Square Enix Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Suzu, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

SO It's released in the US for the GBA?! Anyone can inform us of the game play and everything. UK will have to wait until Feburary 2005 ... I think...

1 person likes this.
  2. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

i found a review at gamespot.com. click here: review

it says you just fight through all the worlds again fron KH1 only with sora only. donald and goofy are still there but you only fight with sora. it also says that "chain of memories" is supposed to be like a KH 1.5 that ties KH1 and KH2 together somehow.

3. Aya-Kun_Is_Mine

Aya-Kun_Is_Mine New Member

Ya it sucks being in england having to wait so long, thought i guess it doens't have a region lock so i could just import it lol

I looks good thought. Ya chain of memories is what happens straight after KH1 and before KH2 if i remember right

4. D.T.

D.T. New Member

It is cool, but I'm not happy that they let it out for GBA. I'm not really fond of my purple one. Anyway, The game was looking slick when they introduced it on the Japanese version, the sad thing is that the graphics just arn't as good as the PS2 (Though, then agian this is GBA graphics, I guess it is good)

5. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

i know what you mean. they should have kept it consistant and keep it on the ps2. i dont even have a gba and sont feel like spending the meney on it.

im not too crazy about chain of memories. for 1- the graphics, 2- my friend told me that you have to summon your allies to the batle to help you out, and 3- i dont think there are any new worlds, you fight through the previous ones.

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The most heart-rendering thing about the game is that it's turned into a card-based game! Still, I can imagine why they'd put it into the GBA instead though, and thus having to use a card system.

But, anyway, I'll probably read up on the synopsis instead of actually playing through the game...as far as GBA Sque-Enix games go....I'd rather spend my money on Final Fantasy I & II : Dawn of Souls.

7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Turn card based games are somewhat good, but they are tiring the more you play. I'd say Final Fantasy I&II or Tactics will be cashed in instead of Chain of Memories...

- Teddz

8. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I love the graphics for this game. The best I've seen for a GBA game. Story and gameplay are okay, but not the best. This game is worth time and money!

KaiyonTormentor

9. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i want it a lot because i want to know what happens next in the seris
    am a little sad that ts on gba but i already own one
    as 4 graphics i think they look pretty good for the size of the characters and the system
    those are my opinions

10. Strawberrypocky

Strawberrypocky New Member

Kingdom Hearts CoM

Yes Yes KH CoM is realesed
    the epologie to KH
    and the prologe to KH2
    Sora, Donald and Goofy are in the game
    but they dont fight on your team
    you have to summon them with cards And such

When you beat the game with Sora
    You get to play it over
    with Riku
    calling it Kingdom Hearts: Reverse/Rebirth
    So its not so bad once you beat it both times.

11. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Well I was quite devistated when playing Chaing of Memories. The whole card system sucks and is really hard to work with. The game play on the other hand kind of balances it out.

Bosses really are not much of a challange. I have breezed through the game and in about 10 hours of play time found my self in Hollow Bastion, but Malifiscent is quite a challange.

But Why would they put it on GBA? And, Why the card system?

If you really think about it, the real time battle menu from the PS2 KH wouldnt fit very well in the little GBA screen. The Card system was their way of fixing that I suppose. But you would think they would have some better idea, wouldnt you? I hope they dont carry it into Kingdom Hearts 2.

Then, the reasoning behind it being on GBA. I would asume, that it would probably cost more to put it on PS2. And the game doesnt seem to be very long one, and its only a "bridge" between KH and KH2. It probably would have been a waste. But they really should have tried to include Chain of Memories into KH2, instead of Seperating it.

Graphics, are nice for GBA. The Cinimas, though few are kind of, almost as graphic as the PS2. :)

And thats my review XP

12. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

love the game i am on the reverse/rebirth play through
    game is good for GBA because it is short
    i think that if you don't play chain of memories you won't understand everything in kingdom hearts 2 when it comes out completly
    just my opinion

13. Inu04Koga

Inu04Koga New Member

i love the game too but im stuck on some part in rebirth:( but its ok. oh and there was a limited edition kingdom hearts gameboy advance sp that comes with KH: chain of memories! i found a pic and i just had to have it! this is wat it looks like.
    http://gc.advancedmn.com/images/media/KingdomHearts_GBASPPack.jpg

Cool, huh? i bought it off ebay!!! its coming in like a week from belgium.