Manga Viewer Script Alert!

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by MamiyaOtaru, May 14, 2001.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

This topic, at least for the first post, will concern only those who have a copy of my LH manga viewer. There is a small bug! It is solveable by simply deleting two lines. Search for and delete the lines:
    "if(newPage <= volume[vNum])
    pNum = newPage;"
    with them gone, the bug (which only showed up in one place, but could easily have been more, and may yet have been with more volumes) will die, squished under my massive shoe of debug.

if you want to know why, read on. propeller caps not necessarily necessary.
    Anyone present for the development of this script may remember that it originally went by the number of the picture. ie, clicking on '190' took you to picture 190. Unfortunately, there was a discrepancy in the number of the picture, and the actual page number of the manga, due to a picture of the cover fouling up the numbering.

It was changed so that a click on 190 would display page 190 (or picture 190+2, 192 to account for the cover)

The lines that were deleted were the old check to make sure that the number clicked did not exceed the number of pictures for the present volume (necessary due to volumes of varying lengths). If the number is less than or equal to the number of pics, the page to be viewed variable is set to that number.

The lines immediately after were added in the effort to use actual page numbers instead. They take the number clicked, add two to get the actual pic number, and check if THAT is within the number of pics for the volume.

unfortunately, it does so after the old check. The problem occurs in places like volume 7 (which has 190 pics). When you click on '190' the two deprecated lines check that there are indeed 190 pics. There are, so the page to be viewed var is set to 190. Then the next lines check that PAGE 190 exists in vol 7, by adding two to 190. Page 190 DOES NOT exist, so the page to be viewed var is not changed, but is left at page 190. So, clicking on page 190 (which does not exist, and should do nothing) brings you to PICTURE 190, the old, and false, behaviour.

Worse, it also attempts to display page 191, and there is an ugly red 'x' on the side of the page. Anyway, a simple fix, just delete the offending code (I should have myself, but you know I did the conversion to page numbers in about half an hour)
    -----------------
    propellor caps off, and wake up!

[This message has been edited by MamiyaOtaru (edited May 14, 2001).]

2. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

LH manga wiever???

//Aldamel, wonderin what the f*ck a KH manga wiever is....a wiever in which u wiev love hina manga?

3. MamiyaOtaru

???? um, the only person who said anything about a wiever is you. I was talking about a viewer something you use to view, or browse through the manga. It's a lot easier than clicking on each JPG one at a time in explorer
    ------------------
    should I post it?
    or make it spyware?
    with ads? bwahahaha

4. MamiyaOtaru

Said manga viewer is now compatible with said (elsewhere) volume 9.
    kudos to keikun for help on that one, sure saved me a schload of time.
    I wish I had better than a modem...
    -----------------
    don't tell me to get something better, YOU try living in Wyoming

5. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

hum, I just simply use ACDSee for that...works perfect....handles zip files too....

//Aldamel, ca't spell btw :p

6. MamiyaOtaru

dont knock it till youve tried it. I can almost gaurantee the script is more convenient
    --------------
    kei kun?

7. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

I've never tried ACDSee... can't really comment other than to say that this manga script really *is* cool, left click, next page, right click, previous page, it presents things in a nice universal format, takes the manga pages that are split and puts them in the two page format you would see reading the manga itself, it slices, it dices, it 100 tools in one, a simple click takes you to whatever volume you want, another gets you within 10 pages, or at a maximum, 5 clicks (really only 2) from whatever page you want to see.

-JavaLamp
    ----------
    The walking billboard.

8. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

hum, oke...u got me intressted...so where can I get it?

//Aldamel, wonderin' if it works with a scroll wheel....

9. UrashimaKeitaro

just talk to the author, that would be Otaru

JavaLamp
    ---------
    Sold to an Ame... oops, Sold to a Swede!

10. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

Yo! otaru, where can I get it?!!! *screaming*

//Aldamel, gees, couldn't he see me last post :p

11. UrashimaKeitaro

He just departed for somewhere IRL, after IM'ing me to tell you that he'll post it when he gets back

-JavaLamp
    ----------
    I Am the messenger!

12. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

oke, by then I'm prolly asleep but no rush...btw, can u IM in this forum...how if so?

//Aldamel, nah....

13. MamiyaOtaru

14. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

I dun have modem...I have a sweet 10 mbit line :p

//Aldamel, and his mighty connection.....

15. MamiyaOtaru

The bit about modems was directed at anyone who might have one. I would hope that you will not be the only person ever to download it.
    and I am on a modem. Tell me to upgrade! I laugh! It is not possible where I live. Period. nope. nuthin. T1 when at school though, so I am rather spoiled.
    -----------------
    bleah