Latest Episodes

Discussion in 'Initial D' started by Domo-Kun, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Domo-Kun

Domo-Kun New Member

Episodes 7 and 8 of Stage 4 (Project D) are out!
    Anyone here seen them?

P.S THEY ROCK!

2. ondafly

ondafly New Member

they were the best of the serious so far - shame its such a long wait between episdoes though

3. Badluck

Badluck New Member

I don't know alot about cars or racing, but I'm learning alot thanks to Initial D.
    Anyway the newest 4th stage episodes (seven and eight) are great.
    I was really getting into episode eight.
    I like the RX-7 race, and can't wait 'till episode nine.
    Iwase Kyoko is so cool, a female racer with a black FD RX-7.
    She was an Initial D dream come true. :p
    I thought it has so cool that she is racing Keisuke Takahashi.
    Sorry to said something not very important to Idital D.
    I do understand that Iditial D is about the excitement of looking at cool cars and the thill of racing.
    I just can't hope to think girly thoughts of Keisuke and Kyoko together.
    I hope that Kyoko and Keisuke in up being a couple.
    She is the only female racer in Iditial D that is cool enough to date hot Keisuke.

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I actually thought that the driver for Impact Blue was a great character overall. Calm and collected on the track, yet abuzz and conflicted off of it.

Oh, and it's RX-7. =]

For me, Initial D isn't so much as "cool cars" (i wouldn't really be cheering for the 86 if it was), as much as race technique. Some of the stuff they apply (though exaggerated) DOES apply in real life, and in racing.

Also, yeah, especially just the thrill of watching them run races is great.

Edit: The GFS fansubs SUCKED.

Anyway, overall, I thought that Kyoko sounded much like Hikaru from Kimagure Orange Road. She saw Keisuke, and was so infatuated and so surprised at small act(s) of kindness that it made her see only him. Though, it did make her race better.

Okay, so, back to Initial D. I loved episode 8, if only because the real representation of single versus twin turbos. Also, they realistically portrayed a large turbo springing a leak in the turbo hose, as the PSI (boost) spiked and you heard all the air the turbo was pushing back into the engine.

The race was mediocre, because it seemed more Kyoko's episode. I would have loved to see a more technical race. Thus, as it stands, episode 6 is still my current favorite.