Karma Ratings Now Visible

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BakaMattSu, Jun 12, 2004.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I've decided to make it visible for all users to see who has posted Karma for you, be it good or bad. Remember that giving ratings is taken seriously on boards.jp and good or bad karma should not be given out without good reason. Abuse the system, and you will be dealt with accordingly.

-BMS

2. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

Heh, now THIS i like. now i can send private messages to all the people who gave me bad karma for posts which i think is NOT bad at all! i only got two people who gave me bad karma so i'll be sending them a greeting message from me very soon:) okay, i already did. Thank you so much BakaMattsu cause now people should use karma points more wisely:)

3. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I think its a good idea, but i only worry about whether people will start flaming due to bad karma that has been awarded. but anyways, thanx.

4. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

That's why it was never enabled in the first place. Please by all means try to keep it civil. A little bad karma won't hurt, everybody gets some.

If you think a bad karma message was excessively offensive, please report it to a moderator or an administrator. Flamers will be dealt with accordingly

1 person likes this.
  5. Dante

Dante New Member

Meh. It's nice to know who dislikes you or who's giving you bad karma because they loathe you now. ;P But I wouldn't doubt that some people would try to abuse this to know who to send trolling and flaming PMs to. :p But, y'know... maybe the majority would be able to remain civil.

1 person likes this.
  6. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

ha ha, well i'm not emailing the people with threats or anything because they gave me bad karma. it's just the ones i got i didn't believe i deserved and one person didn't leave an all too nice comment for me. i messaged a moderator or administrator (XD can't remember which one) about 3 weeks to a month, and i haven't had a reply yet. so i just sent a message to the people asking what i did wrong so that if it really was something wrong, i'll know not to do it in the future again. i'm trying to be civil *nods* :anime:

7. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Oh cool.. now I know who gave me the bad karma. ;)
    Question: how can you view all the karma points? I can only see the latest points...

8. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

And now I do too :)

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

In the future, when we issue out bad karma, we will all have to make sure we have a comment with a very good/mature reason why we gave the negative karma. If the receiver issues out flaming private messages to the giver, then they will be reported.

10. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

well thanks Amon for your "interesting" post. For me its not about the points, I couldnt care less about it, but its about the person who gave me the karma.
    So Im still wondering, could we view all of the karma points cuz I could only see the latest ones...

11. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Well, this is gonna be interesting, to say the least. XD

I would think that having the user's identity visible would definitely cut down the amount of bad karma given, since people will be more wary now that they can be easily identified - whether that's good or bad, or both, I have no clue. o_O

12. Valant Rapitor

Valant Rapitor A Hungry Weeble

While it would lower the amount of bad karma giving from spammers, it would also lower the amount of deserving bad karma. Double-edged sword, so to say. But the advantages far outweight the disadvantages, so it is good. At least, that's what I think.

1 person likes this.
  13. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Now, that is pretty damn cool. >> how do you view it? :sweat2:

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

User CP.

Just scroll down and look at the karma ratings. Right next to it, should be the name of the person who gave you what kind of karma.

15. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I don't quite feel comfortable with this change. Sure, it is nice to know; but have there really been enough abuses of the karma system to justify this?

Just throwing out an idea in relation to "karma comments", perhaps it would be better to automatically identify what post the karma was given out on (if that can be done).

16. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

If you click on the thread names in "Latest Reputation Received", it leads you to the specific posts which you received karma for.

1 person likes this.
  17. Valant Rapitor

Yoiks. Perhaps I should state my problem here.

I cannot seem to be able to see the names of my karma-ers, and because I have been proven that it is still a given feature by the assurances of others, I am just wondering the reason that I am not able to see it, if it wasna intended thing.

18. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

My mistake, Rapitor. It seems the "Game Masters" usergroup was unintentionally left out of the view ratings change. That's corrected now, so you should be able to view it properly.

19. Valant Rapitor

Heh, that seems to be fine, then. Thank you.