Likes/Dislikes?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Jaken, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I noticed that option today in the user CP and next to the FOAF links, under the Avatars. It must be new since most recently. And I was just wondering what that was. Get a brief explaination maybe? Thanks!

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Once again, the members have a keen eye. Nothing gets past you guys, does it? ^^

Likes/Dislikes is a small little profile addition where you can link out to things you love or hate. Put simply, when you add some items, you'll get a link added to your posts (like mine on the left). Anyone who clicks it will then be presented with your items and the websites you linked up for them.

It's a way to share some interests...and also to get the word out for things you like that no one has a clue about - link an informative website and they'll learn real quick.

Easy to use! Just enter your profile and click "Edit Likes/Dislikes". Then put in the description of your like or dislike. The next two boxes are for linkage. Box 1 should be used for your favourite personal site for the item. Box 2 is for a directory link - a place where users can browse many sites on the subject. For instance, I added "Saber Marionette J" as a like, and linked B.Tuv's marvelous SMJ fansite for box 1, and DMOZ's directory list for Saber Marionette in box 2.

Underneath both boxes, you'll notice quick links - one for google's "I'm feeling lucky", and another for DMOZ search. These are to aid you if you add something you don't know a site for and need a quick fill-in link - or just because you're lazy and want to save time. :)

As always, choose it, use it, cruise it. But don't abuse it, or you may lose it.

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Perhaps you could relax the requirements a bit? I tried to enter Hanami's Saber Marionette World, and the Link page of the Anime Web Turnpike, and it wouldn't work! I just got this message:

4. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Are there any rules for what links you put up, say like a link to a bittorrent site?

Edit: And i also keep getting the same message. :(

Edit 2: Heh, should have just clicked that to see what happens (as is the normal routine). Thanks any way Cloud.

5. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes I must make it a bit clearer.

You have to fill in the name AND the second URL (the one that says category under or somewhere near it). If you want to automatically have a category suggested, click on the "auto urls" button before adding - you can edit it later.

1 person likes this.