Knights of the old Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Kaiyon, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

STAR WARS
    KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC

It is a time of danger for the Galactic Republic. With its systems endagered by the evil Lord Malak, the Jedi Knights are being needed more than ever. Malak gained the title of Dark Lord of the Sith when Revan was killed in his own ship by Bastilla's Crewmembers. Now, Darth Malak seeks Bastilla, and her powerfull ability of Battle Meditatioin, which has helped the Republic in many key battles.

The Story: You start our in a Republic Ship, and Malak has begun to attack it. You start out not knowing who anyone around you is. From then, and everything else in the story, theres quite a lot of twists and turns. Many secrets can be revealed near the end of the game. And you can also be glad that good characters like Canderous Ordo ,HK-47 and T3-M4 will be available for use in the next installment.

Design: Everything in the game looks great. There are some details overlooked on the worlds though. For example, they have based Tatooine exactly off the movie, and it looks almost like the movie version (and same as used in other games) except its 4,000 standard years and nothing has changed.
    Still, be glad some things haven't, like evil corporations such as The Exchange or Cerzca Federation. You could get into thsi game like nothing, if it didnt take you hours to get off the first planet, Taris.

Graphics: Great for their time, and exeptional. Although a few times in the game, you will find that there is a low framerate and the graphics are the same in its sequel, you wont curse about them. And you'll be glad the sequel looks like the first game.

Sound: Its not the best, but its getting there, and its close. Sounds for blasters arent completly in tune with the rest of the game at times. Blasters could sound extremly loud and annoying in a big fight, but you'll be glad one of your teammates had a blaster to back you up.

Gameplay: Its one of the best. And although you dont get to press in the exact combo you want your character to make, its still a little difficult keeping youself alive against a horde of enemies. And as for the rest, shifting to the Dark or Light side is good, but not compared to your teammates following along with you through influence. Nevertheless, different actions leave you with different stories.

Kaiyon gives KOTOR a 9 out of 10.

Choose your path wisely!

- Kaiyon

PS: I HAD to rate this game.

2. Guts

Guts 100 man slayer

The best Star Wars game I have ever played. This game was great, not only was it long and sometimes challenging, the story line was great. I hit a few glitches while playin but nothing serious. I only wish that you could get ALL of Revans gear. I got the body army but I cant find a mask exactly like his. and you cant put his hood up.

I give the game a 9 out of 10.