Naruto Kakashi; What's his problem?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Silver Fang, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Silver Fang

Silver Fang New Member

Kakashi is my favorite character in Naruto, but I have always had this one problem with him. What was up with his attitude towards Naruto? I mean, we all know the student he cared for, and loved, the most was Sasuke. But when it comes to Naruto, it seems as though Kakashi hates him, or doesn't care anything about him. What do you think?

2. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

From what I have witnessed all through out the series (& manga for that matter) is that everybody sees and treats Naruto like a mutant freak! And that Sasuke was the first true friend he ever had, which in the future turns out to be his arch rival... Oh the Irony... And now Kakashi is dead!

3. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Kakashi hates him because he taught him how to use elemental chakra and trying to put it into the Rasengan? Kakashi also hates him with how he praised Naruto's growth as a person and a shinobi, admitting that Naruto surpassed him and will likely surpass Minato?

Kakashi's "favorite" wasn't Sasuke - Kakashi's magnetism toward Sasuke was explained in the series. Kakashi focused on Sasuke because Sasuke was the one that needed it. Naruto had enough self-resolve to get by on his own, but Kakashi recognized Sasuke as a danger - Sasuke was becoming just like how Kakashi was when he was a child, and Kakashi knew how bad that could be. He wanted to make sure Sasuke didn't make the same mistakes he did that could cause the death of his allies. Sasuke needed that link to reality - Naruto did not.

4. Silver Fang

Silver Fang New Member

When Saer showed this faith in Naruto. Why does it take three yearssuke was around, Kakashi never showhad potential?ed all this faith inn Naruto. Why does it take three years with no Sasuke for him to see Naruto had potential? Kakashi trusted Sasuke enough to teach him Chidori, but he tells Jiraiya that Naruto couldn't be trusted with Rasengan.

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

They skipped 3 years in the series. Rasengan is more powerful. Kakashi thought Naruto couldn't handle it because he cared.

Kakashi helped teach Naruto the greater Rasengan. He cares. He knows how much he grew. Now Kakashi says Naruto is capable of hokage.

Tsunade finally changed her mind to.

6. Silver Fang

Silver Fang New Member

Thal, butat seems logical, but if he cared, t Nthen he'd understand that Naruto needed Rasengan to protect him from Akatsuki. Did he expect Naruto not to learn somethng to help protect him. He had no problem teaching Sasuke an assassination jutsu, even though Sasuke's whole life is about power, and vengence. But he doesn't trust Naruto.

7. Basher

Kakashi wanted to protect Naruto. He thought Naruto couldn't handle the rasengan back then. It would be like giving a child a loaded gun. Chances is that it would hurt the child more then be useful. Naruto couldn't protect himself if he couldn't handle it. He called him a brat more out of surprise for learning such a technique. Chapter 176 page 12 explains it all. Its as I said.

Jiraiya and Kakashi both didn't think that Naruto and Sasuke would use their techniques against each other.

Naruto is growing at a fast pace during this time. Kakashi praises that. I don't think Kakashi knew how to create Rasangen at this time anyway.

I think there wasn't much Kakashi could teach Naruto at his age that he was comfortable with so that was another reason why Kakashi let Jiraiya take over. Plus Naruto could learn a lot more from Jiraiya then Kakashi.

3 years later Kakashi acknowledges Naruto and teaches him the elemental part.

If anything Kakashi loves his 3 subordinates but never shows it.

8. Silver Fang

Silver Fang New Member

Wouldn't that loaded gun thing apply to Sasuke as well? With him having the Curse Mark, it's dangerous to have a jutsu like Chidori that uses up alot of Chakra, which aggrivates his Mark. Also, Kakashi didn't let Jiraiiya take Naruto, Jiraiya took him, and it's not like Kakashi can say "no." I just think Kakashi was out of line to criticize Jiraiya because Jiraiya actually took time to train Naruto. Kakashi didn't. He had hus chance with Naruto as a student, and he blew it. Jiraiya knows, and cares, more about Naruto than Kakashi ever did, and cared to, so who is he to tell Jiraiya how to handle Naruto?

9. Basher

Sasuke could handle it that is what Kakashi thought. Naruto surprised him. Sasuke needed something because he got beat by Orochimaru. NARUTO was the one who did great against orochimaru.

But I am just guessing.

Kakashi isn't the type to show emotions well. He lost an important friend.

10. Silver Fang

Silver Fang New Member

Yeah, it's the same in Naruto's case. Even though it was risky, he needed it, for the Akatsuki. Kakashi just seems to be a hypocritical character.

11. Basher

Kakashi didn't know how to create it back then. So how can he teach him it?

It was small when he showed Naruto it in order for him to do the elemental jutsu.

Naruto now is the **** <3

12. Silver Fang

Silver Fang New Member

I'm not saying he's hypocritical because he didn't teach him Rasengan. I say he's a hypocrite because he tells Jiraiya that he shouldn't have entrusted Rasengan to Naruto, when he entrusted Chidori to Sasuke. Why is it (In Kakashi's eyes) he can teach his student a jutsu, but he didn't want Jiraiya to teach his student a jutsu for the same reason he taught Sasuke.

13. Basher

Never thought he said that. But in the Manga Jiraiya stops him from saying anything else.

Chidori is like a gun and rasengan is like a machine gun. Maybe another reason.

14. Silver Fang

Silver Fang New Member

Yeah. I know I probably sound like i'm being difficult, if so, I appologize. But that incident really made me mad. It's bad enough he didn't care enough about Naruto to train him, but he criticizes other teachers' way of trainin him. When Naruto was with Kakashi, he didn't train him, and pretty much just called him stupid all the time. Now, Naruto is with Jiraiya, and Kakashi still won't get off Naruto's case.

15. Basher

No problem here I guess I never saw it that way.

Naruto was a kid after all. Maybe Kakashi wanted him to grow up. No emotions is supposed to be the way of a ninja.

Hard to say. Why Kakashi treated naruto less then the others. If anything it gave Naruto strength. Sakura should have been the on treated less. I hated her when she was younger. Now she is okay.

16. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Whether you want to believe it or not, Silver, Naruto really could not be trusted. His hard-headedness caused him to get through a number of events, but it still makes him hard-headed. Naruto was known for being a poor influence and decision-maker, having the wrong ideas in mind. Just because a person CAN use a Jutsu does not mean that they SHOULD. Sasuke, up until that point, never showed anything but intelligence, wisdom and, for the most part, obedience - and he even had that sense of martyrdom.

17. Silver Fang

Silver Fang New Member

Well, Sasuke was power hungry, and revenge driven, so, yeah teach a kid like that an assassination jutsu. Also, I just think Kakashi was out of line to say anything to Jiraiya about Naruto because it was none of his business. Kakashi is obviously an elitest character, so he only trusts the genius that's like him. Kakashi pretty much just spoiled Sasuke, and neglected Naruto. I'm sure the only reason Kakashi trained Naruto in Shippuuden was for two reasons. Those two reasons are, Lack of Sasuke & embarrassment. Let me explain.
    1. Lack of Sasuke: Because when Sasuke was around Kakashi wouldn't look at, or think twice about, Naruto. If Sasuke were still around, Naruto wouldn't have recieved any kind of training from Kakashi. Kakashi would find some excuse to "not" train Naruto, and focus on Sasuke. Like teaching him Chidori variations, or more about Sharringan.
    2. Embarrassment: Think about it. Kakashi put all of his trust, love, and confidence in Sasuke. He took for granit that just becuase Sasuke was "like him" he'd change, and turn out like him. He trusted Sasuke to the extent that he taught him Chidori. Sasuke was his "genius' and "prized" student. Now, we get to Naruto. Kakashi obviously saw Naruto as the failure (the flunky). He didn't seem to have any faith in Naruto period. And, he curtainly didn't trust Naruto the way he trusted Sasuke. He was willing to spend all of his time, and money on Sasuke, a student that he had to try and sway from darkness. He was willing to put all of his money on a student that he had to take a gamble with. He was willing to take a gamble on Sasuke, but unwilling to give Naruto any chances, and uses Naruto's faults against him. Sasuke was the obvious favorite, and to Kakashi, Naruto was just the dead last with no talent. Then Sasuke, the student that Kakashi tusted so much, was the one that attacked a comrade, and ran off to train with a traitor, and Naruto the "flunky" was the one that proved to be more mature and loyal. Now, Kakashi is embarrassed as heck because he spent all of his time, and bragged on, a student that had no problem leaving & throwing all his teachings back in his face. So, he's spending his time on the "failue." Since, Naruto is all he has left. So, Kakashi is either sticking with Naruto out of shame, or I guess Naruto is a sad affection replacement since Sasuke left.
    I say this because, in Shippuuden, Kakashi is all over Naruto, and telling Naruto that he can surpass the fourth. Where was all this confidence, and faith, and "love" in part one? Jiraiya, Tsuande, and even Gamabunta & Gamakichi saw Naruto was great and had alot of potential. But for Kakashi, it takes three years, with no Sasuke, to take notice to Naruto (and how great he is).

18. geejay1221

geejay1221 New Member

i'd rather think otherwise.. kakashi hasn't got any favoritism.. he even trained naruto in shippuden and help him complete his new technique..
    how could he hate naruto? haha...

19. Basher

Remember that Kakashi saw all naruto's foolishness. He is VERY strict when it comes to ninjutsu. No one passed his test until the 3 now.

Jiraiya knows that there is more to Naruto then just being a hyper active ninja. I am going with in the past. Kakashi grew up during war time. If I remember right.

20. Chane

Chane Audience of One

He did. By the time he was thirteen, he was a jounin fighting in one of the Great Ninja wars not long after his bother committed suicide due to being "disgraced."