Travel Japan!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Badluck, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Badluck

Badluck New Member

Has anyone been to Japan, or would like to go to Japan?
    I really would love to go.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Been there. For an anime expo, no less. Wanna go again. If only to snowboard...indoors!

And to be there during the cherry blossom season. Must be a sight to see.

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Haven't been there but i'll probably go sometime. To an anime expo no dout, but i'd also love to study some of the architecture, espesally that of some of the old temples and other old buildings, and maybe some of the newer ones as well.

4. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I have never been there :sad: but I'd like to be. I'd like to see a LOT of stuff there, I just can't count them. An anime expo would be great. I'd like to study there too :cool: *J~ remembers many anime rounins* Ehh, ganbatte!

5. KoeiX2

KoeiX2 New Member

hardy har
    I shall go to Japan, and defend it from the Tyrannical rule of Microsoft's dark and evil ruler named....well...dare i say it? BILL GATES
    Unfortunately I am too late to save it from the Japanese WindowsXP u.u
    but I SHALL PREVENT THE NEXT WINDOWS

Aside from that, I wanna dress in the cool Hakama and Yukata. And carry a Bokken around like im some badass samurai...who's not even japanese XD

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Someday... Someday I will get there. I want to go, but am intimidated after reading a guide about how to live in Japan. There's so much that you have to know!!!

Meh, I figure, after I learn the freaking LANGUAGE, I'd be able to survive. :D

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Y'actually don't HAVE to know a lot of Japanese to survive in TOKYO. Well, from what I experienced, anyway.

Just make sure to bring an english map of the subway system. @_@

Oh, and people stare at you if order a venti from starbucks... >_> <_<

8. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

That's helpful to know. But, still, I'd feel less helpless if I could talk to the people around me. Less alone, you know?

And I always order grande anyway. Except when it's a freebie. (Every eighth I purchase is free, as long as I use my Safeway Club Card. :p:D

9. YokoburiKinura

I've been to Japan, a couple years ago for a study abroad program. And yeah, it does seem you don't need to know a ton of Japanese to get by in the big city. However, your mileage will vary. I once went to get some photos developed but needed them by like noon the same day - the lady at the first place I went to wrote in English that she didn't speak it when I walked up to the counter; I gave her a pretty non-plussed look and then asked her in Japanese if I couldn't possibly get my photos ready by noon. Unfortunately I couldn't, but at least once I demonstrated that Japanese was okay she answered in kind.

10. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

This might sound funny "to some", but my grandma and I was talking about going there sometime. She had to add in "before I die which isn't that long." I my self would love to, and just see it. Plus, go shopping. I bet it is very pretty there.
    My grandma wanted to go on a family cruise sometime, I wonder how she would feel about going to Japan. Hm.. I will have to ask my Aunt ( she works for a cruise line) I wonder what it would cost. Sorry for getting off subject so...

To answer the question more clearly, I would like to go to Japan.

11. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I intend to go right after high school, thnkas for the tips yall.

12. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

I am already saving up for it as soon as i get out of highschool im heading over and spending a week or two there. I know major money but hey its worth it. Ive been dreaming of going there since i was a little squirt :p

13. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Yeah, sooner or later i'll go there.. :dizzy2:

14. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

I'm going in a few weeks 0_o ... unless somthing goes horribly wrong. Staying 8 nights in Tokyo. A friend with a lot more m oney then me is paying part of my fare (hes going too), his friend went last year and Ive heard all about it, seen the pics, got all the advice etc... I think I will manage, because all he can say is onegaishimasu, sumimasen, ohayo gozaimasu & doumo.. and he managed ok. he said you can get by just nodding and smiling ^_^ if you use kombi stores, vending machines, things like that, not that I want to be that isolated. The transport seems easy, with a lot of english or place names and stuff spelt out in hirigana (which I can read), Im also familar with some kanji too, so I should be fine.

15. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

go to japan at least 2 times a year. and at for every one trip, at least stay there for 2-4 weeks. usually in aomori (right under hokkaido.) or tokyo. moms boyfriend goes there every single month for a week so he gets me all these stuff ^^. lots of the times it's usually just cake or something though... or he gets me all these anime junk that i LOVE!

16. Kagome_Akari

Kagome_Akari New Member

of course i'm going! i've wanted to go since forever.
    i'm saving money for it.
    also i'm hoping to meet a special someone who is on this site.
    i think he knows who he is right Nightmare :)