wants to enter Tokyo U because he promised a girl, when he was young, that he would go there with her. But Keitaro keeps on failing his exams so he can't exactly make it into the school. But still, it is rather suspenceful because throughout the series you wonder "who could this girl be who he promised to"

Well I won't exactly say anymore, you'll have to watch it to see what it's like ^^

4. Sol

Sol New Member

Yeah this is a great anime you would watch for many laughs. But this is an anime you will watch a few more times around and than get tired of seeing the same thing happen over and over again. Only other reasons I can think why yo will keep watching this are these:

1.) For the constant comedy and laughter

2.) To see the girls :p

5. Kyo935

Kyo935 New Member

indeed it is a great series, but at times its just weird =D

you should watch it(now) :D

6. n15pca

n15pca New Member

It's a 7 out of 10.:p

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Well worth it. :)

8. Slydice

Slydice ave, Lex, morituri te salutamus

I think it's great

9. Kairo

Kairo New Member

Best Comedy Anime series I've seen :D

Best manga series EVAR!111

10. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

It is a good anime, I wouldn't say the best comedy(that goes to Fruits Basket), but good all the same.
    However, the manga is one of the greatest things in the entire world. Ever. Bar none. Yes. It is. So very good.

11. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

there's an anime too :)

it's fairly well known, and it's good

12. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

yeah, teh anime is good. Manga is good too. I'd get ahold of both for some good laughs, though the 1 guy many girls plot device is getting a bit lame. Why must it pop up everywhere *sigh*

13. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Love Hina is a 26 (25?) episode anime (notwithstanding the 2 "movies" and the 3 episodes of Love Hina Again)...and 14 book (50+ chapter) manga.

They do not show this on TV. You'll have to buy it as a series. Well, they MIGHT, since Cartoon Network seems to be trying to get in as much anime as it can in a two-three hour time slot.

Oh, I don't want to make a new thread to this, but I bought this large Love Hina manual-thingy that has a whole bunch of poses with a lot of them. It cost me like, 25 bucks, but it looked awesome. As soon as I reinstall my scanner software, I'll scan and upload it in. It's awesome!

Edit: Okay, upon discovering that the cover actually has some English on it...hehe...I found out that it's the Illustration book. It also features some art that went on the covers of AX and Newtype. :D

14. ppv_14

ppv_14 New Member

25 episodes
    24 episodes to a season meaning the 25th episode ws technically an extra on the last dvd i.e. a bonus for buying the dvds this has happended in at least one other series i can think of
    2 specials/movies christmas/spring
    3 ovas kanako/naru/keitaro i think thats the order
    and finally 14 books of manga
    (although i have heard rumors of an unreleased second season of episodes and episode 25 was supposed to be the start of the second series but it never really got off the ground supposedly theres 23 more unreleased episodes speaking of which)

15. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I think Love Hina is one of the greatest manga I've read in that it's heartwarming and really, really funny. I don't laugh at many things, but Love Hina is hilarious!! And it's really romantic too. Keeps you in suspense about Naru and Keitaro, right until the end, also. I suggest it, it's a great read. A romantic comedy for teens/adults I'd say.

I've read the entire manga, volumes 1-14, and seen all the anime. I haven't seen Love Hina Again, though.

16. Tetsuo

Tetsuo New Member

Id say u'll miss out alot if u don't check it out. Havent seen the manga, but the anime is GRRRRREAT!. I could watch the series over and over and over again till i pass out.

17. Osaka

Osaka New Member

It's good! a lot of slapstick! funny funny! umm could we say it's simular to Ranma 1/2 without the cold water turning people into other suff thing?