Death Note L vs Light

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Basher, Feb 17, 2007.

?

Who's side are you on?

1. Light

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. L

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Even if you have read the manga, watched the anime, and know what happens...

Who side are you on?

Is there a good side and an evil side?

I am for Light.

If I 'think' about it Light is the evil side. But I partially agree with what he did. But only to murders, killers, and etc.

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I am for L. His intelligence knew no limits and I think Light could never compare. He was a genius but don't mix them up. L surpassed him even though..well yeah. Light had more power in different ways. I personally think there is no side evil or good. Two different opinions and two different people desperate to "win" if you know what i mean.
    "Win" in Death Note language wins who dies first. har har.

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I think what really appealed to me with Death Note's story was how there wasn't a complete black or white classification for Light. He fell into a grey area. Despite more or less assuming the position of a god of death or retribution, I could see where he was coming from and understand his ambitions and goals.

L was a curious character in the fact that he was nowhere normal himself. His eccentricities could be ignored because I was reminded time and again that a genius was buried under it all.

It's hard to pin down exactly what side I was rooting for. Every time I thought one of the two had the other beat they'd turn the tide and the game of cat and mouse began anew. If I was forced to consider which side I was leaning towards ultimately rooting for, it would be Light. I wanted him to get away with it all and was looking for the moment where he could ensnare L.

After Near took over L's position, there was no doubt I was rooting for Light's side. Near could never hold a candle to L's characterization and the rivalry between L and Light.

4. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I think that the Death Note made Light evil. When he gained his memories he also changed his goals (from defeating Kira to ruling the world), and that kinda doesn't fit for me.

Still, I loved Light's determination, it's been an inspiration for my way of life.

Just a thought.

5. Basher

Light did get crazy there that is why I think...geniuses are more scary when they go insane.

He did have a point only way for an Utopian society is to force it.

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I'm all up for L.

Even though what Light was doing was reducing crime by scaring people through the death penalties, but he had killed some innocent people in the way calling them a 'sacrifice that had to be made'.

If he really stuck to just killing criminals, I would probably hesitate a little, but in the end, he has no right playing God and taking other people's life.

7. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

( It was quite funny because I had *found* Death Note and decided to watch it. I really loved it! then it come out on Adult Swim in the US, and I was like whoa!!! Thats sweet)

Anyway. I really loved Light. I also just enjoyed this anime itself. It got you so deep inside of both L and Lights mind and just them pretty much playing Battle Ship with one another!

I enjoyed Light a lot more though. Like what he was doing I thought was great. As said above some innocent people died... but when do those darn innocents actually alll live? LOL :)

8. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

The cat and mouse game between L and Light was Very interesting. I liked it all the way till the end. I didn't like near as much as L but found him amusing still.

I found myself wanting Light too win. If the fbi or any investigation team was never formed to "catch" Light then no innocents would be sacrificed. Or maybe they would have.

9. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Light just annoyed me beyond all belief. I'm more for Near that Lawliet.

10. Basher

So sad. Light rocked. First time rooted for the bad guy....makes me want to write something like that