Kaoru or Tomoe?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by *Fabee*, Oct 19, 2001.

?

Karou or Tomoe?

1. Karou *Tomoe WAS, Karou NOW*

27 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Tomoe *She had grabs on him 1st!*

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  3. Can't he be a 2-timer? *They both are Kenshin's love*

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. coldzero

coldzero New Member

i think there are more people who like Kaoru better because i see a lot of Kenshin and Kaoru fanfiction than there are for Tomoe. Writers usually use tomoe sometimes as a first love in the story but it ends of with Kaoru being the one.

2. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

true that kaoru and kenshin make a funny and interesting couple but tomoe caught my eye.. i vote for her to be with kenshin... she is a strong girl also kaoru but i prefer tomoe...
    it somehow reminds me a lil of the last samurai... u guys know wut i mean those who have seen it..hehhe,,,,,

well.. tomoe u can do it!!!
    i like reflection alot...
    tomoe has some personalities like kaoru too...
    and well.. my second choice would be kaoru.. with out kaoru there wouldnt be Kenji ne minna san?
    Misao

3. Kawaii-neko163

Kawaii-neko163 New Member

Kaoru just makes the series funny..tomoe seemed to serious.

4. Himura Tomoe

Himura Tomoe New Member

another question: Would you rather have a woman who would seek for your revenge if you were murdered? or someone who would cry her eyeballs out and never get out of bed again?
    I MUCH rather prefer Tomoe, over baka-kaoru :rolleyes:

5. kenshinschica

kenshinschica New Member

me.... kaoru!!! I DID NOT BETRAY HIM AND NEVER WILL!!!!! i am also a hikitori like kenshin

6. hotaru~*

hotaru~* New Member

hard choice

well i think being a 2 timer is .. so un-kenshin like even as the battousai

it's a really difficult decision at first i thought tomoe coz she was the one who showed him how to live a normal life and how to love. i think he would become a farmer and live a quiet life with tomoe and sell vegetables and hide from the in-laws ^^. but then death sort of surrounds tomoe and that wouldn't be a very nice atmosphere to live in. although i think they would get along fine in the more peaceful times of the meiji, except would the meiji been able to come if kenshin settled down as a farmer?and kenshin and tomoe make a really nice couple.

kaoru is sort of like spring[to be poetic] she's like the new life that has dawned on kenshin she is full of energy and very forceful i think that life is much more un-peaceful but much more fun. i think the kenshin as he is in the series would enjoy being with kaoru they sort of grow together because i don't think tomoe's kenshin would go and ask aoshi to drink sake in the manner in which to have fun drinking. see as hiko would say sake is an essence of life, when tomoe's kenshin drank sake it was very thoughtfully admiring the cups and taste but the way in which kaoru's kenshin drinks sake is well he has fun with it he skuls it with sano the fox and tanuki fight over who wants to be served by "sir ken" and so on.

i think kenshin would still be with tomoe if she hadn't died the make a nice couple.
    i think kaoru and kenshin make a fun couple but they are very different and kaoru doesn't seem as deep as tomoe.
    but i think after tomoe lets kaoru be with kenshin and the scar disapears then kaoru and kenshin should be together.

so i think kaoru now and tomoe then but if tomoe didn't die kenshin wouldn't have changed to the more fun kenshin we know now and then he would have never become a rurouni and he would become a farmer

i just have to say i didn't really like the seiso OVA coz i don't think the relationship with kaoru being too serious worked well i mean she should be a bit serious having been thru so much but she just didn't strike me as the right kaoru in the OVA because the kaoru in the series tried to be happy or not so serious most of the time [except when kenshin wandered of to kyoto]. so i think i know by the age she was in the OVA she would have learnt to be happy and not so serious all the time because being so gloomy is a waste of life!

1 person likes this.
  7. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

well...you must also regard Kenshin, as a swordsmen. he is not of noble birth nor did his family do anything of merit to persuade the Shogun of the time to make his family a samurai family. but non the less he is a swordsman and it must be remembered that no matter who he loves his duty as a kenshi must be taken into consideration. When he left for Kyoto he left Kaoru behind, not only because he was afraid for her saftey but because in the end he was a "Ronin" (a true ronin is a samurai, i.e. noble birth etc, but for a lack of a better word i have placed him as a ronin (Rurouni isnt a reall word so...)). He didnt want to have to protect her from Shishio and his men because he knew she was too weak to be of any help and end up hindering his journey as well as his final fight to the death against Shishio Makoto. So, i say that Tomoe was a better women for him, not because she loved him more or anything like that, but that she didnt question nor interfere in his life as a swordsmen. she acted as a sheath for him, i.e. she kept his anger in check. "A sword must not be always kept in its scabbard or it will dull, but as it is it must not stay out all the time or it will rust with blood, the balance is what it means to be samurai".

Another thing about Tomoe is that she acted the part of his wife, as she should have at that period. things are different now, that is true, but at this point, ladies still had no power and were expected to be nothing more than a wife and mother. had Kaoru been around perhaps 100 years earlier then she would have been killed or made an outcast because of her ideological escape from being what she knew she had to be. but as that stands had she been around maybe 400 years before that, she would have been trained as a samurai and followed her husband into battle. but that was before the rules of the Samurai and the placement of classes had been put into effect, probably around the 1100's if not before. so...perhaps the placement of the time is what really makes the difference between Kaoru and Tomoe and perhaps the truly defining factor.

8. Circe Yami

Circe Yami New Member

To me, this may sound a little mean, but dead or not Tomoe may have been there first but Kaoru is there now and it doesn't matter if Tomoe loved Kenshin or not, Kaoru should be with Kenshin. (Wow, I sound like a b****)

9. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

;) Kaoru!! I chose Kaoru because I think ske care about Kenshin more than Tomoe did...sorry Tomoe fans. :D

10. Muse

Muse New Member

I think Tomoe and Kenshin make a great couple in Trust & Betrayal, and Kauru and Kenshin make a good couple in Rurouni Kenshin. The personality of Kenshin is very VERY different in the two. This is because the series is aimed toward a younger audience than the movie is.

If you look at it... Tomoe and Kenshin are a better couple because the movie is much more realistic when you look at the time period. (not to mention I think Tomoe is totally hot.)

But to compare the two would be unfair.