Art Manga/Doujinshi

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Suzu, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Anyone ever try making or have made a doujinshi or a original manga? :) If yes, may we possibly see some samples?

2. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

I know YokoburiKinura is working on a project that we co-wrote the story of, you'll have to ask him though for scans, I'll see if he's interested in scanning in the pages he's done.

-UK

3. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

Yeah, but it's not really done.. ^^;;

4. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Well if you can't share some sample may we know how you made the manga?

Anyone would like to tell us of any special supplies they have used in producing thier manga? and how? Tones, nibbed pens, special manga paper, special glue, markers, brushes, ink etc etc.

Is there any Specific steps one must follow to make a manga?

5. hellmaster

hellmaster New Member

...ehe...

lets see... *snaps his fingers and a large pencil box appears out of nowhere*

I use a sakura brush tip pen for outlining large pictures that don't have much detail. It's pretty thick, but the ink doesn't bleed and it makes a smooth, clean line.

I also have two copic inking pens. The first is .1 mm and I'm usually too afraid to use as often as I'd like to becaue it's soooo thin that the tip looks like its about to break. The second is a .8 mm inking pen that is pretty...ermm...nice... Its somewhere in my dads car...I think.

Lets see...I also have...a pen (yes, a pen) that I got for christmas from a good friend of mine (A big round of appluase for...JOSIE!) It produces a very clean, fine line...I just wish Josie would tell me where she got it.

And last, a pen that I got at this art supply store. It's one of those disposable fountain pens that are quite convinient because you don't have to but any ink for it. I am not yet quite used to fountain pens, and it bleeds alll over my fingers (yucky...) maybe I should just practise more.

I use just about any eraser I can bloody well FIND

Pencil crayons...ah, yes, those little colorful wooden sticks that I used to use before I discovered photoshop (well, I still use them, but...) Prang Sucks, Laurentien sucks, those crappy things you get at school suck, crayola is OK, prismacolor rocks my world and anything that's priced over whatever I have at the moent that I'm in the art store SEEMS to be of pretty good quality (pencil crayons)

I usualy use technical pencils...actually, I don't really care, but I perfer technical pencisl..no wait...I DO care...

Any kind of pencil sharpener provided outside of school is alright for me.

The paper I use has to be white and thin. Non of that 100% recycled little-bits-of-wood yellowy, bumby thicker-than-Gourrys-head junk.

Is that it? hmmm...

Those milky pens and gel pens...I only keep them in my pencil box for show. I don't really USE them. Neither do I let anyone else use them...

White-out is fun to when you have shiny, dark surfaces like my mom's computer desk...

is that it? is it over yet?

yes...I like drawing...drawing is...fun...

**pardon any typos and/or grammarticalblah-blah errors in this post as I am too lazy to check it over. And once I hit the "post reply" button and am redirected to my original message, I shall probably see every little mistake I made, but, alas i am too lazy to correct them!**

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I'm thinking of creating my own manga's and all... but I'll have to learn how to draw it a bit faster before and develop my own style though. I'm thinking on the plot being about Archangels and Angels and their battle against evil, the whole feel of it is going to be kind of like Dragonball Z. I'll probably include a love story in their too so it's both Shojou and Shonen, probably a human that the main angel has to save and they fall in Love and then the human ends up dying but goes to Heaven and their together forever or something...hmmm.

Well for now I'm going to work a bit more on Macbeth parodies until I get my style goin'

Attached Files:

7. hellmaster

hellmaster New Member

o_O hum?

I'm planning on making my own manga, but I'm still in the middle of the story.

Anyway, did YOOUUU draw dat comeek? if you did....then....then >_< I HATE YOU! (in a good way :))

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

LOL! Kenshin and Kaoru do MacBeth! Classic!

*sees everyone staring at him*

No! There's no way I'm posting what I have so far for Donosan! It's gross looking!

9. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Come on BakaMattsu.... pretty please! We wanna see your original manga "Dodosan"! :D There is no such thing as "gross looking art"!

O_O ! WOW! That's so proffesional like, That Guy! HOw did you make it? Teach me :D... ! What did you use to create this parody? :) would you like to tell us about your secrets behind your success? :D*sound like an interview*

:)

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

There is when I'm at the helm!! :D

BakaMattSu, drivel in fear, for the Baka is here!

11. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

EEEEE!! I wish I could draw that good *weeps* but I just edited the picture in photoshop ;)

Is that the pic of Dono San Sama Kun Chan? that picture looked really good when you drew it way back when...

12. Yuna

Yuna New Member

I'm trying to make a doujinshi!!! it's gonna be simple, and Crappy since I'm just gonna use Ink!!! :(!!! I'll post a sample when it's ready!!! and the rest of the doujinshi will be submitted in my 'Coming soon Site'

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

You can judge the grossness yourself...here's proof

14. JEDI_X

JEDI_X New Member

manga rox!!

15. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I see some good art there BMS! nothing gross at all :) ... Practice is the key word for every artist...

16. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Lets see...Drawn a manga..

Tried..

Failed..

:D

17. Dark Kaneda

Dark Kaneda New Member

uh......cool.......i wish i could do a manga or watever but i cant draw well......at all