Leaving

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Zeffie the AI, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Zeffie the AI

Zeffie the AI New Member

Hey guys. Its been real here, but this place just doesn't hold anything for me anymore. I mean, I still love anime and manga, but....in my opinion you are just too harsh. Come on, I can see the point in the Karma thing, but it is certainly not fair for you to limit who's stuff counts. Whats the point? I'll tell you my reasoning for joining in the first place. I'm friends with another user, and she told me this place was great for anime discussion, and when I joined, it was alright for a while. But then one day I was looking on here with her and I realized the reason her karma points were so low when she was so dedicated to this place was because the two of some 6 or 7 that counted were bad ones. The other one's didn't count at all! Anyways, that is enough of my ranting. Like I said before, its been real. This is Zeffie the AI, saying sayonara!
    Ja ne minna!

2 people like this.
  2. Miko

Miko New Member

Zeffie! What'd you go and do that for?!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

.. Who are you?

Adieu, We'll remember your 16 posts.

Edit:
    Friends, eh? Why are your and Miko's IP addresses identical, then?

1 person likes this.
  4. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

MM well Ive never seen you on this board before. In response we are only harsh because we have seen hundreds of people come post 20x and then leave. So don't be mad.

5. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

Bye Bye. I'm sorry if you didn't like this place. if this is the same person *because you two have the same ip address* i'm sorry the one side of you didn't like this place.

1 person likes this.
  6. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

...*thinks*...

nope, sorry. still don't know who you are :sweat2:

i've never seen the point of posts like this. nobody is going to kiss your feet and beg you to come back.

the point is to keep spam posts or flamers out and have a reasonably friendly forum.

meh.

7. Dante

Dante New Member

Aw. What a shame. I think I'm going to cry.

Fare well, oh member who has the same IP Address, Avatar, Signature Font Style and Color as your friend who ironically posted only three minutes after you had posted with you having edited your post only a minute afterwards! :)

You well (not) be missed. :) I hope you (didn't) have an enjoyable time here. :) Please do (not) have a nice life. :) But.. BYE! :p

8. KazigluBey

KazigluBey New Member

Now, now, Amon and the rest of you guys,. . . I feel that we should all wish Zeffie the very best of luck. Heck, if nothing else for the therapy Zeffie the AI/Miko will need for this split-personality complex.

9. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan New Member

Just out of curiosity, if you think that people are too harsh here, why in the name of CRAP did you start this ridiculus thread? And why were you interested in this site if not to debate, possibly have heated arguments with people? I'm sorry, but that seems a tad pathetic to me. Go complain to the friend who dragged you into a forum that is obviously too harsh on your nerves. Spare us your "rant."

1 person likes this.
  10. Miko

Miko New Member

Hello, my name is Miko and I AM NOT ZEFFIE! I was visiting Zeffie and I left the comp and she got on. I came back and found this on the screen, I logged on and replyed to her, like it mattered, then Zef said she needed the comp again, who knows what for. I left the room and went to watch tv. Does anybody have a problem with that? Does that satisfy you? Are you happy now?

11. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Whoa, love and peace people!

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you Zef. But, next time (be it in another message board) if you have a problem with something be sure to bring it up with the moderators or admins and maybe they can clear things up.

Take care!

12. Sanyu

Sanyu Member

alrighty

Fair enough, but I'm too tired to say much about the matter right now. It's rather late for me. Tis your choice to leave the boards and I'd rather it not be our concern, if you do not mind, I'm heading off to bed now, night.

--Beauty :catgirl:
    PS. Have fun else where, amigo. Adios.

1 person likes this.
  13. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

hmm, well i don't know if this satisfies me in any way, nor make me any happier. i don't even think i'm convinced but hey, you gotta admit some things are a bit odd. but meh, hopefully whoever and whatever Zeffie is has a happy life not here. really, i have to agree with Spiggy that making threads like this isn't going to benefit in any way. it wasn't even like this Zeffie person made a lot of posts or stayed long enough to actually see how the whole karma point thing went for him. oh well, he made an opinion and ran away *thumbs up* good for you. laters....gotta start my stupid homework.

1 person likes this.
  14. Dante

Dante New Member

Yes.

No.

No.

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Retrieving this from the Wastebasket and re-opening it, to make a few points, and hopefully reclaim some of its original intent.

Some statements were made, with a goodbye message - yet instead of being constructive, this turned into a warzone.

I often say that at boards.jp (formerly M2A) we are open to feedback - hence our open forum of that name. This includes the positive and negative sides. I understand that many members enjoy the site on many levels, and I for one, am happy to see that. What I'm not so fond of is a public flogging - it is against forum policy. If someone is deserving of some action, the team will settle it - and under most circumstances in private with that person.

So, please...put your pitchforks and torches down...and if you see others gathering into a mob, do not join in. Thank you.

I will now respond to the original comments made in the civil manner I hope to see from members in the future.

It's your life, and we don't force anyone to stay if they don't want to.

A few points to make here.

1) You are taking Karma far too seriously. It is an added reward/punishment system spread throughout the users of the board that has little bearing on you. It would take you a large count of negative posting habits to be lowered to the status of where you would be considered for a ban.

Perhaps the one thing that has truly made users care about Karma is the Power Users promotion for those with high karma. And even then, it is not intended to be an easy sprint - the users that are trusted with the extra options a Power User receives are those who have been around long enough to respect the team, rules, and other members, and who have made worthwhile posting contributions. It is attainable by anyone of the boards with time and dedication. I don't think rewarding our more dedicated users is harsh...do you?

2) The limiting factor goes hand in hand with point 1. Those with high karma are the ones most faithful and dedicated to the board, and the ones with positive actions and are examples of members of good standing. It makes sense that they should have more weighting than someone new who is still unsure of the community.

That, and the limits are in place so there is no abuse. If new members had the weighting of our veterans, what's to stop anyone from signing up multiple accounts and dropping a heap of positive karma on themself?

The required person hit before giving the same person karma follows the same aspect. Without it, people could just form buddy systems and ping pong each other's posts to reach Nirvana Karma levels.

It does not take all that much before your Karma counts - just a little bit of boards participation. I think you are a tad bit too sensitive to label it "harsh".

Again, try not to look too deeply into the Karma system. If it bothers you, you even have the option of hiding your Karma display in your user control panel.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's count. But, perhaps you could think of it as a learning exercise. Users are not to be assigning karma without a good reason, and if they are feel free to report it to one of the team. A little bad karma won't hurt you, everyone gets some - even me. Listen to the comments left to you with the bad karma, re-visit your post, and understand why it is they've decided to give it to you. It may help you learn to not make the same mistake again when posting.

Yes, but that shouldn't discourage you. It shows that someone took the effort to reward you, and that you are making a positive impact on the boards. What they are giving you now may not count, but they will surely remember you when their karma does count and they return to influence it again.

Let me apologize for the flames that occured. Good luck with your future!