Music Marching Band?

Discussion in 'Music' started by neoblacklady, Oct 23, 2002.

1. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

Hmm I dont know if this should be here in music, or the misc forum....But...
    Has anyone ever been in marching band? If so what instrument did you play? What was your favorite show you marched to?
    I played clarinet in marching band. I wanted to swtich to bass drum...but I couldn't b/c there werent many clarinets to begin with. My favourite show was Phantom of the Opera..the others bombed....and I did a little color guard.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I used to play flute, but it was only band. Middle schoolers don't march. Hehe. ;)

Hmm, I tried out for colorguard, but didn't make it since the routine slipped my mind the day of the try outs. It was really me and a few other guys trying out, since it looked fun...and I enjoyed embarassing the hell out of my girlfriend (now ex) at the time.

3. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

im in the marching band *band pants are cool* i play the melophone or mellophone or B-flat horn or the marching french horn or a fat trumpet dude whatever you want to call it really ^.^ umm currently the show we're doing is riverdance *heehee* with amazing grace plugged in(the way we tied it in is kinda cool i think) its a good show and all but not one of my favs...i think my top one would be with schools out, johnnys mambo, and it is well with my soul man the music and the sets were all so awesome i just LOVED that show *wishing they could play that show again* anyway its cool to know other people on this earth are *er were* involved in band ^.^ im not alone in this world!

4. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

I'm a hard core marching band geek. I'm on 1st trumpet this year and our band even qualified for state! I'm realy excited. Our show is a Holloween theme with Thriller, Slaughter on 10th Ave, and Sleepy Hollow.

Its great

5. flamehed

flamehed New Member

I play trombone in marching band right now...but I also play bass guitar in another band.....

6. Kronus

Kronus Guest

i play clarinet/bass clarinet in band, also as well as piano. wasn't ever in a marching band, but i was kinda drafted into a collage band in grade 9 ^^ i think we got gold in provincial competition. [yea, i live in canada. wheee]

also been in a few comp local competitions with band, usually got excellent/superior rating overall. going to some other national one next year april, heh. hopefully that doesn't suck ^_^

artemis: i dunno if its the same 'sleepy hollow' we're talking about, but i did one before, it was a good song. hehe.