Makoto Shisio vs Seijuro Hiko

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by STRONGEST, Mar 7, 2005.

1. STRONGEST

STRONGEST New Member

Would have had Makoto Shisho a chance against Kenshin's teacher?

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

Perhaps...Shishio Makoto is a strong swordsmen and was obviously above Kenshin in skill. Hiko Seijuurou its stronger than Kenshin but im not entirely sure if he could beat Shishio without getting seriously hurt.

3. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Oh, Seijuro takes the battle for me! Makoto may be more skilled than kenshin, but Seijuro is deffenetly better than Kenshin. Not a flawless battle, but im sure Seijuro will walk out.

-Kaiyon

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

well, Hiko not necessarily better than Kenshin, just larger. Many of the attacks of the Hiten Mitsurugi School Of Kenjutsu rely on charging attacks, such as the Kuzu Ryuu Sen. Therefore, one of larger mass will be stronger in the attack and as we all know, Kenshin is a small guy. so, Hiko's techniques are stronger simply because of his size. now obviously, hes a lot more muscular than Kenshin, so, hes probably more powerful in most ways anyway. However, Kenshin was losing in his battle against Shishio.

SPOILERS

in the final moments of the battle, Kenshin was debilitated by a massive stab wound to the stomach. he was barely able to stand and definitly not able to wield his sword with both hands which easily cuts the power of a strike in half. In fact he wasnt even able to hold his sword up, and Shishio was making a massive downward cut, one that i believe Kenshin wouldnt have been able to block or dodge. However due to his condition, Shishio died from spontaneous combustion. So, perhaps by the rules of Saitou, he won because he was the last one standing, but in reality he was about to die right then and there. So its really a question of if Hiko would have been powerful enough to deal with this almost invincible master swordsmen. Remember, Shishio survived being stabbed in the head, shot and finally set on fire, though badly disfigured he was still alive and capable or wielding his sword with almost demonic power.

5. STRONGEST

STRONGEST New Member

I have just finished the manga, and for me Makoto Shisio was really powerful and strong, but also was a bag of "dirty" tricks with the use of the Odura Dama and the gun powder, he was certainly making use of some advantage there.

Anyway IMO Shisio was strong and powerful, but Hiko was something else whatsoever.

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

well regardless of his tricks, his swordsmenship was easily more powerful than Kenshin. during the Bakamatsu he was his equal with the sword, though his school and past were unknown. Hiko is powerful but its not entirely known if his power surpasses that of Shishio Makoto.

SPOILERS

Remember, in the teaching of the Ougi, Amakakeru Ryuuno Hirameki, the teacher always dies from it because of its extreme power, meaning that the student surpasses the teacher. However, Hiko lived only because of the Sakabatou and because of the fact that the Mekugi that holds the blade in the handle was just loose enough to vibrate and slow down the speed of the blade just a hair to prevent the strike from being fatal. So, during his fight with Shishio, Kenshin hit him full force with the Amakakeru Ryuuno Hirameki and it still didnt kill him, in fact, although it did do damage, he was able to stand up and able to wield his sword just the same.

7. STRONGEST

STRONGEST New Member

Yes, but also Kenshin was physically depleted by his previous battles against Aoshi and Seta Soujiro.

BTW.- If Kenshin attitude had not had that irritating effect on Seta do you believe he would have been able to beat him?

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

that is true, but Shishio had taken massive hits from many different attacks. enough to easily match what Kenshin had taken.

anyway, i think just the fact that Kenshin was there irritated Seta so, i dont think he would have won eitherway.

9. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

it says that the kuzu ruy sen can not be stopped except by the ougi of the hmr style, as long as he uses that, he should have no problem i believe!

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

Spoilers.

remember, Shishio has a time limit. after 15 minutes his body begins to break down from overheating. However he is extremely powerful and has extreme stamina. Remember Kenshin hit him with a 5 hit combo, The Ryuu Tsui Sen into the Ryuu Shou Sen, Followed by the Ryuu Kan Sen Kogarashi, Tsumuji, and Arashi dirivitives. Then he hit him with the Kuzu Ryuu Sen and still he could stand and even fight. In the end he even took the full force of the Amakakeru Ryuuno Hirameki, The strongest technique of the Hiten Mitsurugi School. Power that i think Kenshin couldnt match. Remember, Kenshin only won because Shishio combusted due to overheating. All things considered, Hiko-Shisho may not be powerful enough to beat him. His strength is considerably more than Kenshin but how much isnt clear.

11. Sword_Master

Sword_Master New Member

You guys all are forgetting Kenshin fought Shishio with a reverse-blade sword. He landed hits on shishio that if kenshin was using a standard sword shishio would have died numerous times.
    If Hiko and Shishio fought, Hiko would surely win since he does not have a vow against killing and fight using a standard sword.

12. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

But if u watch it didnt Seem like shishio was trying blocking and if u think about it shishio proably did know kenshin wasnt gunna kill him

13. Rane

Rane New Member

*sigh* I at least think that Seijuro would not need Shishio to be accidentally blown up by one of his own croonies to win.

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

uh what now? could you explain that better?

15. Rane

Rane New Member

Me? *points finger at self*

What I mean is....you know how Shishio was defeated because his own henchman blew up the place? I think that Hiko Seijuro would've killed Shishio before that happened...just a thought.

16. Hitokiri_Gensai

er....Shishio died before Houji did anything. During the fight his body overheated so much that he burst into flames and burned. After that Houji tried to destory the entire place so they would all die.

17. Rane

Rane New Member

Oh...*chews on thumb* :sweat:

Gotta kill these misinforming websites...grrrr..... :mad:

18. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

I go with Hiko here. That guy's awesome, he would beat Shishio no doubt.

19. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

So. Sorry about my last post i read it and it didnt make sense. Anyways... Shishio would win cause remember he wasnt killed by kenshin and he fought like 4 ppl. ANYWAYS ... He bursted into flames and didnt get killed by anyone so he could beat seijuro

20. sangotaijiya

sangotaijiya New Member

I don't think Shishio was a better swordsman than Kenshin at all. He used gunpowder and blew Kenshin up. Also Kenshin did him in at the last minute with the Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki by drawing him in and then slashing him to ribbons. Yes he did have to spontaneously combust to die, but only because Ken would refuse to kill him.

Nope, Kenshin's the greatest swordsman of all and none shall ever surpass him. *bearhugs ken* @_@ Oroooooooo