Television Little Mosque on the Prairie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Fushigi Rockna, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Fushigi Rockna

This thread is more so for the Canadian members. ^^;

Anyone else seen this show yet? I think it's freakin' genius. I can't wait for the new ep on Wednesday.

Basically it's about a young Muslim man from Toronto who goes to a small town on the Prairie called Mercy to be the Eman(sp?) at a new Mosque.....which is being run out of a church basment. XD

It's appartently gaining a lot of attention in the states...or it did before it aired. I believe CNN did something on it...or was it fox news? (or maybe both >.>) I heard even the Colbert Report did something on it. o.o; (I must've missed that episode...)

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Yes, I've been watching it since it aired, I really enjoy viewing it!

3. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

It sounds so interesting! ;.; I want to watch it!

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It's kind of sad how little Canadian content I actually watch. I still haven't even sampled "Corner Gas"...

5. Fushigi Rockna

Does anyone know what happened to the show? It hasn't been on for 3 weeks and that makes me sad. :{ the last ep I saw was when everyone was making a big deal about Rayanne being seen with a non-muslim man who wanted to go on a date with her.

You can watch it on youtube! And legally! 8D Appartently CBC decided to upload all the episodes on youtube for publicity reasons. :3 It's not really good quality, but it's all there.