Love Hina DVD's!!!!

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by UrashimaKeitaro, Apr 1, 2001.

1. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

That's right folks... Love Hina has been officially licensed by Bandai. Anybody have more info? post it here!

-JavaLamp
    ------------
    Oh, yeah... gotta love it

2. YokoburiKinura

Bandai said that they didn't want to leak it so early as the Fanime convention, but a Production I.G. representative went ahead and announced it to quash a lot of rumors. Bandai's stance right now is that they are going to be so busy with the various Gundam series, Big O, Pilot Candidate, SM J-X, and others this year that Love Hina will probably not see release in 2001. This was the reason they didn't want to announce it just yet, in order to prevent the anticipation created by some 'other' companies (probably ADV, with the number of fans getting hot-headed about Excel Saga taking so long).

------------------
    Yes, I'm Sleepy Head

3. KagekenOokami

KagekenOokami New Member

Um...can we say, SWEET!!! I love this series and the fact that it'll be on DVD is super green! gotta love it!

------------------
    The Wolf is a dangerous thing, but in the shadows, it's your death.
    -ShdwBlade

4. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

dunno.. there's just something about the Dancin Homer subs... Commercial DVD rips can't quite replicate that feeling of fading subtitles that we all love
    -----------------
    wonders why the next line appears before the first finishes

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

...Yeechh! Gotta read those suckers way too fast...!

There's now a release date up on Bandai for these:

February 19th, 2001.

-BandaiMattSu...

6. Mr. J

Mr. J New Member

Yep, n'ya can apparently get the first one with a box to hold the other 5 discs on the way. I dunno if they got the specials or not, but other folks have said they havn't.
    Anyway, seein' as how Kenshin's been the only series I've been buyin' of late, I could use more anime.

7. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Latest I read on the subject is that they (Bandai) have episodes 1-24, and that's it. Anybody read anything more recent?

-UK

8. YokoburiKinura

Just what BakaMattSu said, the first disc is to street in February.

What I'm mad about is that Silent Möbius is getting pushed farther back to move Love Hina up. I expected to see it come out soon after the turn of the year, but no... Love Hina, which, being newly licensed, presumably has less post-production work done, is being pushed up? Why...

(At this point, YokoburiKinura is dragged away kicking and screaming by Kinura's alter ego.)

9. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I think the problem with Möbius was that all the people responsible for the websites and press releases realized they had no Umlauts on their keyboard, and so couldn't type the name right. Of course, it will take a year or two to get that fixed, but in the meantime, you can enjoy the fluffy fun of Love Hina!