Keyboard Magazine Japan - 25th Anniversary Issue

Discussion in 'Tomita' started by ndkent, Jul 27, 2004.

1. ndkent

ndkent Moderator

The July 2004 issue of Keyboard (Japan) has a cover incorporating collage elements including a small but easy to spot picture of Tomita. Inside the issue opens with a recently made 4 page interview. There are some current pictures of him outside in a park plaza in Shinagawa with Hideki Matsutake. I'm sure it's current though I notice Tomita's hair and glasses are pretty much the same as everyone is used to. There is a shot of him inside looking over a full score also. Matsutake has long hair and looks the same age as he looked in the 1980s if not more hip. I guess I mention this because I can only read Tomita's name and words in roman latters.

So in the Roman letter department it starts with several mentions of the Moog III, then one mention of the System 700. Later he talks about sequencer software. They ask him about using Nuendo on a PC then he goes into Opcode Studio Vision - which he used on "Bach Fantasy" and other projects around then. Then he mentions Cubase and Digital Performer- which makes me guess he was talking about using a Mac and Studio Vision to sequence and record (probably via Pro Tools hardware) and then running into the impass that Gibson, the guitar company bought Opcode then after I guess maybe 12? 18 months of lackluster sales they pulled the plug quite literally halting development and real support. (actually you can get it legal and free these days- but with no tech support and it won't run in OSX)

-nick

tyring to go to Japan in about 10 days