Kenshin or Sanosuke

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Zero Enna, Apr 2, 2003.

?

KENSHIN OR SANOSUKE

1. KENSHIN HIMURA (Battousai, nice guy, ect)

42 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. SANOSUKE SAGARA (Zanza, strange, ect)

19 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) I agree, Kenshin is a very nice guy, I like Himura Kenshin. For his fighting abilities, they are just phenominal.:D

2. endless_pain

endless_pain New Member

i like them both! because they're both kawaii!:D

3. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

Deffinatly Kenshin. He's sweet luvable. hugable, and just a good person. Plus he knows how to put his money where his mouth is.

4. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) Sano can be very cute at times, but my vote still goes to Himura Kenshin, the all around nice guy. :D Sorry, Sano.

5. Duke of Wolfe

Duke of Wolfe New Member

I am posting here, though i di not vote in the poll.
    Kenshin is strong, quick and fast thinking, and wise. He is also strong in the mind. He holds his past within him secretly, not letting himself go, at the same time, being able to keep a certain clarity of mind.
    However, Sanosuke Sagara has is own unique state of mind. He also has is own past to keep in mind, but above all else, he is strong physically, but also in his own mind. He can fight, especially, in the later part of the series, and he can keep up with changes in his life, and go along with whatever comes his way, without losing his mind, like many have, excluding Hemura.

1 person likes this.
  6. kenshnzgrl

kenshnzgrl New Member

i like kenshin because he is cute :anime:

7. luvs_toya

luvs_toya New Member

:catgirl: I luv Kenshin!??! :catgirl:

8. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

i think they're both cool but i think kenshin's cuter

9. Zanbato

Zanbato New Member

In a fact Kawakami Gensai was executed at 4th year of meiji, he was executed because of a crime that he did not commit. And most of the charecters of RK are based on real life people from bakumatsu. Saitô Hajime was really 3rd captain of Shinsengumi, and Seta Sôjirô is based on Shinsengumi's Okita. Only charecter that didn't exist in any form was Shishio. And back to the topic, I'll say Kenshin, no need for explaining ne?

Sorry for bad english
    :sweat2:

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

well to be honest him being killed for a crime he didnt commit is more likely a cover up. He was a shadow Hitokiri, his job was to assassinate people with out it really being known. He knew things that would ruin the government if it were to come to light...so to be exact both Kenshin and Shishio were based on Kawakami Gensai. as for most of the characters being real...thats been brought up a hundred times so...please take a look before posting ok?

11. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

Hey, wasn't Sagara Sanosuke based off the Shinsengumi 10th squad captain, Harada Sanosuke? I mean that's what I'm asking, I know there has to be some information on either Sagara Sanosuke or Harada Sanosuke. :anger2:

12. Hitokiri_Gensai

yes he was. not much is known about his previous history...although after the Shinsengumi was disbanded there are several popular myths about his disappearence. the first just simply says that he was killed. the second says he stowed away on a ship to the main land. and the third says that he became a pirate along the coastline. as for his status in the Shinsengumi he was the leader of the Juu ban tai and carried a Yari. he was supposedly a lot like Sano, liked a good fight and often drank Sake.

13. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

Thanks, that clears up some detail, I've read in some sources that Harada Sanosuke and Sagara Sanosuke both like to brawl as well drinking a lot of Sake. :dizzy2:

14. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

Nice Zanbatou Sano! But Kensin has this one! Cause if i dont recall it was Kensin who reduced your Zanbatou down to size. So Kensin and his Sakabatou all the way!!!

15. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

Harada Sanosuke carried a Yari, of course Sagara Sanosuke is modeled off of the Juuban Tai Kumichou Harada Sanosuke.

16. Hitokiri_Gensai

interestingly enough there isnt such a sword as a zanbatou. more than likely its been patterned off the No-dachi. which is more or less the same although not physically the same. The No-dachi was a long sword typically between 5-6 shaku *note* when measuring a katana or any japanese sword it is measure from the kissaki (tip) to the mune machi (back notch where the habaki (friction point) rests) so in saying the it measured 5-7 shaku is reering only to the blade length not the tsuka (handle)*note end*. although there are a few specimens with battle marks it was more for intimidation purposes. generally a No-dachi was made from a single piece of hard steel, called a Maru temper. if used at all initially it was swung from a crouching position once and then discarded. closer to a yari or naginata it was carried over the shoulder in a long scabbard.

17. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

Oh, I'm being to see the picture, in the show, Sagara Sanosuke used the zanbatou, but actually as you said before, the zanbatou didn't exsit in real life. As before, Harada Sanosuke used a Yari.

18. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i cant believe u if u like sanosuke better than kenshion u suck. i mean come on. i know that sanosuke has a hard past to overcome but kenshion has a harder one to deal with because of all the people he killed. also kenshion helps out at the dojo,and with Cairo, baby sitting, and Yahiko. Finally kenshion helps the government to help stop man slaughter while sanoske justs fights. he sometimes wants to protect. now, if u still like sanosuke better u still suck.

19. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

I like Kenshin, sometime he just pops into my dreams, Kaoru liked Kenshin for who he is and not for who was during the Bakumatsu. Kenshin uses a sakabato to protect people, not to mention he wander for ten years until he met Kaoru. I don't know I'll say about Sanosuke, but Kenshin is a good man, okay, so Sano. :dizzy2:

20. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

You sound like you're trying to argue that Kenshin is a better person than Sanosuke. First off, liking one or the other is personal preference, often based mainly on which character a person can identify with more. Because it's opinion and preference, there really isn't a "right answer" - and honestly, the way you've stated your own opinion is outright rude. No one "sucks" just because they don't see this the same way you do. And insulting people is never a good way to sway them to your side of the argument.

And, while we're at it, please learn to spell the characters' names before you start putting other people down for their preference, m'kay?

Personally, I never decided which I liked better. It's been a long time since I saw the subs, too. Most of the cast has some form of tragedy or hardship to deal with, some more than others - but there's more to a character than just how screwed up they are/were, and honestly, a character doesn't have to be a good person for me to like them. I've liked some outright evil bastards in my time, because they're fictional characters - so I can like them based on their looks, personality, charm, even if I wouldn't be able to stand them in real life. XD