Movies LORD OF THE RINGS 2 Towers!!!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by KaMeKaZi, Jul 4, 2002.

1. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Yeah that is true. That's counted as post production.
    Just thought I'd post this pic of Treebeard, because it's ****ing cool.
    [​IMG]
    Hurrah for Fangorn.

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

WOO-HOO!!! This movie is awesome! Didnt even stop to breathe it was so good! Everything just flowed so smoothly. I love the comedic relief too! Don't want to ruin anything.. go see it everyone!!! I even got me a popcorn TwoTowers bucket with Eowyn on it!! yay! I can't wait for Return of the King now! but I want to see this one again!!!

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

oh yah.. I watched this National Geographic show on the Two Towers and its filming as well.. maybe this came from an article as well. Peter Jackson still calls the actors and gets them to film other parts inbetween the movies. He said something about getting them all back in the summer to film some extra parts. Jackson and the others also said they werent going to have Sam's end speech to Frodo in the movie at all cuz they thought it was cheesy, but then decided they needed it because it tied all the other messages and parts together. So that was filmed later on after the big filmed clump. So nothing is ever finalized right at the beginning. Its an evolving process towards the end and things need to be added or taken out.

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

OMFG TWO TOWERS IS T3H R0XX0R!!

THAT WAS SO COOL! SO COOL!:eek: :eek: :eek: :cool: :D

5. Tailki

Tailki New Member

I saw that movie tonight, opening night, It was cool. I like the tree people!! Hey um...I was only seeing one tower...were is the other one??? I didn't get to see people dressed up like elves and stuff at teh theater...that would've been funny!!

6. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I don't know. I'm more pumped up for the last one. If you haven't read the books, u'll know why when it comes out. Ahhh, grond, hammer of the underworld, the leagons of orcs, trolls, Haradrim, Variags, the riders of Rohan on the fields of the Pelenor, the classic combat between Aeowen and the Lord of the Nazgul (sorry if I ruined it for anyone). But Believe me, the battle of Minas Tirith is gonna be awesome in the last movie. Still, I expect this one to be really good, epecially since Peter Jackson is focusing quite a bit on the battle of the hornburg and all I crave is battle battle and more battle (muahaha, ah-hem, sorry).

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Two towers... y'know...

one is Sarumans, the other is Saurons...

And the Ents kicked major butt. They were pretty close to what I had imagined they would look like.

8. Tailki

Tailki New Member

...um names mean nothing to me, I have no idea what any of their names are, they are, the guy, the elf, the drofe, the good wizard, the bad wizard, the girl, and the elf girl, oh and the hobbits. However I think I know what you mean and the bad wizard had a tower that is one, now the other places they were at were, the kings fortress, the forest, towns, the swamp, and that big gate thing, and none of those were towers. Wheres the other one?

9. DrunkLeprachaun

I saw it at the irish premier on the 17th(theoden was there), I thought it was bleedin rappadh. I thought it was better than the first one actualy. It had some flaws though, that you'd only notice if you were a fan of the book. I thought there wasn't nearly enough development of the Ents, and Treebeard was downright hasty, "I'm not a tree, I'm an Ent, people call me Treebeard."(no Quickbeam either) Pippin and Merry never drunk the ent draught either, so basicly, I didn't think the whole ent thing was that well done. I liked the humour though. I thought Golum was funny, and I liked the theme of melancholy running through it all. I liked it a lot.

10. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

I just saw the movie today I must say it was awesome.Much better than the first in my opinion.Everything about it was well done.The battle scenes were the most amazing battle scenes in any fantasy movie.Excellent.Cant wait to see the conclusion.

11. evilmutantman

evilmutantman New Member

it was a kick**s film, but there were the parts that werent right. (dont read if u havent seen it, u kno, it might take an edge off) for a start, Faramir (brother of Boromir) wasnt as greedy in the book, as he said [about the ring] "if i saw it on a road i would not be tempted" (or sumthin like that) and they didn't go into gondor in 2 towers. more notable stuff like that as well, but aside from all that, it was probably better than the first, just slightly. both excellent films in their own, but not as good as the books themselves. i just cant wait til number 3! 1 YEAR AWAY!!:eek:

12. DrunkLeprachaun

I agree sort of about Faramir, but he was really only obeying the laws of his kingdom, which the breaking of is punishable by death. And he didn't take Frodo to Minas Tirith, that was only Osgiliath.

13. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

watching the extended version of the Fellowship brings back memories. the appendices are so cool too!

as far as Ent development and such, perhapd Pippin drinks the brew in the uncut version, and theres more development in other areas as well.

I know the extended version of Fellwoship brought a diffeent feel to the movie, and it flowed way better.

if someone is still having trouble figuring out what were the towers, one was the bad white wizard Saruman's place which the Ents went to, and the second one has a big fiery red eye on the top of it. :glazed:

14. Tailki

Tailki New Member

ohhhhhhhhh THank you that was driving me crazy!!!!!

15. Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk New Member

The books are great and the films keep up the tradition and stay faithful, (mostly, but the whole Aragorn/Eowyn/Arwen thing got a little messed up and far fetched)

And Legolas and Frodo are really adorable! Frodo for his big eyes and Legolas for....just...well...being Legolas really....:shy3:

I especislly liked when Legolas "surfed" down the steps while shooting the orcs!

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I personally think Gimli made this movie.. well.. okay, the Ents the battle.. okay everything did.

I have another point to make about the towers: For the longest time Tolkien wasn't sure which Two Towers the title of the second book was refering to. Tolkien intended the story to be one big book, not 3 and it was his publisher who decided on the name 'The Two Towers' since there are so many towers in the story, he couldnt think of which two towers were most important/stood out. So he decided it had to refer to two dark towers Orthanc and Cirith Ungol. It was the filmmakers for this movie that changed the two to Orthanc and Barad-dur. (Saruman and Sauron's)

weird eh? this came from a magical world of Tolkien book.

have you guys noticed that Legolas' eyes change from brown to blue throughout the movie? or is it just me?

17. Tailki

Tailki New Member

wow um, that's about all the information about the "Two Towers", that I can stand!!

18. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Well, they did mess the battle at Helms Deep up a bit. ELVES?!? There were no bloody elves all the way from Lorien. The Rohirrim took care of all that on their own.

I was also wondering, when Gandalf, Ayomer and the Riders of Rohan were charging down the mountain at the Urukhai, how did they get through that formation the Urukhai set up? That was a pikemen formation they did with their spears that was used in the ancient warfare all the way up to the 19th centuary. It completly protects the defenders from a cavalry charge. I know the steeds of the Rohirrim were the best horses in Middle Earth, but I doubt that they were that good. Anybody have any clues on this?

19. Axel

Axel New Member

i

I haven't seen it yet but i have seen the fellow ship of the ring about 8 times at the cinema and a couple of times on video.

20. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

?????

I loved it! It's so cool, and the effects were so realistic. Frodo kinda freaked me out though.