Kaoru or Tomoe?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by *Fabee*, Oct 19, 2001.

?

Karou or Tomoe?

1. Karou *Tomoe WAS, Karou NOW*

27 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Tomoe *She had grabs on him 1st!*

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  3. Can't he be a 2-timer? *They both are Kenshin's love*

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. Okita

Okita New Member

I finally decided, and I chose Tomoe. I had trouble deciding, because I didn't understand why Tomoe left Kenshin for a while. I thought she did it because she wanted him to die, and then changed her mind, or something... But now that I've done a little manga research, I see and know how she was tricked.

I really have to say, that if Tomoe hadn't died, then Kenshin would have definitely chosen her over Kaoru. That's probably a fairly large factor. Kenshin and Tomoe just had a certain thing about them that fit...I'm not sure how to phrase it exactly...

2. Okita Souji

Okita Souji New Member

hard to say tomoe (woulndt the e make it toe-moe-ay) is the first person who touched kenshin but Kaoru is more fun (and pretty not that tomoe's bad)

3. kikyo5

kikyo5 New Member

I would say both, i once read a site that said that tomoe was probably just like kaoru when she was younger :sweat: :shy:

4. kikyo5

kikyo5 New Member

if it was who he ended up with then it certanetly would be Kaoru

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

as for Tomoe being like Kaoru...well shes not that much older than Kaoru...atleast at the time of her death she wasnt...she was only 18 Kaoru is 17. her family seems to be a well of family, perhaps a samurai family. she is able to write which to me says that he family was grooming her to marry a provincial samurai and to bring wealth upon the family. so i doubt she was much like Kaoru as a child.

6. kikyo5

kikyo5 New Member

well ok i never know what what age she was, i thought he was like 25 or so :sweat2:

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

well during those times a women was considered half way through marrying age by 18 so by 25 she would hardly be worth marrying.

8. kikyo5

kikyo5 New Member

wow i never knew that :bleed2:

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

by the age of 15 a boy was considered a man. and was also at the marrying age although a male could marry beyond just 25, but this would be odd.

10. kikyo5

kikyo5 New Member

were did you learn that stuff :anime:

11. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

You have to remember back then the life expectancy was shorter than it is now, therefore the age considered suitable for marriage was also sooner in accordance. Common sense would answer that question.

12. kikyo5

kikyo5 New Member

I know but they had the exact age

13. shippou

shippou New Member

hey

hey all......
    i voted for the 3rd option........
    sorry if y'all hate me for it.....
    but let him be a two timer ..........it will be his own fault when he is caught

14. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Let him be a two-timer? I didn't notice that that option existed.. that would be impossible since the one is already dead. My vote is still with Kaoru, Kenshin is so much happier when with her. But then again, Kenshin had reason to be unhappy with all the death around him when he was with Tomoe.

15. Duke of Wolfe

Duke of Wolfe New Member

Well, if I knew more about Tamoe, then, maybe I would have voted differently. At first, I thought that since Tamoe was his first love, he should stick with her. But, hey final vote was...Heh, let him be a two-timer... :sweat2:

16. Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk New Member

At first I'd say Tomoe since Kaoru didn't appeal to me. She didn't even act that attatched to Kenshin really - it seemed more like a "teenage crush". But when I saw the 2nd OVA I realised how much Kaoru had loved Kenshin (that last scene was, *sniff* so sweet)
    So I can't decide. I just hope Tomoe doesn't turn up again. THAT would be awkward for poor Ken-chan :sweat:

17. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

i liked the old kenshin the Battosai more than the nice new kenshin,and if tomoe didnt die he would still be the Battosai the time he meets Kaoru ,so i think he should end up with kaoru cuz she's prettier,more funny ,she dosent have a crazy in laws and the series wont be about a farmer life....

18. raziel's death

raziel's death New Member

i'd have to say tomoe but all three of them die anyway, both the girls die from kenshin, tomoe kinshin killed by accident and kyro got kenshin's sickness, even if she wanted to get it it was still form kenshin.

19. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

If Tomoe had lived Shinto would have died before he had a chance to renounce his blade. When Tomoe died it made Shinto realize his fault that it did. Kaouru just saved him from the pain, that she did. If you trully know the heart of the Hittokiri Battousai you would know that his path would want peace and love and not death and suffering...Kaoru is the choice I would have made....

20. raziel's death

raziel's death New Member

yea i know but it was just for the sake of this pole i would let him be a two timer because they both die. now if tomoe lived then he would most likly be a man slayer longer and Kaoru would not have died with kenshin. now what would have happened if kenshin did not give his sword away?