Death Note L or Near?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Peachy, Jul 27, 2008.

?

L, Near, or Mellow?

1. L

75.0%
  2. Near

25.0%
  3. Mellow or Mello. However.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I believe if L had more time he would have eventually done the deed. I have no fondness whatsoever for Near until the very end when he had all three of those little dummies of him, Mellow, and L. That was cute and amusing. I finished the series before the last episode appeared on Adult Swim not too long ago. I'm sure many have already seen the ending due to that.

Let's get to the point. L or Near?

Or do I HAVE to put Mellow in there? =( Forgive if i spelled the name wrong.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

L was smarter then Near. But Near and Mello together made them smarter than L or Light.

Light was the smartest alone.

L would have never of won. He knew it. So he knownily died to leave the rest up to that organization. If he was smarter then Light he would have come up with a way to not to have to appear in front of him. Light tricked a death god can't get smarter than that.

In DN 13 how to read.

L knowledge is a 8.
    Light is 9.
    Mello is 7.
    Near is 9. Though he admits L is smarter with the help of Melo they will surpass L.

3. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I see. I understand the meaning of Near having those dummies in his hand when he defeated Light. Together they beat Light.

Thank you Basher. I see Death Note in a better light. God that was a great anime.

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

That above citing confuses me. Near admitting L is smarter than him, that is. Going by the scale given, he is either mistaken or his own number is off.

Mello never really came across as too bright to me. Is my memory missing something about the character? I know he had a hand in helping Near best Light, but he overall didn't seem that intelligent.

5. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I didn't think he really was as well. Like Basher said, combined L, Near, and Mello. I don't think either Near or Mello were that intelligent on their own. Near was close to L in intelligence but a whole lot more than Mell

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Makes sense.

As far as IQ goes we all now how they are not accurate. No street smarts and it helps if you are good in math. So maybe that explains it. Near had a little something more then L but he knew overall he wasn't smarter.

Lesson to be learned in Death Note. When a genus gets bored we should all fear. :D

7. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

you know i'm bored
    so let me go and kill a bunch of criminalas.
    and then get a death god to follow me around only to kill me in the end,
    and trick some girl into thinking i am the sexiest thing that entered teh earth.

L owns near. bottom line!!~
    maybe i've had too much to drink.