Kensin w/ or w/out his scar?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by sakabatou, Feb 9, 2004.

1. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

Which do u think he should have....i like the scar showing that his past life battles and people recongize him that way.

2. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

I agree, I rather have Kenshin with his cross-shaped scar, he is more regconizible with the scar. :sweat2:

3. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

yeah and its shows power and skill ...i dont know why but it does and its a sign of his past which formed his future

4. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

Yeah, sure it does. :dizzy2:

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

its an odd sign...perhaps its not so much as something to prove his worth but a constant reminder of his past mistakes...if i were Kenshin i wouldnt want them on my face...an unbreakable tie to a past life of killing...

6. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

i wouldnt mind having it you can't change ur past so u might as well move on to ur future and make up for ur mistakes as we do.

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

true true but its a mark on ones heart...its just a constant reminder of past mistakes...regardless of if one corrects...

8. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

yeah scar give memories and without that scar he might of still been a battosai. It was her death and the last part of his scar that changed him.

9. Inuyasha_Ownage

Inuyasha_Ownage New Member

o yes the scar is a definate... it is there to remind him of his past life and his mistakes and to help him to never return to that way of life again

10. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I agree with you. But can someone fill me in. who did it to him and how?? :dizzy2:

11. Hitokiri_Gensai

major spoilers

the longer scar he recieved in a fight against a samurai known as Kiyosato Akira who was Yukishiro Tomoes fiancee. the second one Tomoe gave to him as she died. he was fighting the leader of the dark arts. he was going to kill him when Tomoe jumped in front of him and stopped the dark arts leader but Kenshin was to far into his attack and killed Tomoe as well....while she was dying in his arms she crossed the scar with her knife.]

Spoiler end

as for scars...i have one on my shoulder that i have to live with...its a scar from a time when i should have protected a friend, like afool i didnt...and i found a knife in my shoulder...was perhaps an odd cercimstance, but none the less i have to live with my guilt...but...its not something that i like having...i dont like the memories...

12. Inuyasha_Ownage

Inuyasha_Ownage New Member

couldnt have put it better myself

13. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I would think that Kenshin would prefer to not have the scar. It's what identified him as the hitokiri to his opponents, well his red hair did too but I don't think he would dye that XD Like what others said it is a reminder of his mistakes, a life that he wants to put behind him and attone for. When the scar dissapeared I think it symbolized that he finally attoned for all of his sins.

14. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

I would say with. he might look good with out it, but like he said it's part of his past and he can't forget that. :catgirl: and you can't run away i know i've tried many times.

15. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Scar. I mean with it you get his strong his aura along with him, very sexxy.

16. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

But he is not trying to make his scar disappear. He is forgiving his sins but now protecting lives to make up for the ones tooken by his sword is the only way he will get over his sins but deep down he will always carry that scar in his soul and heart.

17. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

the scar is a part of kenshin. i don't think i would have as much compassion for kenshin if he did not have the scar. and if he did not have the scar i don't believe his touching past would be the same, and that is what I like most about kenshin. :anime:

18. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

definatly with his scar. without it he would just be another face in the crowd except is red hair would be a little clue of his identity. without his scar he isn't kenshin to me.

19. Aya Nekoneko

Aya Nekoneko New Member

The scar is so symbolic I can't find any reasoning for him not to have it. @_@ Like everyone's said, it's a part of him and it's his tragic past...

But in terms of looks, he did look better without the scar (then again, most people do)... during the earlier bits of Tsuiokuhen of the Jinchuu arc, namely.

20. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

have you seen guys trying to recognize Kenshin without the scar? :anger2: :dizzy2: