Comics Johnny the Homicial Maniac

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Raven, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

This is a very famous comic written by Jhonen Vasquez and the Slave Labour graphics company. Anyway if you have read the #5 you know *SPOILERS* how the world ends. Why is that? What made the world end and who shot Johnny. What was that big alien tentacle thing? Just finished reading it and I'm pretty confused. :dizzy2:

2. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Hmm....there was a Jhonen thread before...not sure if it got deleted or something...

But anyway, any and all of Jhonen's work is god. JTHM. Squee. Invader Zim(which airs like, once a week).

EDIT: And sorry, I can't answer your questions. :sweat2:

3. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

I guess I'll have to answer them then :D Okay, beware of some major spoilage! :p

Um...lets see...

The world ended because Johnny died and let that monster thing out (they give you kinda hints that something like this would happen throughout the series). It explains why he is so important in issue 6 though im still trying to get it myself :p. Have you read issue 4? If you have and you still dont know what shot Johnny, then this is what shot him:

SPOILER!

He set up that gun on a mechanical arm thingy that would keep a trail him and would only fire if he talked into the phone in an attempt to kill himself. Well, the phone rang and he talked into the phone, and BANG, he was shot.

Um and the big alien thing is also explained in issue 6 and I dont want to spoil anything. If you read it and still don't get it, I'll explain :p.

There ya go! :p Now go read issue 6 if you haven't yet!!!

4. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Spoiler:

Johnny does kill himself, then is sent to heaven. Yes, heaven...Well, in heaven, he learned a few things to piss people off there like a technique to blow people heads up.
    IE: head splodey!
    Then, he is sent to hell where his guid is a guy he killed....:Gonk:
    Then he kills the man again, and runs rampant in hell.

Thats all I'll say for now.

5. dark_aftiel

dark_aftiel New Member

Nny ends up leaving in the end. He signs himself into a mental institution so that they can study his insomnia, among other things. He ends up signing himself out in the end of the Squee comics. Implies a sequel...
    Anywho, the reason for the giant monster that kills everything is simple, if you read JVs comments on the chapter I believe he states that he just wanted to draw a cool monster. I can't recall where I read that.

6. lord_Canti16

lord_Canti16 New Member

Jthm

Hey the thing that Johnny sees is Moose. Johnny is controled by that thing in the wall. He has to paint the wall with blood in order to keep it from coming out. Poor Poor Johnny.

7. Fushigi Rockna

The thing within the wall is all the bad things of the world as Satan explains. All that stuff that Nny had been killing while alive was all in there...essentialy. The monster - Moose- was all that...
    Nny was a 'flusher'. He was to get rid of all that stuff because it builds up and up.

The universe ended but was then rebooted like nothing ever happened. (except the people Nny killed are still dead =P) It's even implied that some people survived in the Anne Qwish comic "Oh there's that Tess. How could she dump Dillon?" As you know, Dillon was killed by Moose, but this suggests that he was brought back to life and Tess finally wisened up and dumped him. =) (or that could just be a mistake on Jhonen's fault o_O) Johhny was resurrected and lost alot of hair.

He then encounters...Burger Boy...whatever he was I forget and am too lazy to look it up. Anyways little plastic hamburger thing is the last of Nny's 'voices' (although Nail bunny echoes one last thing...) and it represents all the emotions he refuses to have. Nny then leaves, so that he may learn to not have emotions and essentially goes on a journey of sorts. He soemhow ends up checking himself into the mental clinic, but checks out the same day Squee is checked in. He comes out with all his hair again and he looks more clena cut. :) (am i the only one that noticed that? xDDDD)

And yes Nny killed himself, although he didn't mean to. he planned to, but then he tryed to turn it off (turned out it was never on in the first palce. retard. =P) Devi then calls him, and he picks up the phone and kaboom. So it's technically his own stupidity and Devi that do him in--cause only Devi would call Johnny.

Anywho...

I LOVE JTHM!!! <3

It took me a while to finally read it but I love it x3 Not as much as I love Squee, but still alot. one of the things about the series i like tho isn't the blood and violence (as that's why most people like it) it's because-aside from the killing-Nny is a real sweetie (look at that big brother complex he developed for Squee o_O) and i love the deep part of him--the part that rambles on and does cute little things like making a sandwich for the guy he's killing. :3 i just...love it. xDDD

my favorite part is when Nny saves squee from the bad man. =D

8. Popogeejo

Popogeejo New Member

Happy Noodle boy and Wobbly headed Bob FTW!

I don't have much more to add than that. JTHM and Squee were/are Vasquez's best works to date. Zim, while amusing, lacks the edge of Johnny and Gir just bugs the f*ck out of me.

Personaly I love the "Tales of real human drama" (exploding Baby= comic gold) , Helmo and the "Most offensive film ever."