Movies LORD OF THE RINGS 2 Towers!!!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by KaMeKaZi, Jul 4, 2002.

1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Ok Ive just seen the preview they have out at apple.com and Man you have to see it.. its FREAKING amazing.. makes me shiver all over.. cant wait till christmas to see this Amazing work of Art!...

KAME

2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

WOW !! Really ? There is a part II ?!! No wonder !!
    Because I was really mad how part I ended :mad: !!

3. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Oh, whoopedy doo, another LotR movie. :rolleyes: ::never liked Tolkien::

4. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Zanza If you had read the books the ending in part one would have made sense.. But thats how its supose to end.. No other way it could have ended without pissing of the Tolkien fans who have read the book..

Part 2 will end in the same fashiion but part 3 return of the king will end like a normal movie..

KaMe

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

what would have been nice, is if they'd have done something like this for the hobbit...then alot of ppl would understand how the ring came into frodo and bilbo's possetino.*^-^* i worked at a bookstore whe the movie came out(fellowship) and damn...lots of ppl never heard of hobbits or anything...but i need to see it when the 2 towers comes out...x-mas is not gonna come fast enough...harry potter and lotr...*^-^* weeee~~

6. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

*Hits her head*
    Did I tell you that JRR Tolkien has written 4 novels which means that there will be 4 movies. Just imagine that it would take 4 years to produce each LotR movie .. which means that we are going to see the 4th movie after 12 years ...:dizzy2:

7. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

there's only 3 books to the lord of the rings series. the hobbit comes first, then the other 3 books...but is not part of it...and is therefore, not getting a movie for it...besdies, there's that animated one for the hobbit...with john houston voicing gandolf...that is the voice for him darnit*^-^*

8. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

o_O really?! Damn you ISA -- oh that my brothers nickname. He told me that there are 4 books and the Hobbit was the fifith. Damn lair or maybe he is just plain stupid ... I just read about 100 pages from the 1st novel and :p This topic reminded me that I didnt finish reading it :eek: ..

9. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

Kewlies! I can't wait to see the next movie of it! YEah, there are four (three of you don't count the Hobbit) books to Lord of the Rings.

One thing though, I heard it should be out this winter. So it's one every year. I could be wrong, but that's just what I heard.

10. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Really looking forward to it. Big Tolkien fan here. I wonder if I can score tickets to this premiere too<just to clarify this, I was at the premiere of the fellowship of the rings. ph33r>. There are actualy around 20 middle earth books, but many of them were largely written by chris tolkien, JRR's son. Hmm. Anyway, Keep Watching The Skies!

11. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

yeah, seeing the premier would be fairly cool

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

No Hobbits? Did they live their lives under a rock? Meh. Tell me they at least knew what an orc was!

13. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

it's amazing how little ppl know when they don't read...most of the ppl coming in buying the books were doing so cause they thought it was good and don't read regularly...and the other excuse, to get their kids reading..lol

14. c0ke

c0ke New Member

LoTR 2, can't wait till christmas when it's released.
    LoTR was good, but there was something different from the book and the movie.

Like that elf woman doesn't even appear until the 2 towers.

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

and gandolf didn't take the credit for the stallions heads on the water roll she "made" lol yeah...that helps support he thing that liv tylor is evil....and well...they added romance...not really anyof that in the books...if i remember right...

16. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

What?! People didn't know about hobbits? I read the hobbit when I was 8! And then around when I was 10 I read LOTR!
    I loved the books! I reread them enough to know them by heart!

And for me, books will always be better than movies, because that way people's brains still have to work on imagining things rather than always having it done for them.

I'm not saying the movies can't be good, but unless we wanted the movies to be 14 hours long, they have to omit some things. But I hate the way they change some parts too. For example, the horses made out of water...

They did a good job, but I think they could've done better. I still loved the movie and I'm definitely going to see the second one, because

a) I want to see how good it is.

b) I want something to complain about ;)

17. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

There's a lil Hobbit in us All...

well. some of this stuff is hilarious.
    The first ever trailer I saw of the Lord of the Rings had at the end,

Fellowship
    Christmas 2001

*boom*

Two Towers
    Christmas 2002

*boom*

Return of the King
    Christmas 2003

if there was anything I thought that was silly was why they would come out on Christmas, but they just meant the season. so Two Towers will prob come out the 19th of December. Exactly one month after Harry Pothead!

EOWYN IS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME TO SEE!!! GO LADY OF ROHAN EOWYN!!! YAYYYYYAYAYAYAY!!!

18. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

I think they did the best they could under what they had to work with... I know something were a bit off.. like the Mines of moria..Gilmly wanted to know what happend to his friends who went there.. but in the movie he did no know they were dead.. but i think they did an exccellent job but nothing will ever beat the human brain!

KaMe

19. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Kame, you took the words right out of my mouth. Stop doing that! (.V.) ;)

That's exactly what I meant. Nothing can beat the human brain...except maybe Heero, he'd squish it with Wing Zero's heel...But that's beside the point because Heero has a human brain!

20. Vash

Vash New Member

Gimli didn't know his friends were dead in the book either, he just feared it.

I loved the movie. It was a great movie.

But...it's always more fun to ***** about stuff! Most of the things he (Jackson, I mean) changed I could see made sense because of the change of medium but there were three things that seemed gratuitous to me and peeved me something rotten.

1) He made Merry and Pippin into louts. Merry in particular is quite serious-minded in the book, and I preferred it when they were conspiring with Sam to help Frodo, not just getting accidentally involved.

2)It was Caradhras, the mountain itself, who had it in for the fellowship and forced them to take the Moria road instead of the mountain path. It wasn't Saruman, there was never an implication in the book that he had that kind of power. This was extra disappointing to me because when I first saw Caradhras in the movie i nearly fell out of my seat because it was just as I'd always seen it in my head. Caradhras was older and eviller than Saruman.

3) Boromir did NOT die a monarchist a***-licker! When he died he asked Aragorn to 'Go to Minas Tirith and save my people.' MY people he said!! Boromir believed in the right of the Stewards of Gondor to rule and was never particularly impressed by the legends of the kings of the past.

But with that said, it is a brilliant movie and I mostly loved it and I was astonished at how often things looked just as I imagined them, especially Hobbiton. I was also really impressed by how careful he was to get the pronunciation correct.