Kanako

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by Ciel, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

okees people. for those who have watched Love Hina Again, what did you think of Keitaro's sis? and where did she dig up the talking flying cat? lol. I loved Su's reaction to that thing...

2. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

From the manga(haven't seen again)...

I never really liked her much, could have been because all that incest stuff creeped me out. She never seemed like a great character really, I didn't think, kind of like a copy of Motoko, except less so, and perverted. By the by, the cat(Kuroi I think), doesn't actualy talk(I'm fairly sure), it's just Kanako ventriliquising(can you say scitzophrenic?).

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

She's an illuisionist, and like DL, creeped me out until we found out more about her. In the manga, all it seemed that she was there for was to play villain and slave driver for a couple of in-volume episodes...then stayed as a filler.

She's also very reminiscent of Tira Misu and Chocolat Misu...very into the S&M thing.

Anyway, all in all, she's pretty cool. Once you get past the whole, "I want Keitaro for myself" thing she's got. She *is* a lot like Motoko...and I think they get style from each other. They start dressing nominally alike...all black.

4. Sovin Ndore

Sovin Ndore New Member

Maybe I am biased by the bizzare sexual content at the beginning of the series (LH even puts the girls in towels before LHA, why does it suddenly go into feeling other girls up in the OVA?), the sick incestual relationship she is trying for, the deviation from one of the best anime series in the world, the , well you get the idea, but I loathed her character. I am not sure exactly what it is about her, but she did not seem so bad in the manga!? It may have been scriptwriting, animation, or any of a number of other things that put me off from her character, but . . .

I can't really talk, but the entire OVA struck me as an affront so it is only natural that I not like Kanako (anime version).

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

yah.. It was very creepy and disturbing when Kanako would flip up the girls' skirts, and that disturbing thing she did to Naru in public... oh remember what she did to Shinobu?? poor Shinobu...

6. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

sorry to say.. but it had to happen. Love Hina is a show about wish fulfillment and fanservice (yes there are worse). It was mega popular, so they added more. cmon, you know a lot of you watched it cause of all the girls. You're partly to blame! I'm half serious.

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Exiztone...

***********SPOILER************

They're step-siblings. Been so since they were small, when (by the anime) Keitaro promised to run Hinata-sou with Kananko.

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

*******RELIOPS******

Well, yeah, they say it in the manga...but they also say it in the anime.

9. WhiteDragonNall

WhiteDragonNall New Member

Kanako mentions it near the end of OVA 1.