Kuchiki Byakuya *Uncovered!*

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Suzu, Mar 2, 2005.

?

Kuchiki Byakuya - A baddie or a goodie?

1. Good person

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Bad Person

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Cannot Decide

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Contains Spoilers: Anime Episodes 20+ up and Manga Chapter 138-179

I need to work more on the way I choose my titles. Ahem... Emotions are things shinigami don't need... Therefore he accepts the idea of his little Sister being executed, and doesn't decide to oppose the law.
    In Chapter 138, he looks at what seems to be a "shrine?"(what do you call it? A picture of a deceased person: I know there is a noun ) ... Anyways he looks at the potrait of a person called Hisana before attending the execution ceremony.
    Later on in Chpter 167, he fights Ichigo, and claims that he loses, and tells him the reason why he want Rukia killed.
    After listening to his Character theme, "Je chanter pour passer le temps" by Giovanni Mirabassi, I get the feeling that this character is really deeply saddened, locking up all his feelings of saddenss, grief, and pain inside his heart. There is something Kubo has not revealed to us yet... his relationship with the characters Hisana and Kaien. And the reason why the Kuchiki family decided to adopt a commoner, Rukia who lack both talent and skill... Anyone has any theories or speculations they'd like to share?

Do you think that this character is completely heartless person or does he have a good side? Feel free to vote as well...

2. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

He fought the intruders (Ichigo) and he believes in the law (execution of his sister). That doesnt make him a bad guy.

3. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Now I feel that my poll is pointless lol! I'd agree, but why doesn't he show any emotions! Come one Byakuya have a heart, show us some signs that you care about your sister! T___T

4. SteamedRice

SteamedRice New Member

I find those hair pieces that he wears to be ammusing.. It's like he's getting a perm...

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

He's not a bad person, just severely confused. I see him even joining the good guys sice-by-side in fighting ultimate evil later on.

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'll fix this bump! Chapter 176:
    Chapter 176 was a real treat! I was hoping he'd come and totally forgot before the last page. haha. Now that he knows he's been deceived, he's all out to protect his sister!
    Byakuya really is a good guy, he, like almost everyone else has been confused. His strong sense of duty to his job and Soul Society really kicked his duty to family out the door. I still can't accept his actions there, but I know he was torn inside.

7. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

It sure was ^__^! But he has a lot to explain! Is he still protecting the law or has he understood what he really wants to protect? Not to forget any nice flash backs with hisana! I really want to know his past so that I can understand his character better. Anyone agrees?

8. SteamedRice

SteamedRice New Member

Not bad at all

Chapter 176 was a real shocker.. Well it was a great way to express Brotherly love.. Good job man!

9. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Well, I guess I am wrong. Darn spoilers. Anyway after reading that he is a good guy. But I couldn't stand the fact about no human emotions. It is what makes us differnet from certain animals.

10. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Chapter 179 spoiler

Well then, Byakuya history and hisana were well explained in chapter 179
    It turns out that he was confused and couldn't take any action, therefore he let things go with the flow. :) Wonderful chapter! Byakuya is not our "ice cube" of a character. He has shown us his warm caring and feeling side, therefore he's now officially declared as a good guy who is misunderstood *STAMPS POST*... any objections, argue differently? Then, please feel free to post! :D

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I loved chapter 179, it tells us a lot in regards to Rukia and Byakuya and who Hisana really was. I thought he'd say Rukia was Hisana's clone or a reincarnation of her or something haha.. none of that would have made sense anyways.

and side note, Orihime kicks butt!
    I mean heals.. butt.

12. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Well, I give this a Yes-&-No answer ^^;
    I mean, the least he could do be nice towards his sister :/

Anyway, after reading chapter 176, I almost cried of happiness :')

13. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

I knew it. Waaah. Byakuya is just so cute. What with his locked away emotions and hidden love for his sibling.