Kenshins good but good enough to beat Inu??

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Inu/Kenshin, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Inu/Kenshin

Inu/Kenshin New Member

Inu VS. Kenshin??

2. Tomoe Himura

Tomoe Himura New Member

heh...

You gotta be kidding! I bet it would be an even match! No one can
    beat Kenshin and no one can beat Inu!

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

well honestly Kenshin has much skill knowledge of sword techniques a very fast moving tactical mind. Inu Yasha has incredibe strength plus the Kaze no Kizu and the Tetsusaiga so i think really Inu Yasha would win. one strike with the Tetsusaiga's Kaze No Kizu would be devestating and most likely shatter even the Sakabatou Shinuchi.

4. C-chan

C-chan New Member

Those two really don't compare. Inuyasha is basically a fantasy series, and the characters' abilities are hardly realistic, to say the least. Rurouni Kenshin, for all the flashy moves in it, is a lot closer to reality than the other series. Their techniques may stretch the bounds of real physics, but it works well in the physics of the RK continuum. So any comparison between Inuyasha and Kenshin is an excercise in futility.

Now, if you were serious about that question, then I can definitely say that faced against each other in a one on one situation, Inuyasha will definitely win. Why? He's a half-demon, and his abilities far outweigh that of any normal human, and Kenshin, for all his strength, is still a normal human.

1 person likes this.
  5. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

if they were to fight each other it would be interesting.

speed factor would probably go to kenshin.

the techniks factor would go to kenshin.

the support would go to inu though with his group of friends.

inu also has his claws if he doesn't have his sword and kenshin doesn't have anything but his sword so that would be interesting.

i have absolutly no idea on who would win.

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

Inu Yasha is infintely more powerful and faster than Kenshin...Inu Yasha would beat him hands down..no question about that. but as stated Inu Yasha is a fantasy series, and you cannot compare them to a more or less realistic show.

7. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I never did get the point of these kinds of questions. It's completley subjective, I think, and honestly, like C-chan pointed out, not something you can really compare.

What do I think? Well, InuYasha would make a lovely pillow to cuddle up with (provided he gets de-clawed xD), but I think when it comes to fighting, you have to give it to the more realistic series. Could a demondog-anthro really do those moves?

8. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

If you're going to do character match-ups, it makes a lot more sense to stick within the same basic genre. Cross-genre pairings just don't work, as has already been pointed out.

Also, the question is rather vague. Inuyasha vs. Kenshin... in what? A swordfight? A game of chess? A karaoke contest? When I saw the thread title, I actually wondered for a minute if the subject was the characters, or the anime series themselves.

Personally, I'd go with Kenshin. If normal physics were applied, he has greater skill and already comes from a moderately realistic setting. If, however, Kenshin was placed in a fantasy setting - well, he would still have his skill, and he could potentially gain a magical weapon. Besides, Inuyasha tends to win often through nothing more than convenient plot twists.

9. Maskai

Maskai New Member

I think Kenshin would win in a chess match, but Inu could probably beat Kenshin at poker.

10. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

its really hard to decided on this one. They are both powerful and have lots of support from their friends. But i'm going to agree with HG on this thread guys. Even if Kenshin did get a hit with the doryusosen, Inuyasha would still win. Kenshin would be able to block all his claw attacks and punches and possibly his sword (when he swings it around)but thats it. Kenshin can not go up against the wind scar or inu's newest attack (sry haven't been watching it latly). Those are just too powerful and Kenshin would see that and tell him it was a draw and then walk off and then Inu wouldn't like the answer and attack him from behind. :sweat2:

11. Hitokiri_Gensai

well, the Dou Ryuu Sen is a fairly weak attack. by most standards its only good as a suprise attack. if he had a chance at all it would be to use the Ama Kakeru Ryuuno Hirameki. Because of the speed of the attack the blade actually seperates the air and creates a void. which was demostrated against Shishio. it seems almost as powerful as the void in Miroku's hand, which Inu Yasha had a hard time going up against when they first met. so, while being dragged into the void Kenshin would complete the second step of the Ama Kakeru Ryuuno Hirameki. but...honestly...the Sakabatou Shinuchi would just break...thats all there is too it...Kenshin carries a more realistic sword than Tetsusaiga, which, would just break upon the first strike.

12. Dante_Torashin

Dante_Torashin New Member

if you're going to compare Kenshin's speed to InuYasha's, Kenshin would win. so i believe that Kenshin would be fast enough to dodge all the attacks of InuYasha. though you can't compare their strength. But i believe speed is better than strength. so in other words i believe Kenshin would win.

13. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

hn.

Okay, that would be soooo unfair. As in Inuyasha can heal himslef and well he is part demon! Kenshin as we all know is human, you know he can get sick and die from huge impacts, like what Hitokiri_Gensai said. So that would be that Inuyasha would win.... :rolleyes: but that doesn't mean I'm not cheering for Kenshin! Go Uncle Kenny!!!! :anime: :anime: :anime:

14. Blue_TiGeR

Blue_TiGeR New Member

with all the diffrent between ken and inu .. i think Ken would win with no dout..he was the Batosai and he wouldnt have much trouble defeting Inu
    ...they both have speed but Kenshin have experyons(cant rem the spli)
    in sowrd than Inu...so Kenshin win :anime:

15. Sanyu

Sanyu Member

I'll have to side with Kenshin on this one, only becuase of a lot of the reasons brought up here (SOWWIE INU!!) The realistic setting, the speed, and because he is (or was) the Battousai, etc. And, lol, yea I reckon inu would win at poker against kenshin too :sweat:

--Beauty :catgirl:

16. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

well i still say kenshin calls it a draw and inu wins because it's knowing your strength and also the opponites. and kenshin wouldn't fight him at all because he would know his and inu's and compare and then inu wouldn't be happy and still attack him... so i won't change my mind! :sweat2:

17. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

inuyasha will defiatly win, and plus, im a loyal inuyasha fan, but thats not the point. inuyashas a half demon so he has all those powerful atacks, so so he would win.

18. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan New Member

Erm . . . have you paid ANY ATTENTION AT ALL to either of those series? I'd say Kenshin and (what a thought!) I can actually back up my opinion with points from the show.

1)Inuyasha's Testsusaiga, which is his main weapon, won't work on humans. It won't transform into a fang. He'd have to fight with claws, or a rusty old sword.

2)Kenshin is far more skilled. We've seen how much trouble our dear incompetant has had with Sesshoumaru, whom he COULD use Tetsusaiga on. Without his sword, against a skilled opponent, he'd die.

3)Inuyasha has even MORE problems with fast opponents. And Kenshin is very fast. Kenshin would simply read his movements (not that hard with Inuyasha-he charges and then swings), counter them, then disable the half-demon.

Just a point-
    This thread is pointless. Kenshin won't kill people, and Inuyasha wouldn't be able to kill Kenshin. A stalemate is guarenteed, unless something crazy happened in the midst of the fight. A bolt of lightning, perhaps?

19. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan New Member

Kenshin fought Sanosuke, didn't he? And for no other reason then Sano asked him to.

20. Hitokiri_Gensai

firstly, yes i have payed attention to the series, more Kenshin than Inu Yasha. I wouldnt be a moderator in the Kenshin Forum if i hadnt. ive seen the series more than 20 times that including the OVA and i have the entire Manga series, which i had shipped from Japan.

regardless of whether Inu Yasha can use his sword or not he still has the strength of a demon, Hanyou or not. Rurouni Kenshin is based in a more or less realistic world. I.E. the laws of physics and gravity do apply, somewhat. obviously, its physically impossible to jump as high as many of the characters do in Rurouni Kenshin. but remember, although the Sakabatou is a strong sword its still based in a realistic world. therefore, it has limits. and being a Reverse Bladed sword it cannot cut and regardless of that, being a demon, Inu Yasha could very easily catch and destory a a sword. and while we are on the subject of swords. The Tetsusaiga is a strong sword, even when its in its normal state. infinitly stronger than any human blade. So, Kenshin's realistic blade against a demon sword is not an even match at all. even tho its rusty and beat up its still forged from the fang of Inu Yasha's father.

yes it is true that Inu Yasha is somewhat incompitent he still is a demon. so his strength makes up for a lack of weapons or skill.

Its true that Kenshin is remarkably fast and can read his opponents movements, but those are human movements. not the movements of a demon. regardless of the fact that Inu Yasha couldnt stand up to Sesshoumaru, he still is infintitly faster than any human no matter how skilled. Kenshin is human and like all humans has limits as he proved over and over again in different battles. Inu Yasha's claws are like steel and just as sharp, and although he lacks the skill and expierence that Kenshin has he still is superior in strength.