Music Linkin Park ... !!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Zanza, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Well i critisized Linkin park because they were in this "Nu-Metal" fad up until one of my nu-metal'ish friends burned me a Cd of this latest album of theres... & i'll have to admit... i find it good... As a drinks coaster! :anime:

2. LadyDeath

LadyDeath New Member

well that is a problem it being so short and sometimes you can't keep up with what they are saying cause they talk to fast...but you get used to it....

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I don't think that Meteora was that much shorter than H.T., I think H.T. was the same length or if it was longer, I'd say 40 mins max :)

4. SailorMina

SailorMina New Member

hey!!

I LOVE LINKIN PARK!!!,their songs are sooooooo cooooooool!!!!

5. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Hmm....should I piss off 99.9% of M2A's population with a post like, "Linkin Park is the epitome if crap. They are worthless metal-wannabes."? (I seem to remember getting into a fight with Zanza about that once...or maybe that was just my imagination.)

Of course not!

Although I don't like them, I have to give them credit for actually getting me into metal. If not for them, I would most definately not be who I am today. So, thank you Linkin Park. (God, that felt awkward).

6. Novus

Novus Gone

Well, they're definitely not "metal-wannabes". They're just that Gnu-Metal crap that the kids seem to like these days. It's another subgenre. Of course, their lyrics are total whiny drivel. I guess that's just what sells these days ...

7. LadyDeath

LadyDeath New Member

that is true but their lyrics speak the truth of teens today.....most teens can relate to them expecally me....bad childhood

8. Novus

Novus Gone

People everywhere have their problems. But people everywhere do not get an extremely lucrative record deal to ***** about them. That's my point.
    If someone was just talking to you and saying all the stuff that Linkin Park says in their songs, you'd tell them to shut the hell up and to quit whining. You'd probably tell them that you have your own problems without listening to them whining about theirs. Why is music any different?
    There's some musicians who are out there every day making music for the betterment of society and culture, making fine works of aesthetic beauty that will endure for years. There are musicians singing about profound ideals of peace and love and all that crazy stuff. There are musicians calling for change in a corrupt class system. And then there's Linkin Park, whining because someone hurt them inside. Boo freakin' hoo. Get over it.

9. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Maybe it helps to sing about it. And get a massive record deal out of it. (Wish i thought of that idea, lucky B*stard's).

10. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

i.. honestly don't get what you're saying here

artists shouldn't try and create from their pain?

is that it?

because....the worlds art galleries would be quite bare atm if artists weren't allowed express themselves

granted linkin park milk their teeni-goth fans and churn out samey whiney faux-angry songs but don't label every artist with the same brush..

11. kitty-ko

kitty-ko New Member

Hmmm...I love Linkin Parks music, just for the simple reason that i like the sound of it. I don't like it because it 'speaks' to me or anything like that.
    I agree with Mordeth, Linkin Park does milk the depressed and confused teen market for all its worth, and that could have something to do with their popularity, but the world would be a very boring place without variety - if you took Linkin Park-esque music out of the music industry, then we'd have people complaining that music these days is too idealistic and happy.

Maybe they are whining, but its whining that sounds good.

12. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

When music becomes idealistic and happy...is when KRS-One becomes president of the world. NO music is all idealistic and happy. Idealistic...perhaps for certain groups. Happy...well...Kelis seems to be happy about milkshakes. But, whatever. Everything else you said is right though kitty. It's for the sake of variety. it's just...a lot of people happen to like that variety of music (for now anyway...).

I myself listen to Linkin Park. Why? I dunno. I always seem to pop in the Meteora album every couple weeks in the car. Do I listen to it at home? Hell no. It's good driving music to me. I even got Hybrid Theory because of that. And I use *THAT* every now and then as driving music. Why? Someone said it was addicting. Then someone else said that the music just sounded good. Those are both my reasons. It's addicting to listen to and it's so...erm...linear in how they make their songs (which is to say...nearly repetitive) that I don't really know when the CD ends and when it repeats itself.

Unless I pay attention to the music. Which I *REALLY* shouldn't be doing because I'd be driving around at that point. ^__^

Go on, drones, listen to Linkin Park. I'm one of them. Just...don't expect me to be a rabid fanboy/girl/zanza. *winku*

I love you Zanza. Please don't run me over with your VW Jetta/Bora. ^_^

13. Novus

Novus Gone

Linkin Park is not creating from pain. They are feeding off the psychological pain of their audience and using it to feed their bank accounts. LP should hardly be compared to other "artists". Like most musicians, they sold out. This isn't necessarily a bad thing; selling out is basically just making more money because you're good at what you do, in some cases. I'm just saying that Linkin Park is still just saying the same things they said on their first album, and, quite frankly, I find it has grown stagnant.
    When Hybrid Theory was released three years ago or whenever, I thought it was a very interesting album. Over the years, however, I realized that Linkin Park is just as whiny as the other musicians that I am sworn to oppose: the dreaded pop-punk and emo acts.
    I enjoy angry music. I enjoy emotional music. I even enjoy sad music. I just don't like hearing people with money, cars, and all other forms of material wealth imaginable complaining about how bad their lives are. It's like when Britney Spears made that song Lucky about how hard being a pop star is, or when Eminem made The Way I Am, complaining about how difficult being one of the biggest names in the industry is. They can start whining when they lose everything they have going for themselves.
    At the risk of quoting my immortal enemies, it's like that Good Charlotte song Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

1 person likes this.
  14. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I happen to say that LP happens to be a huge poseur band that happens to have 0 talent in singing. So anyways i think they were great until they became a band, and started to sing. I along with novus enjoy music that is real, has feeling and makes me sometimes, and not for the benefit for others makes me sing along to it. LP just makes me want to puke.

~MAGs

15. LadyDeath

LadyDeath New Member

yeah kewl guys like the answers they are all good....like i said in my preveous statment i really realte to linkin park's music because i am one of those people who doesn't have alot of friends and is kinda of a loner....and i have issue about myself and they more of realte to teens like me deppersed and suicidal were all actually that way once or twice in our lives it may not be now or in our past but mabye in the future of lives....well that is all i got to say

16. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I for one don't believe that mega rich bands relate to depressed teens. They just write music that makes it sound like they do (and whammo, you give them your money). I find it base that bands coax fans into giving them money by pretending to empathize with them, and encouraging them in their depression.

This doesn't mean that the music can't mean anything to you though. If it makes you feel better to listen to it, fire away.

17. kitty-ko

kitty-ko New Member

Uhh...thanks for your approval Izzy :anime:

*nods* Just what I was going to say...get out of my head!! lol
    TBH, we really don't know what the lives of each guy in the band is like, it could be horrible for all we know...though I seriously doubt it. Even if Linkin Park members can't relate to depressed teens, their songs can. Even though that's totally fake.
    But maybe they are miserable, money doesn't buy love and happiness after all. Linkin Park could be singing about the past, how they were treated when they were younger, now, who knows? Or, yes, they could just be out to make money.
    Personally I believe the latter. But I don't care about the origins of Crawling, I just like the song!

1 person likes this.
  18. Novus

Novus Gone

You must also like Numb, then. It's the same freakin' song, just over again. It even has the same pattern of soft-hard-soft-hard and so forth. Just a freakin' rehash.

19. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Maybe they do play the same format for all there songs. But this is what a lot of people can relate to and that they share the same feelings that are mentioned in the lyrics of their songs.

20. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

To be honest, Novus, I think you've said enough. I mean, yeah, we know you hate LP. But to keep saying it after everybody already acknowledges it.

It's already been said they're repetitive. Don't be like Linkin Park and restate it everytime somebody makes a different post about somehow LIKING some of their songs. ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.